Another quake. Checked bath tub .. water in it. Looks like a wave tank in a Lab.

Procrustes Stretched

This place is nothing without the membership.
Dec 1, 2008
Just now

August 6 earthquake.jpg

Rooting for the earthquake again. Go earthquake, daddy needs that beachfront resort in Kingman.

Seriously.....take care D.
Not too bad. Feels like last one I posted about. But when sitting down at the puter and a shake comes, it's disorientating as if blood pressure or vertigo spiking.

I was almost ready to get in the tub (after a few posts) ... would've been interesting.

LOL

August 6 earthquake too too.jpg

Last edited:

Find out if your home or office building is at risk in an earthquake​

Search this Southern California map of condo, apartment and office buildings that may still need a seismic retrofit, and learn more about each city’s earthquake ordinances.​

Updated August 2, 2024

Wish there was some rhyme or reason in regards to these things.
Just take care
Yeah, I know. I may laugh, but I never takes things that nature throws our way too lightly.

Not too alarmed, or concerned tonight as I'm ready to get into my wave/tub. LOL One day. One day I'll be in the tub when a quake presents itself. I'm up a few floors on a hill.

I was in Fortuna in 2008-2009. Where I was at I was on top of the mountain and could see the river and a portion of the beach. An earthquake hit while I was sitting in the sunroom on a couch on a tile floor. It bounced the couch, with me and a friend on it, right through the glass and out onto the patio. We both got cut up a bit. Then it shook again, and I could see the river come out of its banks and over the trail that is on top of the levee. It looked like the river ran backwards for awhile. Then the water ran back into the river, and it was over. Later we went down to the brewpub and even though there was broken stuff around, and the water had clearly come through there, everyone acted like it was all just a normal day.

I was in Fortuna in 2008-2009. Where I was at I was on top of the mountain and could see the river and a portion of the beach. An earthquake hit while I was sitting in the sunroom on a couch on a tile floor. It bounced the couch, with me and a friend on it, right through the glass and out onto the patio. We both got cut up a bit. Then it shook again, and I could see the river come out of its banks and over the trail that is on top of the levee. It looked like the river ran backwards for awhile. Then the water ran back into the river, and it was over. Later we went down to the brewpub and even though there was broken stuff around, and the water had clearly come through there, everyone acted like it was all just a normal day.
Not really funny, but funny. I know people who never took quakes too seriously until their homes got shook off the foundations.

Your story is interesting. Where we are and what we are doing when a quake strikes.

My third floor hotel room started bouncing then rocking.

Gets a little scary as you are not sure if the amplitude is going to grow.

My Long Beach apt when I first came out west -- ceiling was rolling. Building on what they call rollers. Me on first floor heard and felt the snap and shit LOL

Didn't know what it was until it was over.

Not too bad. Feels like last one I posted about. But when sitting down at the puter and a shake comes, it's disorientating as if blood pressure or vertigo spiking.

I was almost ready to get in the tub (after a few posts) ... would've been interesting.

LOL

View attachment 991394

San Andreas fault is due for a big one.

Forum List

Back