Another person claiming animals are the same as people

Actually kid wolves terrorize and eat animals, so do lions tigers and bears. You do agree that God made those creatures right?

Again your argument that God demands that only certain creatures avoid meat is goofy like you

Made by God, the first slaughterhouse
1d1b21f0207e3a6d1c3bc4977c4eaa9d.jpg

That's not the way it was in the beginning. Not according to the bible. The world began to change after the fall, and then it kept going downhill from there. AGAIN, I don't expect you to believe that, since you're not a Christian.
LOL do tell us why God made this if he did not want his work eating meat

1d1b21f0207e3a6d1c3bc4977c4eaa9d.jpg

01crimeblottertiger.ngsversion.1455913084903.jpg

Again your argument that God demands that only certain creatures avoid meat is goofy like you
Sure you want to run with that idea? LOTS of creatures don't eat meat. Humans were not made that way.

You are struggling to excuse a behavior you have the power to change -- so much like the abortionists! "It's not human!" "It doesn't feel pain!" "An animal is no different than a plant." "Humans are not animals" "Humans are just the same as animals"

Sure you want to run with that idea? LOTS of creatures don't eat meat. Humans were not made that way.

You are struggling to excuse a behavior you have the power to change -- so much like the abortionists! "It's not human!" "It doesn't feel pain!" "An animal is no different than a plant." "Humans are not animals" "Humans are just the same as animals"
The only one struggling here are the pansies like you

I do not think eating animals violates live and let live.

With all due respect, that sounds like doublespeak. Unlike carnivorous animals, we have a choice. We don't HAVE TO eat flesh. The main reasons people do it are: tradition, habit and simply because they want to, for temporary palate pleasure.

So because we have a choice, when one chooses to take the life of another needlessly, that DOES go against the principle of live and let live.

We are granted a conscience and free will to choose.

True, but why cause unnecessary harm and suffering?

Within that is a lot of latitude. Every creature has a place and a purpose and I do not believe we were placed above them but alongside.

So if you consider animals to be your equal...then why not treat them the way you would want to be treated?

Would you like to be put in a cage, exploited for your body, stabbed in the throat, have your limbs cut off while you're still conscious, then hung upside-down to bleed to death? If you wouldn't want someone to do that to you, why do that to the animals who you say are alongside you?

The idea that we must stop eating meat is basically unscientific and foolish. We are Omnivores and depend on meat for many of our essential ingredients to survive, vegans and vegetarians must take special care and must do specific things to make up for the lose of meat in their diet. I agree we should not abuse animals but yes we should eat meat and that means harvesting animals. I also agree that we should use them in scientific processes for OUR benefit.

The claim it is morally wrong to kill animals is foolish short sighted and I believe IGNORANT. Every animal that is a meat eater KILLS other animals. And failure to control population would result in massive deaths due to starvation of animals and ruination of Human crops.
Vegetarians are vegetable killers anyway, they just refuse to see the truth

Yeah, because a carrot is just like a pig who is as smart or SMARTER than your dog, and has the cognitive abilities of a 3 year old child.

But I'm pretty sure you were joking and not using that as an argument.

Pigs can speak, do math, and talk! Wow. Let's hear them!

Pigs don't have to do any of those things, they are still sentient being who can think, feel, and they are just as smart or even smarter than your dog.

The point, which you either ignored or didn't grasp, was that they are not the same as a carrot, which does not have a brain or the ability to feel pain and suffer.

Don't tell me you're another one who is equating a vegetable with sentient, intelligent animals?
So you know for a fact plants don't feel?

Plants don't have a brain or a central nervous system. But we are not talking about a house plant. We are talking about plant-based FOOD that God created for us to eat. God created foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, etc. for the specific purpose of being food.

So do you really think a good God would create an apple or banana that is designed to be food with the ability to feel pain? Yes or no?
He specifically made animals as food too.

The idea that we must stop eating meat is basically unscientific and foolish. We are Omnivores and depend on meat for many of our essential ingredients to survive, vegans and vegetarians must take special care and must do specific things to make up for the lose of meat in their diet. I agree we should not abuse animals but yes we should eat meat and that means harvesting animals. I also agree that we should use them in scientific processes for OUR benefit.

The claim it is morally wrong to kill animals is foolish short sighted and I believe IGNORANT. Every animal that is a meat eater KILLS other animals. And failure to control population would result in massive deaths due to starvation of animals and ruination of Human crops.

Yeah, because a carrot is just like a pig who is as smart or SMARTER than your dog, and has the cognitive abilities of a 3 year old child.

Pigs don't have to do any of those things, they are still sentient being who can think, feel, and they are just as smart or even smarter than your dog.

The point, which you either ignored or didn't grasp, was that they are not the same as a carrot, which does not have a brain or the ability to feel pain and suffer.

Don't tell me you're another one who is equating a vegetable with sentient, intelligent animals?

Plants don't have a brain or a central nervous system. But we are not talking about a house plant. We are talking about plant-based FOOD that God created for us to eat. God created foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, etc. for the specific purpose of being food.

So do you really think a good God would create an apple or banana that is designed to be food with the ability to feel pain? Yes or no?
God also made the animals with teeth designed to rip meat as well. This clown has no clue

With all due respect, that sounds like doublespeak. Unlike carnivorous animals, we have a choice. We don't HAVE TO eat flesh. The main reasons people do it are: tradition, habit and simply because they want to, for temporary palate pleasure.

So because we have a choice, when one chooses to take the life of another needlessly, that DOES go against the principle of live and let live.

Within that is a lot of latitude. Every creature has a place and a purpose and I do not believe we were placed above them but alongside.

So if you consider animals to be your equal...then why not treat them the way you would want to be treated?

Would you like to be put in a cage, exploited for your body, stabbed in the throat, have your limbs cut off while you're still conscious, then hung upside-down to bleed to death? If you wouldn't want someone to do that to you, why do that to the animals who you say are alongside you?

I think you missed what I said in my first post in this thread.

He wants to tell us all how to live our lives, first they take meat then freedom

No, He did not. Read Genesis 1 and 2. It is very clear that in the beginning God created both humans AND animals to be herbivores and there was peace and harmony in the pre-fall world.

Also, In Genesis 2, it is clear that they were not created for the purpose of being food. Flesh eating didn't even begin until many centuries later.

But even if we were to set aside the Bible for the moment and just look at this logically, answer this question please. Do you believe a good and loving God would create animals with the ability to enjoy life, experience various feelings, form families and friendships, feel pain and suffering and fear… if they were meant to be food?

In other words, if God were to design food, do you really believe a good and perfect God would design food with the ability to feel terror and fear and pain and suffering? Yes or no?

He wants to tell us all how to live our lives, first they take meat then freedom
I think we could do with less meat and more compassionate treatment of the animals under our care. But we aren’t herbivores and to be healthy vegan requires a good bit of knowledge and access to the right foods and supplements.

No, He did not. Read Genesis 1 and 2. It is very clear that in the beginning God created both humans AND animals to be herbivores and there was peace and harmony in the pre-fall world.

Also, In Genesis 2, it is clear that they were not created for the purpose of being food. Flesh eating didn't even begin until many centuries later.

But even if we were to set aside the Bible for the moment and just look at this logically, answer this question please. Do you believe a good and loving God would create animals with the ability to enjoy life, experience various feelings, form families and friendships, feel pain and suffering and fear… if they were meant to be food?

In other words, if God were to design food, do you really believe a good and perfect God would design food with the ability to feel terror and fear and pain and suffering? Yes or no?
And yet thousands of Carnivore animals exist. Where did they come from?

God also made the animals with teeth designed to rip meat as well. This clown has no clue

No, we already went over this numerous times. And since you're not a Christian, you really shouldn't be trying to argue this from a Christian perspective. You clearly don't understand any of it.

But go ahead and argue it from your secular evolutionary perspective if you want.

So in your demented world God did not create lions and tigers. Kid you are literally rewriting the bible to fit your schizzo ideas

You either believe that God created animals with jaws clearly designed to rip flesh apart or he did not.

I doubt if you can even see how crazy you are

I think we could do with less meat and more compassionate treatment of the animals under our care. But we aren’t herbivores and to be healthy vegan requires a good bit of knowledge and access to the right foods and supplements.
Since there were no supplements for 99.999 percent if humanity all nutrients came from nature.

The world changed after the fall. Everything became more and more violent. There is also a very controversial part of this that I rarely bring up, but it has to do with what the bible briefly talks about in Genesis 6 and that is also written about in extra-biblical texts, like the book of Enoch and others. But I think that would be "too much" for most here, since it's even controversial among Christians.

Since there were no supplements for 99.999 percent if humanity all nutrients came from nature.
And that is why we are omnivores...

No, we already went over this numerous times. And since you're not a Christian, you really shouldn't be trying to argue this from a Christian perspective. You clearly don't understand any of it.

But go ahead and argue it from your secular evolutionary perspective if you want.
How did you determine my faith?

I can quote more of the bible from memory than you can schizzo away any day

So in your demented world God did not create lions and tigers. Kid you are literally rewriting the bible to fit your schizzo ideas

You either believe that God created animals with jaws clearly designed to rip flesh apart or he did not.

I doubt if you can even see how crazy you are

Ok, now it's starting to become clear that you are simply dishonest. I am NOT re-writing the bible. All the points I made about the pre-fall world and the original intent are clear in scripture, they are right there in black and white, if you were to take a few minutes to read it.

So, if you are going to be dishonest, I no longer want to discuss this or anything with you. Thanks.

The world changed after the fall. Everything became more and more violent. There is also a very controversial part of this that I rarely bring up, but it has to do with what the bible briefly talks about in Genesis 6 and that is also written about in extra-biblical texts, like the book of Enoch and others. But I think that would be "too much" for most here, since it's even controversial among Christians.
Did God make everything or not? And if yes then in fact he made carnivores to eat other animals which of course makes sense since nature is a balancing act of what eats what.

Forum List

Back