Anthony Bourdain, CNN host and celebrity chef, dead at 61

Bourdain was a pioneer and an original who carved out a whole new genre of travel related shows, He was a genius who artistically transported the viewer to whatever location in the world he was in at the time. His shows were both very entertaining and informative, and he often portrayed a whole different culture or perspective on people, that most viewers had no knowledge existed.

He was truly irreplaceable with his own unique adventurous personality and sense of humor, and one of the few if not the only show I would try to catch on CNN.

I am sure that will be missed by many, all across the world. Rest in peace.

Last edited:
Middle East cuisine is an oxymoron you moron. Biff, what was your username before you got banned you ridiculous buffoon! :p Please introduce facts or the mods will reclass to one of the dozens of other forums nobody visits.

5 hours later and your thread is still a dud -- some may say it is even more dead than Bourdain

Does that give you the "sads" ???

Mm, he always came off as arrogant and snooty. Like his shit diddnt stink. I guess it did.

A defense mechanism IMO. I never took him to actually believe this, he was fighting his demons, clearly. Maybe it's my experience dealing with the insane, but he was fighting his addictions and just went through a divorce, he tried to fight what was going on inside him by being externally "tough". In my eyes, he wasn't, he was fragile.

That’s the thing about people at the top. Like that fashion lady who opted out last week or so. I guess when you are “famous” there just isn’t anyone who can relate so they kill them selves.

Two celebrity suicides by hanging in one week?......Damn you Putin!!!!!!

Eh. He was Anti White,Anti Trump and Anti American. Good riddance. Funny thing is his girlfriend says Weinstein raped her,Weinstein is good friends with the Clintons.....sooooo makes ya wonder if he had HELP in his "suicide"

Eh. He was Anti White,Anti Trump and Anti American. Good riddance. Funny thing is his girlfriend says Weinstein raped her,Weinstein is good friends with the Clintons.....sooooo makes ya wonder if he had HELP in his "suicide"

^What truly lost looks like.

He was a former heroin junkie...perhaps he relapsed.
He did relapse.
He proudly went back to smoking on his shows.
He was a dry junkie........until recently.
He started 'chipping'. His film crew knew about it and did fuck all. They never mentioned it to the brass at CNN.
Sad man. Didn’t agree with him politically but respected his fight fight from the lower strata of society. I was not born with privilege and fought for everything I have...contrary to liberal media bullshit. I always felt he had the best gig in the world. Travel, good food, fine wine...damn...so freakin sad.

My first question with suicides these days is always the same. What prescription meds was he on? Sounds like Kate Spade was on both antideppresents and anti anxiety meds at THE SAME TIME.

Someday we need to understand that these things can, and often do, make problems in the brain worse, not better.

Possibly, however they were most likely already diagnosed with depression and therefore prescribed the medication. In other words they were already candidates for suicide, I'm not so sure whether they were on medication or not is necessarily damning for those medications.

Read the link. Of course they would have had to have been diagnosed, but as the links indicate, the medication increases the risk of suicide and Violent behavior by 50% over Placebo. And at the same time, Placebo (sugar pills) are nearly as effective as the very dangerous prescription meds.

My first question with suicides these days is always the same. What prescription meds was he on? Sounds like Kate Spade was on both antideppresents and anti anxiety meds at THE SAME TIME.

Someday we need to understand that these things can, and often do, make problems in the brain worse, not better.

Possibly, however they were most likely already diagnosed with depression and therefore prescribed the medication. In other words they were already candidates for suicide, I'm not so sure whether they were on medication or not is necessarily damning for those medications.

Read the link. Of course they would have had to have been diagnosed, but as the links indicate, the medication increases the risk of suicide and Violent behavior by 50% over Placebo. And at the same time, Placebo (sugar pills) are nearly as effective as the very dangerous prescription meds.

I don't doubt your link, at least not until I see it. Maybe you posted it already but I'm not finding it above.

I also don't doubt that some medications in some people can make them more suicidal. However there are millions who are on anti-depressants now who wouldn't be able to function without them.

I don't usually like to talk about my personal life however there was a time when I was on sertraline, I had developed generalized anxiety disorder, mostly from not dealing with my own depression and at that moment in time, I needed an anti-depressant and I can say that it indeed saved my life just so I could just get through the day and cognizant enough that I could undergo some pretty painful therapy without falling apart.

Due to some..*ahem* unfortunate yet well known side effects of the drug I ultimately decided to go off of it after a couple years, however I have to say that while on it I was at my best emotionally. I'm still OK, however it takes a little work to stay balanced. Anyway, in the end it was a personal choice that had more to do with physical side effects than anything else.

Like I said, I usually don't get into my own personal life however I think it's important for those who do suffer from depression to talk about their experiences including the medications they have taken whether that experience was positive or negative. I find that for me sertraline was not a wonder drug though it did help and so also not really the boogeyman that people who have never taken the medication think it is.
Thanks for your openness guy. My medicine has always been alcohol...has not worked well on some occasions...but I find beer and wine suites me fine. No vodka, whiskey or gin. Screw that stuff.

I liked his show and could imagine he was fun to drink with.
He lived a hard life when he was young and apparently must still have had issues. Sad.
RIP.

He committed suicide my ass. He was happy had a nine year old little girl. ....... DUMBED DOWNS haven't a clue what goes on in their bigger gov. love affair esp. when you can trace everything leading back to the same pos losers Clintons, Obamas, WEINSTEIN.............. all in bed with one another.

The dumb fks , have no clue how he was about to go public with information that would have SLAMMED the above mention scum bags. He was taken out zombies. ........ There are ties to Elon Musk who he was going to get on board with as well The ELITES DO NOT WANT certain things public.

They also know sheep are so gawd dam stupid they will tell them anything and they will believe it so in turn stupid asses keep the " ewww it's a conspiracy" mind set because that's what idiots do when they allow the MSM and shadow Gov control their thinking.

He just days ago told Elon Musk how happy he was... So yeah suicide my dam ass

I find it very strange he would do this in the middle of filming for his show, happy with his girlfriend, being a dad to an 11 year old. Very strange. And very suspicious.

I find it very strange he would do this in the middle of filming for his show, happy with his girlfriend, being a dad to an 11 year old. Very strange.

I hear 9 yr olds. and just married too. .

Its so easy to just off someone...then tie a rope around his neck and attach it to a doorknob.
Yes, I find it suspicious.

I don't doubt your link, at least not until I see it. Maybe you posted it already but I'm not finding it above.

I also don't doubt that some medications in some people can make them more suicidal. However there are millions who are on anti-depressants now who wouldn't be able to function without them.

I don't usually like to talk about my personal life however there was a time when I was on sertraline, I had developed generalized anxiety disorder, mostly from not dealing with my own depression and at that moment in time, I needed an anti-depressant and I can say that it indeed saved my life just so I could just get through the day and cognizant enough that I could undergo some pretty painful therapy without falling apart.

Due to some..*ahem* unfortunate yet well known side effects of the drug I ultimately decided to go off of it after a couple years, however I have to say that while on it I was at my best emotionally. I'm still OK, however it takes a little work to stay balanced. Anyway, in the end it was a personal choice that had more to do with physical side effects than anything else.

Like I said, I usually don't get into my own personal life however I think it's important for those who do suffer from depression to talk about their experiences including the medications they have taken whether that experience was positive or negative. I find that for me sertraline was not a wonder drug though it did help and so also not really the boogeyman that people who have never taken the medication think it is.
Thanks for your openness guy. My medicine has always been alcohol...has not worked well on some occasions...but I find beer and wine suites me fine. No vodka, whiskey or gin. Screw that stuff.

I used to medicate with alcohol, probably a lot of the reason that put in trouble to begin with, I'd mask my own feelings with it. I took a break for a while and now just drink socially. But, yeah, alcohol was a contributing factor to my own depression.

I used to medicate with alcohol, probably a lot of the reason that put in trouble to begin with, I'd mask my own feelings with it. I took a break for a while and now just drink socially. But, yeah, alcohol was a contributing factor to my own depression.

Good for you!

I also think a lot of deaths that are applicable with antidepressants are caused when they mix, even a little alcohol while on them.

Forum List

Back