Andrew Johnson Vs Donald Trump impeachments, the comparison

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
First I'll say the Clinton impeachment was a joke, and I think the Clinton's are scum. But that Republican party was a small fraction the level of shit these Democrats.

I thought to compare Trump's impeachment to Andrew Johnson's. Works to demonstrate we once had a more capable congress. More than that it demonstrates the differences between sound intentions and alarming regression.

Why Elected:
Johnson
was a Southern Democrat. Long story short he chose not to succeed with the south as a State Senator. Lincoln chose him as running mate as a demonstration of unity, so Johnson fell into the job of POTUS.

Trump is a big mouth with huge balls. Sometimes BS, often blunt. Clearly an anomaly, with no Govt. experience.

Effectiveness:
Johnson
Too many reasons why Johnson was in over his head. Lincoln chose him for appearances only, though perhaps a demonstration of faith in mankind.

Trump
is a big mouth with huge balls. Sometimes BS, often blunt, and he just plain gets shit done. Little Govt. experience, which has proved inconsequential, if not an improvement.

Cause for Impeachment:
Johnson
showed his true colors as POTUS. All while many Southern Democrats were reinstated into positions of power. Among things along the same tone, Johnson denied blacks civil liberties and citizenship to undercut a Republican Congress and mandate. Things went to shit, and it's easy to understand why. This was the foundation for impeachment, but not the stated "reason" for impeachment. Dollars to donuts Johnson rubbed elbows with those behind Lincoln's assassination.

Trump
is a big mouth with huge balls. Sometimes BS, often blunt and just plain gets shit done. Clearly an anomaly. On the front-end he remains unpopular with the left due to the lingering butt-hurt a woman (Clinton) could be victimized by "grab a pussy". On the back-end Trump is a threat to the establishment, and he hurts their feelings too. This was the foundation for impeachment, but not the stated "reason" for impeachment.

Senate
The Senate narrowly decided Johnson would serve-out his term, which was +- one year. Too many Democrats.

It's easy to recognize a dumbing down and congress with bad intentions, but if Johnson wasn't removed, WTF would you expect Trump to be removed?

Second term & conclusion:
Johnson
failed to get the Democrat nomination for a second term. It might appear the Democrats did some wising up. While they failed to remove Johnson, real progress was demonstrated by the Republicans and people.

Trump
is a big mouth with huge balls. Sometimes BS, often blunt and just plain gets shit done. Clearly an anomaly. If the left doesn't wise-up to these Democrats, never mind an effective POTUS then we're in steep decline. I'd like to prefer we've seen actual progress, Trump 2020.

Last edited:
First I'll say the Clinton impeachment was a joke, and I think the Clinton's are scum. But that Republican party was a small fraction the level of shit these Democrats.

I thought to compare Trump's impeachment to Andrew Johnson's. Works to demonstrate we once had a more capable congress. More than that it demonstrates the differences between sound intentions and alarming regression.

Why Elected:
Johnson
was a Southern Democrat. Long story short he chose not to succeed with the south as a State Senator. Lincoln chose him as running mate as a demonstration of unity, so Johnson fell into the job of POTUS.

Trump is a big mouth with huge balls. Sometimes BS, often blunt. Clearly an anomaly, with no Govt. experience.

Effectiveness:
Johnson
Too many reasons why Johnson was in over his head. Lincoln chose him for appearances only, though perhaps a demonstration of faith in mankind.

Trump
is a big mouth with huge balls. Sometimes BS, often blunt, and he just plain gets shit done. Little Govt. experience, which has proved inconsequential, if not an improvement.

Cause for Impeachment:
Johnson
showed his true colors as POTUS. All while many Southern Democrats were reinstated into positions of power. Among things along the same tone, Johnson denied blacks civil liberties and citizenship to undercut a Republican Congress and mandate. Things went to shit, and it's easy to understand why. This was the foundation for impeachment, but not the stated "reason" for impeachment. Dollars to donuts Johnson rubbed elbows with those behind Lincoln's assassination.

Trump
is a big mouth with huge balls. Sometimes BS, often blunt and just plain gets shit done. Clearly an anomaly. On the front-end he remains unpopular with the left due to the lingering butt-hurt a woman (Clinton) could be victimized by "grab a pussy". On the back-end Trump is a threat to the establishment, and he hurts their feelings too. This was the foundation for impeachment, but not the stated "reason" for impeachment.

Senate
The Senate narrowly decided Johnson would serve-out his term, which was +- one year. Too many Democrats.

It's easy to recognize a dumbing down and congress with bad intentions, but if Johnson wasn't removed, WTF would you expect Trump to be removed?

Johnson
failed to get the Democrat nomination for a second term. It might appear the Democrats did some wising up. While they failed to remove Johnson, real progress was demonstrated by the Republicans and people.

Trump
is a big mouth with huge balls. Sometimes BS, often blunt and just plain gets shit done. Clearly an anomaly. If the left doesn't wise-up to these Democrats, never mind an effective POTUS then we're in steep decline. I'd like to prefer we've seen actual progress, Trump 2020.
Nice post! I've read that Andrew Johnson was so drunk when he took over as president in the ceremony, he was almost falling over. I don't know whether this is a myth or not, but I do remember reading this somewhere. I'm not sure where.

Johnson was impeached because he was trying to carry out Lincoln's original plan for the South; keep those darkies out of the North and on the plantations and tax the hell out of the cotton.

As for 'being drunk', that was the norm for Americans in that day, with per capita alcohol consumption triple that of Europe. It was an entire nation of drunken violent assholes, not just a few.

I'm waiting for the total price tag for the Russia hoax investigation and this Ukraine phone call hoax and the subsequent impeachment FAIL....how much good could congress have done with all of that time and money?...what a waste...you dems should vote the old lifetime hags out...and dump the AOC types.....they are not serving you well...

Why Elected:
Johnson

Effectiveness:
Johnson

Trump

Cause for Impeachment:
Johnson

Trump

Senate

Johnson

Trump
Nice post! I've read that Andrew Johnson was so drunk when he took over as president in the ceremony, he was almost falling over. I don't know whether this is a myth or not, but I do remember reading this somewhere. I'm not sure where.

From what I read he stumbled all over himself on the day of swearing in. It was Lincoln's second term. Didn't say he was drunk, but he probably was.

If Lincoln had lived, they would have impeached him, too; the irony is he was going to g soft on the South and wanted it back up to speed economically, while the radicals he had to pander to wanted to set themselves up as permanent military governors over the southern states and totally gut its economy. They're the reason why 'Reconstruction' was a miserable failure and blacks ended up way worse off than as slaves, having to compete with white sharecroppers over limited pickings; making them 'equal' to white labor was a step down, not up, a couple of steps down, actually.

If Lincoln had lived, they would have impeached him, too; the irony is he was going to g soft on the South and wanted it back up to speed economically, while the radicals he had to pander to wanted to set themselves up as permanent military governors over the southern states and totally gut its economy. They're the reason why 'Reconstruction' was a miserable failure and blacks ended up way worse off than as slaves, having to compete with white sharecroppers over limited pickings; making them 'equal' to white labor was a step down, not up, a couple of steps down, actually.
The blacks ended up way worse than this? Each post you make is dumber than the last one.

rear-view-of-former-slave-revealing-scars-on-his-back-from-savage-in-picture-id50701784

Forum List

Back