Another day, another jackass runs for President

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Now it's Cory Booker running for President, another jackass who launched his campaign with a call to legalize marijuana.

Which is just what we need, more people smoking dope and dropping out of society.

Where do all these people come from?

Booker stated he is proud if his little theatrical con in Congress when he declared releasing info might get him censured / indicted but he was willing to do do ' for the people'....when the truth was he already knew the information had been cleared for release.

Classy....he's proud if attempting to dupe the American people.

Then again, what do you expect from a liberal who admits to sexually assaulting a woman and calls himself 'Sparticus'?!

:p

Sparticus was a courageous man who broke the bonds of slavery for himself and thousands of others, and almost overthrew the Roman Empire.

To compare YOURSELF to such a man is the height of hubris!!!

Democrats fail up. A shit mayor that caused a 33% increase in violent crime? Promoted to senator. A shit senator who claims to be Spartacus? Promote him to president.

Doesn’t matter really he won’t win he doesn’t check all the boxes. I’m waiting for the black/female/transvestite//cripple with cancer to show up. There’s your democrat winner.

He's young and attractive, but the country doesn't need theatrics and entertainment right now. Give us a Manchin; put us to sleep for a few years to recover from the shit show we have produced for ourselves.

Meanwhile, Russia has pulled out of the INF treaty too and is installing weapons where it pleases, but "promises" not to use them unless the US uses them first.
LOL

The real damage is being done to the US's standing in the world and our alliances and that is where the danger lies, not in Booker or AOC or Elizabeth Warren. This is a lot of dust in our face to keep us blind to what is really going on.
IMO

from the Atlantic:

He said he was humbled. I pointed out to him that running for president is about the most egotistical thing a person can do—decide that you and only you should be in charge of the country and the world.

He put his head down and laughed, and then, without prompting, looked up and compared himself with Donald Trump.

“What is real strength? Is it bombast? Is it swagger, braggadociousness? Is it strut? No, I think strength is seen in vulnerability. It’s seen in those people who stood before fire hoses and armed troopers unarmed,” Booker said. “I think it’s people who are willing to let the truth be told. We’re all imperfect folks trying to make a better nation, and I look forward to offering up a very strong spirit of love and kindness and grace and decency, along with my policy ideas, and put that before the American public. And I trust and have faith in America, and if that’s not what folks want right now, so be it. But I feel this sense of liberation tonight.”

“I came up through Brick City,” he told me, using the old nickname for Newark. “But we have this, we have this, we have this mistaken sense that being strong is being mean, that being tough is being cruel. It’s just not. Separate those things for a moment. You can be a strong, tough street fighter and still be a person of grace and love and kindness and empathy and vulnerability.”

"Booker said Ronald Reagan was the greatest Republican of the past 50 years because he never took his jacket off in the Oval Office, which isn’t true and is, moreover, a ridiculous reason to rate a president highly."

Now it's Cory Booker running for President, another jackass who launched his campaign with a call to legalize marijuana.

Which is just what we need, more people smoking dope and dropping out of society.

Where do all these people come from?
not sure why you feel those 2 are linked as tightly as you assume. i knew a guy who worked at a high level for a major tech / software company and was pretty much stoned 24x7 and still excelled at his job and being a father/husband.

He's young and attractive, but the country doesn't need theatrics and entertainment right now. Give us a Manchin; put us to sleep for a few years to recover from the shit show we have produced for ourselves.

Meanwhile, Russia has pulled out of the INF treaty too and is installing weapons where it pleases, but "promises" not to use them unless the US uses them first.
LOL

The real damage is being done to the US's standing in the world and our alliances and that is where the danger lies, not in Booker or AOC or Elizabeth Warren. This is a lot of dust in our face to keep us blind to what is really going on.
IMO
we tend to see it from a partisan viewpoint.

*if* russia is a democrat cover / sour grapes, then look what it is doing to our relationship with a difficult country. certainly isn't making it easier. should trump be tougher on them to show he will? should he show restraint as needed in the face of YOU'RE A PUPPET!!!!

i fully agree russia trolled the hell out of us. elections were a part of that. but they didn't vote nor tell people who to vote for. they just got us hating each other. til we understand that, the hate isn't likely to go anywhere. using them to feel better about ourselves has a serious potential penalty attached.

LOL

IMO
we tend to see it from a partisan viewpoint.

*if* russia is a democrat cover / sour grapes, then look what it is doing to our relationship with a difficult country. certainly isn't making it easier. should trump be tougher on them to show he will? should he show restraint as needed in the face of YOU'RE A PUPPET!!!!

i fully agree russia trolled the hell out of us. elections were a part of that. but they didn't vote nor tell people who to vote for. they just got us hating each other. til we understand that, the hate isn't likely to go anywhere. using them to feel better about ourselves has a serious potential penalty attached.
they JUST got us hating each other ????
the hate isn't likely to go anywhere.
I disagree.

"Booker said Ronald Reagan was the greatest Republican of the past 50 years because he never took his jacket off in the Oval Office, which isn’t true and is, moreover, a ridiculous reason to rate a president highly."

There are so many coming out of the woodwork it is understandable to mix them up. It is the Starbucks guy that was so impressed by Reagan's attire. (around the 11:47 mark)

Just was hunting around cause a staunch conservative friend had told me a somewhat similar story about Reagan always entering the Oval Office wearing a jacket out of respect.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back