Anthem Blue Cross raises premiums 39%

In truth insurance companies are the ultimate way of avoiding personal responsibility for ones actions and lives.

Right...so it's your own fault your kids have Downe's Syndrome.....what the fuck kind of thinking is this....or are you a proponent of eugenics?

It is the responsibility of the parents that had that child.
Yeah life sucks sometimes, but who said it was fair?

but then to support tort reform and then those parents find out it was a medicine or food additive that caused the retardation...

Tort reform would decrease things by 1%. Oh and by they way, tort reform is already in the health care bill. Yet you and your side will still say no of course.

have tort reform in your bill.....

Oh, you already have it....well we still don't like it. So no.

Idiots.

Other successful countries spend half of what we do per person on medical, and provide better coverage.

Your right...it's called government subsidized medicine which means HIGHER TAXES for everyone and if their care is so great...why do they all come to America for their medical needs? :lol:

Ask Murtha....

Oh and lets not forget, you can come here and get whatever you want if you can afford it....

Wow...I had no idea Murtha was from another country...that explains his traitorous actions in Congress then doesn't it.

Your right...it's called government subsidized medicine which means HIGHER TAXES for everyone and if their care is so great...why do they all come to America for their medical needs? :lol:

Ask Murtha....

Oh and lets not forget, you can come here and get whatever you want if you can afford it....

Wow...I had no idea Murtha was from another country...that explains his traitorous actions in Congress then doesn't it.

you totally missed my point..You said people come here from other countries because our health care is so damn good....

Medical Alerts: Murtha's Death a Surgical Mistake

\http://abcnews.go.com/WN/medical-alerts-murthas-death-surgical-mistake-broken-heart/story?id=9787211

Its a shame and the funny thing is, people on the right still say he was wrong for speaking out against the iraq war. That is amazing to me. HE WAS 100% CORRECT.

Ask Murtha....

you totally missed my point..You said people come here from other countries because our health care is so damn good....

\http://abcnews.go.com/WN/medical-alerts-murthas-death-surgical-mistake-broken-heart/story?id=9787211

Its a shame and the funny thing is, people on the right still say he was wrong for speaking out against the iraq war. That is amazing to me. HE WAS 100% CORRECT.

I could care less he spoke out against the war...but calling Marines cold blooded murderers without factual evidence is traitorous in my book.

Anthem Blue Cross customers got a shock this week when the health insurer informed thousands of individual policyholders that their premium rates will jump as much as 39 percent on March 1.

"There aren't any other parts of our society where people have no regard for inflation rate and increase their prices this much. I can't imagine anything in the world that's going up 39 percent," said Josh Libresco, 54, of San Rafael, as he grappled with the news that his family premium will go from $858 per month to $1,192 - and that's with a $5,000 deductible.

Anthem Blue Cross raises premiums

Yep--I called Anthem because our insurance was going to jump up to over $1000 per month. I listened to a 10 minute recorded apology from Anthem--with their reason as stated that there are so many new prescription drugs on the market now-a-days--things like for "restless leg syndrome"--that have driving up their costs.

It's outrageous the cost of medical insurance in this country--BUT I don't believe the federal government could handle it any better--in fact a take over by the government would only make it much worse.

If State government would get off of it's ass--they could handle these problems. For instance--I don't know why Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield ownes the state of Colorado?

In that, with no competition--they can charge anything they want to & get away with it.

Right...so it's your own fault your kids have Downe's Syndrome.....what the fuck kind of thinking is this....or are you a proponent of eugenics?

but then to support tort reform and then those parents find out it was a medicine or food additive that caused the retardation...

Tort reform would decrease things by 1%. Oh and by they way, tort reform is already in the health care bill. Yet you and your side will still say no of course.

Idiots.

Tort reform IS NOT in Obama's health care bill. Where do you get this crap from? You don't know how much it would save. But, I know because my daughter is a part-time nurse practitioner working with infants--& the medical agency she works for pays $3000.00per month for her mal-practice insurance alone. Now you add all the pediatricians up that work in her office & you come up with a tremendous wad of money each year--that could lower the doctor's cost which they could pass onto us--the consumer.

If you let small business people group together so they can get the same rates for their employees that large corporations get--you would take millions of the uninsured into the insured column.

If they would let interstate competition between insurers come into play--it would also lower rates.

NOPE--this congress & administration set out to take over the health care industry & it severely back-fired on them.

They didn't agree to anything that would actually reduce costs.

It pays for itself.

I have this bridge in Brooklyn......:lol:

Do you admit you've never even read the plan for the public option?

I have read the public option & I've also read you're ridiculous unfounded comments.

1. No--The majority of Americans DO NOT WANT THE PUBLIC OPTION. In fact a whopping 57% of the population do not want it. Did you not see what happened in Mass. a few weeks ago? HELLO.

2. Who pays for it? You have not answered that question--well--Da--Duh--Da--Duh--Da--Duh---YOU DO. And if you don't you will be fined by the federal government, insuring that you will pay for it. That's what it says in the bill.

In truth insurance companies are the ultimate way of avoiding personal responsibility for ones actions and lives.

You squirmy little pissant...don't try to weasel out of what you said with this bullshit excuse for your stupidity....
did I say it was their fault? Well they did cause the pregnancy didn't they?
So is it my fault they had a retarded child?
Perhaps it is Gods fault and they should take it up with him?
I have sympathy for them but it IS their responsibility.

Uhhhhhh.....yeah......you did say it was their fault.

So what say you Himmler....ship them off to the camps right? Then "delouse" them? That should take care of their having a baby that doesn't meet your standards of perfection. Right?
You sick fuck!!!!!

Have a nice day :D

Let me get this straight, 60% of Americans support the public option, Obama wants a single payer system, but the public option was ousted early on.........:cuckoo:

The public option was passed by the House.

Correct and the majority of American people showed their venom for it when that happened.......
Most support public option for health insurance, poll finds - washingtonpost.com

Public option gains support
CLEAR MAJORITY NOW BACKS PLAN
Americans still divided on overall packages

By Dan Balz and Jon Cohen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows that support for a government-run health-care plan to compete with private insurers has rebounded from its summertime lows and wins clear majority support from the public.

Americans remain sharply divided about the overall packages moving closer to votes in Congress and President Obama's leadership on the issue, reflecting the partisan battle that has raged for months over the administration's top legislative priority. But sizable majorities back two key and controversial provisions: both the so-called public option and a new mandate that would require all Americans to carry health insurance.

Independents and senior citizens, two groups crucial to the debate, have warmed to the idea of a public option, and are particularly supportive if it would be administered by the states and limited to those without access to affordable private coverage.

57 percent of all Americans now favor a public insurance option, while 40 percent oppose it.

Last edited:

I could care less he spoke out against the war...but calling Marines cold blooded murderers without factual evidence is traitorous in my book.

A video provided to Reuters in March by Hamourabi, a human rights group, shows covered bodies, which Hamourabi says are of 15 civilians shot to death by Marines in Haditha in November.

One young Iraqi girl said the Marines killed six members of her family, including her parents. “The Americans came into the room where my father was praying,” she said, “and shot him.”

Lawmaker: Marines deliberately killed Iraqis - Conflict in Iraq- msnbc.com

They were cold blooded murderers. And Murtha was a real soldier who called it like he saw it. (He has better insight to these things than most in here).

Idiots.

Tort reform IS NOT in Obama's health care bill. Where do you get this crap from? You don't know how much it would save. But, I know because my daughter is a part-time nurse practitioner working with infants--& the medical agency she works for pays $3000.00per month for her mal-practice insurance alone. Now you add all the pediatricians up that work in her office & you come up with a tremendous wad of money each year--that could lower the doctor's cost which they could pass onto us--the consumer.

If you let small business people group together so they can get the same rates for their employees that large corporations get--you would take millions of the uninsured into the insured column.

If they would let interstate competition between insurers come into play--it would also lower rates.

NOPE--this congress & administration set out to take over the health care industry & it severely back-fired on them.

They didn't agree to anything that would actually reduce costs.

Tort Reform Unlikely to Cut Health Care Costs :clap2:
Tort Reform Unlikely to Cut Health Care Costs The Washington Independent

A video provided to Reuters in March by Hamourabi, a human rights group, shows covered bodies, which Hamourabi says are of 15 civilians shot to death by Marines in Haditha in November.

One young Iraqi girl said the Marines killed six members of her family, including her parents. “The Americans came into the room where my father was praying,” she said, “and shot him.”

Lawmaker: Marines deliberately killed Iraqis - Conflict in Iraq- msnbc.com

They were cold blooded murderers. And Murtha was a real soldier who called it like he saw it. (He has better insight to these things than most in here).

So what? Where is the proof that's been vetted in a court of law?

Forum List

Back