Another boring improvement suggestion

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
But first, let me preface this with an introduction.

I, for one, speak on behalf of much of the memberhship when I extend my gratitude for not censoring users posts, not banning users unless they can't comply with simple, basic, common sense guidelines that everyone who lives in a civilized society are expected to embrace. We, the collective hive, all appreciate this, and hope to produce lots of nectar for thoughtful discussion. Introduction complete.

Can the New Topics and Trending Posts be updated?

New Topics: A chronological listing of all new threads.

Trending Posts: A listing of all threads with new replies, ordered from newest to oldest.

Edit to add: Choosing the New Topics header takes you to a list titled Latest Posts. Can this, instead, take you to the chronological listing of all new threads today?

That's it.
Thank you for taking this matter under consideration.
Cheers. :cheers2:

Last edited:
Unless your device and browser work differently than mine? This is how the site is already organized, is it not?

New Topics: A chronological listing of all new threads.
These appear in chronological order, do they not?
1724781022582.png

Trending Posts: A listing of all threads with new replies, ordered from newest to oldest.

These also appear, newest to oldest, yes?

1724781134781.png

etc. . .

So. . . what precisely do you want changed?

^^^^ That's why I edited my post.

Is it more clear now?
Much. I never knew I could just click the New Topics header and be taken to a page that shows which new threads have the most recent replies. . . I have been looking for that!

Can this, instead, take you to the chronological listing of all new threads today?

I don't agree with the request, but then, I am not on a smart phone. On normal browsers, on the home page, there is already a listing, updated every few seconds, of the most recently made new threads. (As you see from that image I posted in my first post in this thread.) It keeps them in chronological order.

It updates every time you refresh the page.

OTH? That list you linked to? When I am NOT logged in, or, for those who do not have a membership here, that is the list they see.

I always want to post on that list, but as soon as I log in, poof, it disappears. I don't know where to find it. You have solved that for me, the new threads/most active list.

If they were to mess with that, it might also mess with how non-members view the site? I don't think that would be good for marketing IMO.

A chronological listing of New Threads, i.e. New Topics, but not a rundown of threads with the most recent posts.

New Topics does not equal new posts on an old thread.
Yup. We are talking about the same thing.

1724782494916.png

Threads that are updated every 60 seconds based on who just posted to them should be under the heading Trending Posts

Only threads that have been created, ordered chronologically, should be listed under New Topics
I'm not sure what you are getting at. I have posted an image capture of the very thing you want. . .

:dunno:

I understand now, that when you actually CLICK the New Topics word/link, it takes you to a list that re-organizes them by when they were posted on last, but right there on the homepage is the list you desire, ALWAYS, with the ten most recently created threads. . .

Now I do agree, if a thread was created that is more than ten down? Well, we are sort of S.O.L., unless it has been posted in.

under the heading Trending Posts
I don't even see the words "Trending Posts," on my browser.

This confusion is, I am guessing, all having to do with how we access the site.

You are using a smart phone, yes?

I understand now, that when you actually CLICK the New Topics word/link, it takes you to a list that re-organizes them by when they were posted on last, but right there on the homepage is the list you desire, ALWAYS, with the ten most recently created threads. . .
You are still not getting it. That list only lasts on the main page until 10 more new threads are created, whiich means if I want to see what new threads were created 3 hours ago, I can't find them listed, because they are buried behind threads that were just posted in.

I'm glad you are asking these questions, it allows me to better explain what is wrong and how it can be improved.

🍻

Last edited:
yup yup. This is as I thought. You want a chronological list of created threads posted for the day/week/month....

And yeah, that would be super nice. The search function on this site is not the best, and sometimes it is hard to remember the exact wording of threads you might have read if you didn't actually post in them when you read them the first time. Especially if you want to post in them later, if you see or read something that you want to add to them. . . . stories develop over the course of a week or so, and sometimes get much more in depth as more information becomes available.

Sometimes, if I want to go back and find them, my only recourse is to remember who originally created the thread and posted them, and then look at their created content.

. . but if that member happens to have their profile on private? Well, out of luck.

Then, I'll just let it go, and it is the forum that loses out on the posting of more relevant content to that particular thread.

I support having a page index that lists the last weeks created content in chronological order.

Hear Hear!

:113:

Forum List

Back