Another Banking Crisis Looms over Greece

They confiscated money from everyone's bank account a while back didn't they? People probably decide to get ahead of it this time. But yes, I remember 10 years ago arguing with libs and them using Greece as the model the US should follow.

They confiscated money from everyone's bank account a while back didn't they? People probably decide to get ahead of it this time. But yes, I remember 10 years ago arguing with libs and them using Greece as the model the US should follow.

I seriously doubt that any liberal has ever used Greece as a "model" that the US should follow.

I seriously doubt that any liberal has ever used Greece as a "model" that the US should follow.
Oh yeah they did. Back in my usenet days. Sorry if it ruffles your feathers.

It doesn't "ruffle my feathers", it simply doesn't make any sense. Greece has never been a good model of anything.

Why would liberals use Greece as a model when there are so many larger and much more successful welfare states in Europe?

The link doesn't support your claims at all.

Where are you getting that number from?
Which numbers? These?
"Updated at 12:05 p.m. ET: Political leaders in Athens were due to discuss an emergency government Wednesday to deal with a possible run on banks as it emerged Greeks withdrew almost $900 million in a single day, fearing their country could crash out of the euro currency by the end of the week."

t doesn't "ruffle my feathers", it simply doesn't make any sense. Greece has never been a good model of anything.

Why would liberals use Greece as a model when there are so many larger and much more successful welfare states in Europe?
You are suggesting that liberals make sense. Education was a big factor as I recall. Cheap to nothing from what I remember. Transportation was another. Which successful model are you talking about?

The link doesn't support your claims at all.

Where are you getting that number from?
Which numbers? These?
"Updated at 12:05 p.m. ET: Political leaders in Athens were due to discuss an emergency government Wednesday to deal with a possible run on banks as it emerged Greeks withdrew almost $900 million in a single day, fearing their country could crash out of the euro currency by the end of the week."

...in May of 2012

Would you care to try again?

It doesn't "ruffle my feathers", it simply doesn't make any sense. Greece has never been a good model of anything.

LOL, you are suggesting that liberals make sense. Education was a big factor as I recall. Cheap to nothing from what I remember. Transportation was another. Which successful model are you talking about?

More successful than Greece?

Any of the Scandinavian countries. Germany.

Even France.

More successful than Greece?

Any of the Scandinavian countries. Germany.

Even France.
Yes, I agree that those are more successful countries. My statement was about how they liked what Greece offered. The argument was not about which European country was the most successful.

All of those countries "offer" larger social welfare states than Greece ever did.

The second link is from 3 years ago when Greece began to collapse.

The first link is about two Greek banks requesting a line of liquidity from the central bank. It also said that 3 billion euros have been withdrawn from Greek banks.

There's not a run on the banks, at least not yet.

I think that was Cyprus.

Forum List

Back