Anyone ever had appendicitis?

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
I am in a hosptial and they jus did a CAT scan and told me I have it.
They want to rip it out as soon as the surgeon arrives (bit of a rural hospital)...a few hours. I thought for certain I was just being a baby - that there was no way it was my appendix. But no - that’s what it is.

Anyone had the surgery before? I am not overly worried about it - frankly, I just want it done so I can go home (I hate hospitals).

Last edited:
Even though I think you're a parasite that should have been aborted....

It's a routine surgery, it's not that bad. My father in law had it done at 70 and was back on his feet quickly.

He lives in the Philippines too, so I'd be confident even if you're in a hospital in NYC or Taxachusettes.

Hope you get well quick so I can continue to mock you dipshit.

They want to rip it out as soon as the surgeon arrives (bit of a rural hospital)...a few hours. I thought for certain I was just being a baby - that there was no way it was my appendix. But no - that’s what it is.

Anyone had the surgery before? I am not overly worried about it - frankly, I just want it done so I can go home (I hate hospitals).
That is how I got the news after reporting to the hospital and to rush them along I told them I had chest pain..really gets you in there post haste..They went through the belly button so get ready to have a "freak" navel...

I had mine 40 years ago, you will be very sore afterwards, but it is a routine easy surgery that doctors do. I stayed in the Hospital for three days after the surgery.

If it ruptured is would be far worse...……………….

P.S.

Stay away from the colored Jello!!!

It's a routine surgery, it's not that bad. My father in law had it done at 70 and was back on his feet quickly.

He lives in the Philippines too, so I'd be confident even if you're in a hospital in NYC or Taxachusettes.

Got any salt for the wound?

It's a common surgery but if you're appendix has become inflamed, it could rupture and lead to a body-wide infection called peritonitis. Peritonitis is deadly, very painfully slow.

Get the surgery.

It's a common surgery but if you're appendix has become inflamed, it could rupture and lead to a body-wide infection called peritonitis. Peritonitis is deadly, very painfully slow.

Get the surgery.
They'll be slicing him like bread in no time..

I'd fly to the Philippines.
In TGS you might wind up as Mrs. Rocket if the paper work get's messed up. The pre-op shave is the same.
Nah. It's probably laparoscopic these years. Should be a piece of cake.

I was at sea when a member of the crew got peritonitis from a ruptured appendix. It took two weeks to get from our patrol station to a place where they could take him off the boat to get him to a hospital.

Our doc couldn't do the surgery, but was able to keep him alive by draining puss and saline drip. He went from 190 pounds to 95 in that time. He was black, but the day they took him off, his skin was white. He was as close to death as a person could get without coins on his eyes.

He was flown to a hospital in Spain and survived. Spent nearly a year in rehab rebuilding muscle tissue.

Why would I give a shit about the taste of the wound?

If it were someone like deanturd I'd have recommended they ignore the advice, go home with some whiskey and ambien and "sleep it off".

The rest of us will be fine in the morning.

I was at sea when a member of the crew got peritonitis from a ruptured appendix. It took two weeks to get from our patrol station to a place where they could take him off the boat to get him to a hospital.

Our doc couldn't do the surgery, but was able to keep him alive by draining puss and saline drip. He went from 190 pounds to 95 in that time. He was black, but the day they took him off, his skin was white. He was as close to death as a person could get without coins on his eyes.

He was flown to a hospital in Spain and survived. Spent nearly a year in rehab rebuilding muscle tissue.

Dayum in all the old war movies a medic or cook on a sub could do an appendectomy with a couple of sharpened spoons while submerged at 2 or 3 hundred feet and under a depth charge attack. Has the Navy gone wussy on us?

Why would I give a shit about the taste of the wound?

If it were someone like deanturd I'd have recommended they ignore the advice, go home with some whiskey and ambien and "sleep it off".

The rest of us will be fine in the morning.

:aug08_031::21:

Don't worry about it. They do that kind of stuff all the time, and they know what they are doing. It's not like they will wake you up half way through to help them. You'll go to sleep and wake up after it's done.

Dayum in all the old war movies a medic or cook on a sub could do an appendectomy with a couple of sharpened spoons while submerged at 2 or 3 hundred feet and under a depth charge attack. Has the Navy gone wussy on us?

Our doc was a Navy Corpsman, years of combat experience in Viet Nam. He had twice as many ribbons on his chest as our Captain. But, at the end of the day, you can't do surgery with a spoon and sewing kit.

What he did do was way cooler.

Don't worry about it. They do that kind of stuff all the time, and they know what they are doing. It's not like they will wake you up half way through to help them. You'll go to sleep and wake up after it's done.
Yeah cause they watch the instruction video while they are passed out.

The operation is done by a Docbot so chances are he won't be interrupted by the sweat meat nurse next to him...

Our doc was a Navy Corpsman, years of combat experience in Viet Nam. He had twice as many ribbons on his chest as our Captain. But, at the end of the day, you can't do surgery with a spoon and sewing kit.

What he did do was way cooler.
At Walter Reed you prayed you'd make it through a tonsillectomy..Mostly we tried to just stay away chances of living was much better..

I feel much better now [emoji1781].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are also the sort of movies where they shoot the appendix out of the torpedo tube and sink the sub ferrying hitler to Argentina.

I feel much better now [emoji1781].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The moral of the story ... have the surgery.

Forum List

Back