Any rocket scientists out there?

Read about an interesting idea for interstellar space travel. I'm just wondering if it would work, assuming we had the technology to build it.

The concept is pretty simple. The ship taps into a high energy universe to get the required energy to produce a black hole in front of the ship. The gravity from the black hole pulls the ship forward. Since the ship is constantly projecting the black hole at a certain distance from the ship, it maintains its distance while continuing to pull the ship forward. Could this conceivably work?

Well. Let me put it this way. If you could generate the kind of energy that would be required to generate a black hole you wouldn't need the ship in the first place.
Not True. If I'm gonna go galavantin around the galaxy, I'm gonna need a sweet looking ride. With a nice flame paint job on it.

Man, you think small. Just sayin. I would have a asteroid as my ship. It would be nicely decked out with all sorts of party accessories!
Ever try painting an asteroid? Didnt think so.

Read about an interesting idea for interstellar space travel. I'm just wondering if it would work, assuming we had the technology to build it.

The concept is pretty simple. The ship taps into a high energy universe to get the required energy to produce a black hole in front of the ship. The gravity from the black hole pulls the ship forward. Since the ship is constantly projecting the black hole at a certain distance from the ship, it maintains its distance while continuing to pull the ship forward. Could this conceivably work?

Well. Let me put it this way. If you could generate the kind of energy that would be required to generate a black hole you wouldn't need the ship in the first place.
Not True. If I'm gonna go galavantin around the galaxy, I'm gonna need a sweet looking ride. With a nice flame paint job on it.

Man, you think small. Just sayin. I would have a asteroid as my ship. It would be nicely decked out with all sorts of party accessories!

Dude, you need to develop an imagination! With the ability to generate that sort of power you can have your asteroid assume any shape you want, and change color at will!

Dude, you need to develop an imagination! With the ability to generate that sort of power you can have your asteroid assume any shape you want, and change color at will!
Well. In that case, I can create a really snazzy asteroid that has a high tech security system that shoots pesky mods with clown faces, that ruin my fantasies. :)

Well. In that case, I can create a really snazzy asteroid that has a high tech security system that shoots pesky mods with clown faces, that ruin my fantasies. :)

:Boom2: Beat yaa to it!

My ship is coated with impervium. You're little pop gun is useless. BWAHAHAHA!

My ship is coated with impervium. You're little pop gun is useless. BWAHAHAHA!
Gee. This thread sure took an unexpected turn.

Forum List

Back