Antioxidant powerhouses you can easily add to your diet

buttercup

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2010
First of all, why care about antioxidants? Here's a very short explanation:

"Antioxidants are molecules that can help your body fight off harmful free radicals, which have been linked to health conditions like diabetes and cancer." (source)​

That said, take a minute to watch this short video. Like she said, you've probably already heard about certain foods that are high in antioxidants, but what people may not realize is that you can easily add them to your diet in a different way.

(shoot, the reel is not embedding, so I'll attach it instead...but unfortunately it's going to show up in a smaller frame)

Last edited:
I’m allergic to basil. I had some on the pizza once and I ended up with a lip that looked like a roll of pennies. I wonder if dried basil would do the same thing?

Just out of curiosity, what good does Anti Oxidants do? I”m surrounded by health resources here but I never really look too deep into them.

Every day is a cup of blueberries and a handful of walnuts into the blender, the health benefits are just an added bonus.

When I have oatmeal for breakfast, I always add blueberries (or other berries) and chopped walnuts… but as she said in the video, you can get antioxidants from spices and herbs in high concentrations. Which makes me want to use more herbs when I cook.

I’m allergic to basil. I had some on the pizza once and I ended up with a lip that looked like a roll of pennies. I wonder if dried basil would do the same thing?

Just out of curiosity, what good does Anti Oxidants do? I”m surrounded by health resources here but I never really look too deep into them.

I don't know if dried basil would be different... but there are other herbs that are very high in antioxidants, like oregano.

And I'm not an expert, but from what I've read, antioxidants protect cells from damage caused by free radicals... and free radicals can lead to all sorts of disease.

Here's an article that goes into it in more detail:

The prowl the body looking for free radicals (caused by oxidation, hence the name) in your cells, that may eventually cause tumors. Your cellular health is fortified by ingesting them.

The rule is, eat like early man did, avoid anything that is highly palatable (processed) and is often defined as man made shit that is a combination/mixture of sugar and salt, which is not a natural combination in anything found in nature.

"Antioxidants are molecules that can help your body fight off harmful free radicals, which have been linked to health conditions like diabetes and cancer." (source)​

That said, take a minute to watch this short video. Like she said, you've probably already heard about certain foods that are high in antioxidants, but what people may not realize is that you can easily add them to your diet in a different way.

(shoot, the reel is not embedding, so I'll attach it instead...but unfortunately it's going to show up in a smaller frame)

View attachment 939822
okay, just dont mix them with banana if you want the health benefit.

The prowl the body looking for free radicals (caused by oxidation, hence the name) in your cells, that may eventually cause tumors. Your cellular health is fortified by ingesting them.

The rule is, eat like early man did, avoid anything that is highly palatable (processed) and is often defined as man made shit that is a combination/mixture of sugar and salt, which is not a natural combination in anything found in nature.
Not to cheapen the good advice you just gave me (if this cheapens it) but Rob Lowe said the same thing. It made sense both times.

okay, i should have replied to odanny's post.
I avoid bananas and melons (canteloupe variety) although bananas are not as bad as some fruits, those with the super high concentrations of sugar are not necessarily healthy, and only add more sugar to people who already have too much sugar in their bloodstream. Give your pancreas a break, and a good way to do that is thru fasting periodically.

When I have oatmeal for breakfast, I always add blueberries (or other berries) and chopped walnuts… but as she said in the video, you can get antioxidants from spices and herbs in high concentrations. Which makes me want to use more herbs when I cook.

Come on! you know the free radicals are just going to take the herb and smoke it !

View attachment 939822
I eat a bowl of strawberries/blueberries every day (about a cup) because of their anti-cancer properties. Also turmeric in my pasta sauce and "eggs". These foods have so many health benefits far beyond the macronutrients most people concern themselves with

Probably Blueberries top fruit and Broccoli top vegetable

But to simplify the chain , take NAC which breaks down into Glutothione which is "pure "anti oxidant .
Or, Glutothione direct .

And a hundred times more important if you have been jabbed .

I have just returned from Google, having read about the pros and cons of bananas.

Other members (and guests) might benefit from doing so, too.

Best of health to everyone.

Good health is truly the most important thing in life.

I have just returned from Google, having read about the pros and cons of bananas.

Other members (and guests) might benefit from doing so, too.

Best of health to everyone.

Good health is truly the most important thing in life.
Am not aware of any negatives from eating one or two Bananas a day -- which I do because I love the fruit .

Many big plusses .Thank goodness because I love the taste -- green tinge , yellow or spotted yellow and brown/ black .

Probably Blueberries top fruit and Broccoli top vegetable

But to simplify the chain , take NAC which breaks down into Glutothione which is "pure "anti oxidant .
Or, Glutothione direct .

And a hundred times more important if you have been jabbed .

It kind of sounds like you guys didn't watch the video. :) She brings up berries only to show that they are actually on the lower scale of antioxidants... so my point of posting this was to show that there are some surprising places where you can get antioxidants. I would've said what it is in the OP, but I wanted people to actually watch the video, cause she explains it so well.

I eat a bowl of strawberries/blueberries every day (about a cup) because of their anti-cancer properties. Also turmeric in my pasta sauce and "eggs". These foods have so many health benefits far beyond the macronutrients most people concern themselves with

I eat a lot of the foods that are known for having anti-cancer properties, but I don't do it on purpose.... just because I happen to actually like those foods… things like broccoli, berries, spinach salad, etc.

Speaking of turmeric...I haven't had tofu scramble in a while so now I want to have tofu scramble for breakfast today because I always add turmeric to it, to give it the yellow color. I never thought of adding it to pasta sauce, I'll try that, thanks.

I eat a lot of the foods that are known for having anti-cancer properties, but I don't do it on purpose.... just because I happen to actually like those foods… things like broccoli, berries, spinach salad, etc.

Speaking of turmeric...I haven't had tofu scramble in a while so now I want to have tofu scramble for breakfast today because I always add turmeric to it, to give it the yellow color. I never thought of adding it to pasta sauce, I'll try that, thanks.
You're supposed to eat turmeric with black pepper or fats (oils) to reap the full benefit. Both go well with it anyway.

Forum List

Back