🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

another reason that teacher unions are failing our students

Tell you what? Why don't more CONSERVATIVES get into the teaching profession?
It seems you have a problem with education because it is dominated by LIBERALS. Why is there no preponderance of conservatives in education instead of a preponderance of LIBERALS?
Perhaps it's the long hours, low pay and dismal social status that drives conservatives away from the teaching profession?
Perhaps it that, like cops and firefighters, some people are instinctively drawn to work that benefits their communitites more than it enriches them personally.

Ask yourself why there aren't more conservatives in the education game, before you eschew the people who show up and do the fricking job day in and day out while little jerks like you whine about them getting some JOB PROTECTION. And why do they need job protection? Oh, from people like you who constantly attack the profession.

Don't like the Liberal bias in education? Sign up to be a teacher.
Don't whine about it. That makes as much sense for a LIBERAL to whine about the conservative bias in the insurance industry.

Why dont Conservatives take those jobs you ask? It's simple really,we dont need a union to protect our jobs. We do it the old fashioned way....we work hard and become an asset to the company we work for instead of a millstone.
Leave it to a lib to take the easy way out.

Sooo......it's your contention that there are NO Conservative teachers in the teacher Unions? :confused:

Are you willing to stand by that or do you want to change your statement?

And where did I say there are no conservatives in teaching?
While my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek(but there is some truth in it)
What conservative in there right mind would want to work in an atmosphere like that?
Surrounded by a bunch of left wing kooks would hardly be my dream job.
Whatever that job may be...

How is it fair to those who pay and join that the ones that DON'T pay reap the benefit of their contract negotiations?

Actually, I believe that those who don't want to join a union shouldn't have to...but then they negotiate their own contracts, and do not get the benefit of any union perks such as retirement planning, life insurance, medical benefits, legal protection. Let them handle it on their own. Fine with me.

That's exactly what happens in right-to-work states.

How is it fair to those who pay and join that the ones that DON'T pay reap the benefit of their contract negotiations?

Actually, I believe that those who don't want to join a union shouldn't have to...but then they negotiate their own contracts, and do not get the benefit of any union perks such as retirement planning, life insurance, medical benefits, legal protection. Let them handle it on their own. Fine with me.

That's exactly what happens in right-to-work states.

And how do they rank in education? Tell us.

Did you know in most Pro union states you are pretty much forced to join the union. I mean you dont have to participate but you still have to pay the dues.. Which I think its criminal.

IF my children were just starting out in school I would put them in private school or home school. NO WAY I would put them in public schools these days. The schools have gone down hill in the past 20 years

And you don't even know why they do that, do you?

Fine...don't join the union AND negotiate your own contract. Don't suck off the union's negotiations.

You are an IDIOT.. They dont even give the teachers a choice not to join. You pay no matter what.. HOw is that fair.

No....YOU'RE the idiot.

Illinois is not a RTW state and teachers are not required to join a union.

By law, a teacher's union cannot force teachers to join. It is a voluntary organization.

Teacher Union Requirements - Are Teachers Required to Join a Teacher Union

Why dont Conservatives take those jobs you ask? It's simple really,we dont need a union to protect our jobs. We do it the old fashioned way....we work hard and become an asset to the company we work for instead of a millstone.
Leave it to a lib to take the easy way out.

Sooo......it's your contention that there are NO Conservative teachers in the teacher Unions? :confused:

While my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek(but there is some truth in it)What conservative in there right mind would want to work in an atmosphere like that?

Ok...so you "somewhat" stand by it.

That only shows how little you know about teachers, unions and the atmosphere they work in.

And you don't even know why they do that, do you?

Fine...don't join the union AND negotiate your own contract. Don't suck off the union's negotiations.

You are an IDIOT.. They dont even give the teachers a choice not to join. You pay no matter what.. HOw is that fair.

No....YOU'RE the idiot.

By law, a teacher's union cannot force teachers to join. It is a voluntary organization.

But they are required to pay the dues
:cuckoo:

you really hate kids huh?

I love kids .. That is why I am fighting for them to get a good education and not a half ass one with union teachers who do not do their jobs because they have no fear of losing their jobs

But, I do hate you:lol:

If they are allowed to opt out of paying the dues do they have to forgo the benifits and pay scale the union negociated for the union members?

If they are allowed to opt out of paying the dues do they have to forgo the benifits and pay scale the union negociated for the union members?

I think teachers should get paid on their merit. Not weather or not a union says.. Today it doesnt matter if you suck at teaching as long as your in a union you have a job. NOT ANY OTHER profession is like this..

No....YOU'RE the idiot.

They are GETTING a SERVICE for those dues...legal protection, negotiated contracts, discounts on insurance, vacations, etc.

Here in CA, if you do not want to join the union, you don't have to....you pay a smaller dues for the lawyer protection, negotiation benefits, etc. My brother is a teacher here and was union rep for a while....he tells of a teacher here who hated the union, didn't join, bitched about paying the reduced dues.......but was always the FIRST to bitch about pay and "why isn't the union asking for more"...was the FIRST to need legal advice because he had a bad habit of pushing students...and was the most high maintenance teacher he represented. He was eventually forced to retire because of his behavior towards kids.

I think teachers should get paid on their merit. Not weather or not a union says.. Today it doesnt matter if you suck at teaching as long as your in a union you have a job. NOT ANY OTHER profession is like this..

Teachers didn't do their job with you?

BTW....where did you learn that union members can't lose their job? You were misinformed.

No....YOU'RE the idiot.

They are GETTING a SERVICE for those dues...legal protection, negotiated contracts, discounts on insurance, vacations, etc.

Here in CA, if you do not want to join the union, you don't have to....you pay a smaller dues for the lawyer protection, negotiation benefits, etc. My brother is a teacher here and was union rep for a while....he tells of a teacher here who hated the union, didn't join, bitched about paying the reduced dues.......but was always the FIRST to bitch about pay and "why isn't the union asking for more"...was the FIRST to need legal advice because he had a bad habit of pushing students...and was the most high maintenance teacher he represented. He was eventually forced to retire because of his behavior towards kids.

Why cant the individual person negotiate their own benefits and not pay ANY DUES ..

That is NOT an answer to what I asked.

if they OPT OUT of paying the union dues do they have to accept lower pay and benifits?

Teachers didn't do their job with you?

BTW....where did you learn that union members can't lose their job? You were misinformed.

Hey, they can be fired but most schools dont fire them because they know the unions will tie them up in court and it will cost US taxpayers more then it will if they kept the teachers.:cuckoo:

Why cant the individual person negotiate their own benefits and not pay ANY DUES ..

Because NO one would be willing to teach for what they would be paid.

ONLY people who did it out of love of teaching would be there.

How many people do you know who dont have to work to support themselves would be willing to get degrees and teach for next to nothing?

if they OPT OUT of paying the union dues do they have to accept lower pay and benifits?

Please answer my civil question?

What part of LET THEM negotiate themselves dont you understand. Why do you have to have a union to do that for you. If you do a good job you will be rewarded for that job. My husband works for a non union . Only been at this company for 6 months but because he does his job well he already got a bonus and a raise . While others who have been there for years got very little raise and NO bonus because they slack off at work

What criteria would be used? Who would be the decider? :confused:

Give me an example of how your "merit system" would be set up.....

While my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek(but there is some truth in it)What conservative in there right mind would want to work in an atmosphere like that?

Ok...so you "somewhat" stand by it.

That only shows how little you know about teachers, unions and the atmosphere they work in.

So you're a teacher? And you dont need to be a teacher to see the fruit cake shit they pull,all you have to do is read about it.
And I know plenty about union's. I've seen the crap they pull as well.

Forum List

Back