Another Biden convict avoids jail.

More special treatment for the Biden crime family.

OK. You irritated me again. Did a quick search to see what kind of huge fines is took to get her out of spending 3 to 5 days in jail to remind of better behavior, as I have seen locally, though often amounting to nights only and a big fine, and this for people that do not employ and pay high priced lawyers. Fines? What fines? Found the $1,990 fine. Not particularly high even by TN standards and certainly not high enough to teach somebody a lesson. As for the community service, I don't think there will be pictures of Caroline spending Saturdays and Sundays in an orange vest picking up litter on the county roads or interstate.
You are right (again in this case) to point it out, and nothing right wing reactionary about it. Seen wealthy pay out big bucks to get out of stuff, but that was not even the case this time. Political connects appears to be the most likely answer. Neither community, society, or the young Biden girl served in this, meaning we will probably see her again in other trouble.

add to that political connections and wealth are bi-partisan...
Clearly having wealth must be a crime to you.
Clearly you don't read.

Do you think it's ok that the wealthy get lesser penalties than the poor?

DUI is not a serious crime on the first offense.

I have literally had one tossed out on procedural bullshit.

Nothingburger
Was it her first offense? If so, then, I agree, this isn't the big deal it's made out to be.

Nothingburger
Was it her first offense? If so, then, I agree, this isn't the big deal it's made out to be.
I assume so because of her age but honestly don't know.
Either way how many of us have drank and drove?
Not to say it's no big deal because it certainly is but it doesn't rise to the level of political corruption.

Nothingburger
She was on two + controlled substances and crashed her car.....luckily into a tree and not another vehicle.

Nothingburger
Not to say it's no big deal because it certainly is but it doesn't rise to the level of political corruption.

Depends...but generally yes, I agree.

OK. You irritated me again. Did a quick search to see what kind of huge fines is took to get her out of spending 3 to 5 days in jail to remind of better behavior, as I have seen locally, though often amounting to nights only and a big fine, and this for people that do not employ and pay high priced lawyers. Fines? What fines? Found the $1,990 fine. Not particularly high even by TN standards and certainly not high enough to teach somebody a lesson. As for the community service, I don't think there will be pictures of Caroline spending Saturdays and Sundays in an orange vest picking up litter on the county roads or interstate.
You are right (again in this case) to point it out, and nothing right wing reactionary about it. Seen wealthy pay out big bucks to get out of stuff, but that was not even the case this time. Political connects appears to be the most likely answer. Neither community, society, or the young Biden girl served in this, meaning we will probably see her again in other trouble.

Clearly you don't read.

I am well read. And the assumption that the wealthy are all the same is a creation of the left.

Nothingburger
You just proved you didnt bother to even read the link.

Go get educated.

Nothingburger
She was on two + controlled substances and crashed her car.....luckily into a tree and not another vehicle.

Fortunately, which might be, if it was the first time, they handed her the sentence they did. It actually isn't out of line unless this has happened multiple times.

Clearly you don't read.

I am well read. And the assumption that the wealthy are all the same is a creation of the left.

True. It kind of lines up with the rightest assumption that all poor people are the same (i.e. lazy).

Nothingburger

Go get educated.
I didn't read the link because it's not important to me. Young people do stupid shit all the time. There is no need to destroy their lives over it regardless of what "class" she hails from.

Not everything is wrapped up in money and politics. I have done much worse and skated.

You don't seem well-read. She's not saying all wealthy people are the same. She's saying the system generally isn't as harsh on rich people.

Nothingburger

Go get educated.
I didn't read the link because it's not important to me. Young people do stupid shit all the time. There is no need to destroy their lives over it regardless of what "class" she hails from.

Not everything is wrapped up in money and politics. I have done much worse and skated.

But their actions could also just as easily destroy the lives of others in the process. I think the penalty needs to be progressive (ie - first offense vs third offense) but youth alone can't excuse it.

But their actions could also just as easily destroy the lives of others in the process. I think the penalty needs to be progressive (ie - first offense vs third offense) but youth alone can't excuse it.

In Scandinavia they give fines based on your overall wealth. If you're some rich asshole speeding and drinking they might slap you with a $250,000 equivalent fine.

Nothingburger

Go get educated.

Countless kids get busted for driving under the influence EVERY WEEK yet we only hear about the "connected" kids.

Hmmmm

Nothingburger

Go get educated.

Countless kids get busted for driving under the influence EVERY WEEK yet we only hear about the "connected" kids.

Hmmmm
True.

Just to be clear on two counts.

1. That video was just me being a smartass about breaking the quote chain lol

2. I had 5 dwi's before I quit drinking and driving. I never hurt anyone but myself but that isn't the point.
I am not connected and I was NEVER sentenced to jail time as a result. I did have some financially debilitating fines that ran into the tens of thousands and other assortment of punishments but I digress.
Did I get special treatment because I was "connected"?

You don't seem well-read. She's not saying all wealthy people are the same. She's saying the system generally isn't as harsh on rich people.
That's a pretty broad brush the left loves to paint over all rich people.
They've essentially created a stigma of being rich.....except for themselves.
They spend 24/7/365 bitching about the rich not paying enough taxes, yet they never seem to ever turn down a paycheck or refuse to take a tax deduction.
And most of the criminality they've been caught red-handed in (and needing a corrupt media to bail them out of)....is for selling their influence to foreign governments.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. She's a first time offender for DUI. I don't know about the state in which she lives but here in Florida unless there were injuries in the crash there is no jail time and everything else seemed perfectly in line. I don't have enough information to say whether or not the carisoprodol and lorazepam, was an issue, they were in pill bottles so I presume they were her prescriptions.

Yeah, Joe has been running a crime family for many decades, but I don't think he influenced anyone to prevent his niece from serving time in jail.

Forum List

Back