Another Totally Unpredictable Shocker

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
That Didn’t Take Long: U.S. To Allow Syria To Miss First Deadline…

Syrian+President+Bashar+Assad-550x365.jpg

And then the second, third, fourth, fifth etc.

Via LA Times:

The ambitious U.S.-Russian deal to eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons, hailed as a diplomatic breakthrough just days ago, hit its first delay Wednesday with indications that the Syrian government will not submit an inventory of its toxic stockpiles and facilities to international inspectors by this weekend’s deadline.

The State Department signaled that it would not insist that Syrian President Bashar Assad produce the list Saturday, the end of a seven-day period spelled out in the framework deal that Washington and Moscow announced last weekend in Geneva.

Marie Harf, a State Department spokeswoman, said Wednesday that “our goal is to see forward momentum” by Saturday, not the full list. “We’ve never said it was a hard and fast deadline.”

It wasn’t clear whether Syrian officials needed more time to complete a formal declaration of their chemical arms, or whether the disarmament deal itself was in trouble.

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

I mean, besides everybody..... Who could have seen this coming? :lmao:

The deadlines were so unrealistic. The disposal of these chemical weapons has to be done properly and with great care.

It's not like you can flush this shit down a toilet.

The deadlines were so unrealistic. The disposal of these chemical weapons has to be done properly and with great care.

So you think this is actually going to happen. That's sweet. Here's my long distance dedication to you. Don't Stop Believin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be delays, equivocations, haggling, UN inspectors blocked from sites, and all that comes with this sort of thing.

Another totally predictable outcome is the retards missing the forest for the trees, hooting and hollering over every temporary setback, as we see in this topic. Their tiny brains will shut out the fact that any removal of chemical weapons from Syria as a result of these efforts will be a huge step forward.

Last edited:
There will be delays, equivocations, haggling, UN inspectors blocked from sites, and all that comes with this sort of thing.

Another totally predictable outcome is the retards missing the forest for the trees, hooting and hollering over every temporary setback, as we see in this topic. Their tiny brains will shut out the fact that any removal of chemical weapons from Syria as a result of these efforts will be a huge step forward.

Thank God Putin came along.

Putin knows there is nothing he can do to stop us from bombing Syria, so he played the hand he was dealt, and it is working to our benefit.

He gets to look like a diplomat while we hold a big stick over Syria.

Via LA Times:

The ambitious U.S.-Russian deal to eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons, hailed as a diplomatic breakthrough just days ago, hit its first delay Wednesday with indications that the Syrian government will not submit an inventory of its toxic stockpiles and facilities to international inspectors by this weekend’s deadline.

The State Department signaled that it would not insist that Syrian President Bashar Assad produce the list Saturday, the end of a seven-day period spelled out in the framework deal that Washington and Moscow announced last weekend in Geneva.

Marie Harf, a State Department spokeswoman, said Wednesday that “our goal is to see forward momentum” by Saturday, not the full list. “We’ve never said it was a hard and fast deadline.”

It wasn’t clear whether Syrian officials needed more time to complete a formal declaration of their chemical arms, or whether the disarmament deal itself was in trouble.

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

Really I just wanted to bomb Syria a bit and back off. Doubt the slap on the wrist would have accomplished more but it would have made me feel good.

Are you in this same camp? As I, do you feel this congress also ended up being a bunch of enabling weak turds who have made us look weak?

Since and before Reagan the President has had the power to declare wars on small nations. Do you also agree with me Obama was either (1) being too conservative thinking he needed congressional approval or (2) Obama is using this as a chance to laugh at Republicans who oretend to care about the Constitution and limits to Presidential war powers by making congress look indecissive?

Given all the flack Obama received who can blame him for saving face and letting the UN type Russian idea float.

Son-of-a-bitch.

Unbelievable.

Well this is what you do:

Get all the warmongers together. Arm yourselves to the teeth. Fly to Damascus. Join the "rebels". Send us post cards.

Esther La Vista , dude.

Putin knows there is nothing he can do to stop us from bombing Syria, so he played the hand he was dealt, and it is working to our benefit.

He snatched that plan right out of Kerry's mouth and before they knew what hit them, the planned attack was halted indefinitely.

Via LA Times:

Who would of thunk?

What a circus. America has never, ever had a more inept, incompetent POTUS

Obama can kiss my ass

-Geaux

So you think this is actually going to happen. That's sweet. Here's my long distance dedication to you. Don't Stop Believin'.

Dude, Your avatar has me thinking I was watching King Kong. Is that the Ebonic Queen?

-Geaux

Last edited by a moderator:

n

There's nothing he can do to stop us from bombing Syria in the same way there's no way to stop a two year old from throwing a tantrum. There was no interest in bombing Syria before. If obama should do it now there would be more serious world sanctions against us. The stick is gone. It's been whittled away. Bombing now would be more of an act of war than bombing then.

I liked seeing Putin rub obama's nose in his own shit. We would have absolutely deserved whatever retaliation we would have gotten.

n

There's nothing he can do to stop us from bombing Syria in the same way there's no way to stop a two year old from throwing a tantrum. There was no interest in bombing Syria before. If obama should do it now there would be more serious world sanctions against us. The stick is gone. It's been whittled away. Bombing now would be more of an act of war than bombing then.

I liked seeing Putin rub obama's nose in his own shit. We would have absolutely deserved whatever retaliation we would have gotten.

Its because Obummer is so weak he couldn't whip his way out of a wet paper sack

-Geaux

n

Now hold on a minute---Obama has reserved the right to bomb the hell outta them anytime he feels like it.

:lmao:

Just saw on Hannity a good phrase

Obama is willing to negotiate with Putin over Syria, but not Congress over Obamacare

LMAO

-Geaux

n

There's nothing he can do to stop us from bombing Syria in the same way there's no way to stop a two year old from throwing a tantrum. There was no interest in bombing Syria before. If obama should do it now there would be more serious world sanctions against us.

Nope. Desperate wishful thinking on your part.

I liked seeing Putin rub obama's nose in his own shit.
:lol:

You are about the biggest rube on this forum.

Via LA Times:

I want you to take this benchmark you are setting, and I want you to apply it retroactively to every President who has dealt with issues like this.

Then you will find your partisan yardstick is about three feet up your ass.

Forum List

Back