Another Extended Family In The Making!

Treating wild animals like pets never ends well.

ae2a9837161f5174eccfae925311dc094914aeaa15b11e520e703c00fa185510.jpg

Persistence PAYS OFF(below)!

PAYDAY(below)!!!

Russian family turns injured baby deer into pet

Yoda, a friendly Wild Deer Buck

Horde of deer occupying the road at Nara. å¥è¯å¬åã®é¹¿éãéè·¯ãå é ãã¦æ¶¼ãåã

Dinner with Bambi the Whitetail Deer Fawn (day 31)

We inherited a herd of Columbian Black-Tailed deer down south in Redland Oregon & were with them for two & a half years that we were on that farmstead. We never experienced a problem with them. The ONLY oddball trait we witnessed was with the does, they'd throw their fawns & come back to us minus the fawns. About two weeks latter they would come back in yard with the fawns in tow. They also did this the following year. The first year we arrived the does were with their fawns which were probably about two months old. Our nearest neighbor told us the farmer who sold the farmstead to my oldest sis & her hubby had that herd for a good twenty years, so it was a generational herd for sure.

The area I reside in @ current between Deer Lake & the town of Deer Park appears to have literally hundreds & hundreds of deer on privately owned acreage, posted no hunting. At winter time driving to work I can view the White-Tailed deer literally feeding out of the mangers. I've been in this area since 1977 & have never heard of a tragic incident involving deer/human conflict. One gets out of a deer herd what they put into their deer herd!

Last edited:
Domesticating them is different than treating wild ones as pets.

They're hooved rats as far as I'm concerned.
The deer are not for everyone for sure. The White-Tailed deer on my acreage took out my apple tree & my two pear trees as well. I erected a seven foot tall wire fence around my garden area, but ended up feeding the deer a lot of the produce I grew anyway. If one has deer one can forget decorative flower gardens as they eat the flowers/plants as well. Some folks take it to the extreme with indoor/outdoor deer, as seen below...

exactly ... though many wild animals are cute playing with or petting them could get them too used to humans ... unfortunately its a safe bet those deer would walk right up on a hunter .. nothing against hunting or hunters but a believe the animals that are game animals should behave as such to increase their chance of survival ! and never never pet a fawn and leave human scent on them ! many adult deer will abandon them if they have human scent on them.

exactly ... though many wild animals are cute playing with or petting them could get them too used to humans ... unfortunately its a safe bet those deer would walk right up on a hunter .. nothing against hunting or hunters but a believe the animals that are game animals should behave as such to increase their chance of survival ! and never never pet a fawn and leave human scent on them ! many adult deer will abandon them if they have human scent on them.
It's too late for the deer are already walking up to the deer hunters, even licking the hunters jeans & faces for sodium(salt) as seen below.

"Seen any does bro?

"Hey, how about taking a picture together?!

Deer visually checks out shotgun barrel for contaminants in the bore!

"Do U have any cookies for me?"

"Thanks for the banana!"

Doe checks out guys wedding ring.

Deer Tries To Eat Me

I could keep going but I am running out of space. As one can see the deer/human connection is getting MUCH stronger!

They are road hazards where I live.
Never smacked one, but have avoided some close calls.
They litter the highway shoulders, but the Eagles and crows eat well.
1.9 million animal/vehicle collisions in our USA in the year 2022. 67% of the animals involved in those collisions were deer, probably most of those deer were of the more generic White-Tailed species.

They are road hazards where I live.
Never smacked one, but have avoided some close calls.
They litter the highway shoulders, but the Eagles and crows eat well.
Life In The SLOW Lane!

...4, 3, 2, 1, we have contact, say again we have contact!

I have a deer, named Lady, who comes by every day or every other day, for apples. She comes to my kitchen window to get my attention! We have apple trees on the property but they are not ripe until September.... We probably have 30 white tail that visit every day during apple season.

Lady has two babies every year in June.... She brought her two new fawns yesterday to introduce them! They couldn't be 18 inches off the ground they are so tiny and cute....she won't let them get near the apples yet.... Come september, they will be old enough to eat them for the first time.

Lady has delivered two fawn every June for the past 10 years, but two of those years where she has only had one baby.

Two years ago, she had Rudolph and Clarice....Rudolph is her only buck born to her, all the rest are doe.... Last year she had a special doe, a pie bald deer...we named her Piewackett, it is a brown and white deer that looks like a brown and white Pinto horse....

Piewackett and Clarice are still hanging out with mama Lady and come every day too. I think Clarice might have had a baby as well, she's acting like it.... A nervous wreck, with her ears moving towards any noise she hears in the woods when here eating. Oh that would be neat, if she's a mama now too! Her brother is gone.....Rudolph disappeared at around a year and 3 months, hopefully it was for mating purposes and he wasn't killed in hunting season! :(

I won't know until October or so if Lady's two fawn are male and female or two doe, the two doe is the usual for her. In October is when Rudolph got his little buttons on his head for his rack, starts to show.

I won't name these two new little fawn of Lady's until I know their sex! But I am working on name choices now.... :)

I have a deer, named Lady, who comes by every day or every other day, for apples. She comes to my kitchen window to get my attention! We have apple trees on the property but they are not ripe until September.... We probably have 30 white tail that visit every day during apple season.

Lady has two babies every year in June.... She brought her two new fawns yesterday to introduce them! They couldn't be 18 inches off the ground they are so tiny and cute....she won't let them get near the apples yet.... Come september, they will be old enough to eat them for the first time.

Lady has delivered two fawn every June for the past 10 years, but two of those years where she has only had one baby.

Two years ago, she had Rudolph and Clarice....Rudolph is her only buck born to her, all the rest are doe.... Last year she had a special doe, a pie bald deer...we named her Piewackett, it is a brown and white deer that looks like a brown and white Pinto horse....

Piewackett and Clarice are still hanging out with mama Lady and come every day too. I think Clarice might have had a baby as well, she's acting like it.... A nervous wreck, with her ears moving towards any noise she hears in the woods when here eating. Oh that would be neat, if she's a mama now too! Her brother is gone.....Rudolph disappeared at around a year and 3 months, hopefully it was for mating purposes and he wasn't killed in hunting season! :(

I won't know until October or so if Lady's two fawn are male and female or two doe, the two doe is the usual for her. In October is when Rudolph got his little buttons on his head for his rack, starts to show.

I won't name these two new little fawn of Lady's until I know their sex! But I am working on name choices now.... :)

BITSY! Bitsy if one turns out to be a doe fawn. Later on I added "Baby" as I slowly realized what a prize I had stumbled upon! Bitsy-Baby the doe of does!!!

Generally Maker only allows the young does to throw one fawn per year for the young does 1st & 2nd years, so they can gain experience protecting their fawn(s).

U have to be kidding me a PIE BALD FAWN, LIKE do U have any dreaming idea how rare a pie bald fawn is????? Is Lady a White-Tailed deer, a Columbian Black-Tailed deer, Sitka Black-Tailed deer, or Mule deer???

Below; I could not have resisted. Seriously, I would have done my best to call in momma but no momma shows up I could not have resisted pulling off a fawnnapping. I have zero to less resistance to fawns like they own my mind. I'm every bit as addicted to kid goats as I am to those super precious fawns. To know them is to luv them!

First time does generally have a CHAMBER MAID with them to help out IF needed when the first time doe is throwing her first fawn. @ 11:28 into the vid the chamber doe is visible on the left side of the monitor.

It depends upon Rudolph's age, the momma's run off their sons between 12-15 months of age so they will not interbreed with the herd(deer R not dummies!)

If U have any pics/images that U would like to share with me I would be MOST APPRECIATIVE if you would do that. We have several USMB members that I am sure would appreciate you for sharing your family with us as well!

Below; THOR!

To know them is to luv them!

BITSY! Bitsy if one turns out to be a doe fawn. Later on I added "Baby" as I slowly realized what a prize I had stumbled upon! Bitsy-Baby the doe of does!!!

Generally Maker only allows the young does to throw one fawn per year for the young does 1st & 2nd years, so they can gain experience protecting their fawn(s).

U have to be kidding me a PIE BALD FAWN, LIKE do U have any dreaming idea how rare a pie bald fawn is????? Is Lady a White-Tailed deer, a Columbian Black-Tailed deer, Sitka Black-Tailed deer, or Mule deer???

Below; I could not have resisted. Seriously, I would have done my best to call in momma but no momma shows up I could not have resisted pulling off a fawnnapping. I have zero to less resistance to fawns like they own my mind. I'm every bit as addicted to kid goats as I am to those super precious fawns. To know them is to luv them!

First time does generally have a CHAMBER MAID with them to help out IF needed when the first time doe is throwing her first fawn. @ 11:28 into the vid the chamber doe is visible on the left side of the monitor.

It depends upon Rudolph's age, the momma's run off their sons between 12-15 months of age so they will not interbreed with the herd(deer R not dummies!)

If U have any pics/images that U would like to share with me I would be MOST APPRECIATIVE if you would do that. We have several USMB members that I am sure would appreciate you for sharing your family with us as well!

Below; THOR!

To know them is to luv them!

Yes, I have pics on my phone, but it is charging in the other room where my hubby is sleeping....

I do have some pics posted on this site already, that I can link you to now..... I just need to find them.

Lady is a beautiful, pretty faced, white tail deer....her full name is Lady Batman, she and all her babies have a white silhouette of a bat and wings on their black noses.

Oh thank goodness it was likely Lady that shooed Rudolph away and he wasn't killed! T.Y. for telling me that! HE was such a good boy! He watched over Piewackett when Lady was not around and hung out with his baby sister Pie, and twin, Clarice..... I do hope no Hunter kills Piewackett as a trophy kill! Only 1% of white tail are Piebald, she is a special rarity.....the Native Indian tribe here, (Penobscot indian) believe it is good fortune to spot a Piebald!! And I have one living here, so I am dwelling in good fortune! :lol:

I really do think Clarice had a fawn this year, she's 2 years old now. I think her mom.... Lady.... might have been her chambermaid and still is teaching her the ropes? Haven't seen it yet though! Saw Lady's two, for the first time yesterday!

Let me go look for any pics I've posted here..... Brb.

Forum List

Back