Another Slave-type Situation in Ohio

Mertex

Cat Lady =^..^=
Apr 27, 2013
What is wrong with some people? Keeping a mother and her child enslaved, forcing the mother to do their dirty work and treating them both worse than animals?

I wonder why S.E. didn't call police when she walked to the store to do their shopping? Seems like she could have requested help at that time, but maybe they had her so scared, threatening her child?

CNN) -- It's a horrifying case that officials described as heinous and troubling.
Three suspects were arrested Tuesday and accused of forced labor for allegedly holding a woman and her daughter captive for more than a year in Ashland, Ohio.
A federal prosecutor described it as modern-day slavery.
An FBI agent's affidavit filed in an Ohio federal court this week provided details about some of accusations that suspects Jordie Callahan, Jessica Hunt and Daniel Brown are facing. Attorneys for Hunt and Brown could not be immediately reached for comment. An attorney for Callahan told CNN affiliate WOIO that the accusations are ludicrous. And Callahan's mother told CNN that the accusations are false.
Here are several excerpts from Special Agent Michael S. Sirohman's affidavit, which identifies the mother as "S.E." and calls her 6-year-old daughter "juvenile victim:"
-- "S.E. advised law enforcement that Hunt and Callahan made S.E. care for their iguanas and numerous pit bulls, clean the house, do laundry, do yard work, and walk to the store to do their shopping."

Court document reveals horrifying details of Ohio captivity case - CNN.com

There are too many loopholes in this one. I will wait to see what else comes of this case after further investigation.

There are too many loopholes in this one. I will wait to see what else comes of this case after further investigation.

It will be interesting to see what develops. Although there was that other case, also in Ohio, where several women were kept for years.......not really hard to believe that it happens.

They made her do this stuff? How did they "make" her do it. I mean, in this case the woman was able to leave the house and go shopping on her own unlike that other case where the three women were kept locked in the house.

I suppose she couldn't take her child with her and was afraid they'd hurt her kid if she went to the police. But still, you'd think she could have figured something out.

And how did she finally "escape"? Maybe some of those witnesses that are mentioned in the article went to the police?

I noticed that when the reporter in the video asked the U.S. Attorney, how did they come to be held captive and what were their living conditions like, he quickly started talking about the living conditions and never did answer the question about how they came to be held captive, which makes me wonder.

There was mention of a physical disability for the mother? Wonder what that is.

Last edited:
They made her do this stuff? How did they "make" her do it. I mean, in this case the woman was able to leave the house and go shopping on her own unlike that other case where the three women were kept locked in the house.

But she had a daughter, and they may have threatened to harm the daughter if she talked to police. Who knows, I've heard that people that are held captive often become so manipulated they don't try to escape their captors. We'll have to see how it was they were able to keep her for 2 years!

According to neighbors and the mother of one of the accused, the woman had relations with one of the guys or something....and it's all bullshit on the womans part of the story. And the woman is supposedly mentally unstable as well. Or rather, semi mentally disabled in some fashion. Not enough details for me to make judgement. If the 3 are quilty...they should be punished. If they are not, that woman needs to be in a place where she can get mental health help, and the child put with a family that will take care of her.

But none of us will know because the media does like to bend the truth as we all know, and people do have agendas. The detectives will have their work cut out for them.

Forum List

Back