Anyone ever had appendicitis?

Even though I think you're a parasite that should have been aborted....

It's a routine surgery, it's not that bad. My father in law had it done at 70 and was back on his feet quickly.

He lives in the Philippines too, so I'd be confident even if you're in a hospital in NYC or Taxachusettes.

Hope you get well quick so I can continue to mock you dipshit.

LOL...thanks.
I am actually in CANADA. My mother was Canadian so I come and go up here from time to time. This happened to me when I was visiting.
Getting a taste of ‘Medicare for All’.
At least it’s all free.

I am in a hosptial and they jus did a CAT scan and told me I have it.
They want to rip it out as soon as the surgeon arrives (bit of a rural hospital)...a few hours. I thought for certain I was just being a baby - that there was no way it was my appendix. But no - that’s what it is.

Anyone had the surgery before? I am not overly worried about it - frankly, I just want it done so I can go home (I hate hospitals).

Tell your nurse you appreciate what she has done to help you. She rarely hears that, and it will make her day. After that, she'll probably make sure you get fresh coffee, and the pudding won't be that left over crap from yesterday that has skin on top of it.
Agreed. Oh I am kissing their asses big time. Trying to be as polite as possible and complimenting them left and right.

They want to rip it out as soon as the surgeon arrives (bit of a rural hospital)...a few hours. I thought for certain I was just being a baby - that there was no way it was my appendix. But no - that’s what it is.

Anyone had the surgery before? I am not overly worried about it - frankly, I just want it done so I can go home (I hate hospitals).

They took mine out at twelve. Dont be a pussy and you'll do fine.
It ain't shit compared to the hip replacement the cancer surgery or the back surgery I've been through.
Rest easy,it ain't shit.

It ain't shit compared to the hip replacement the cancer surgery or the back surgery I've been through.
Rest easy,it ain't shit.

Thanks. Yup it was done in no time.

Thanks everyone for the posts...I appreciate it.

Even if we have political differences and rip each other...we are all people.

Thanks again.

Rest easy,it ain't shit.

I'll never forget the friend of the family bringing me an Aggie joke book!!!!
I cussed him for years!!!

That is how I got the news after reporting to the hospital and to rush them along I told them I had chest pain..really gets you in there post haste..They went through the belly button so get ready to have a "freak" navel...
That was really smart of you with the chest pain thing.
Yeah, that’s the one I wanted because apparently you recover from it faster. But this hospital is out in the boonies and the doctor did not have the experience with it - so they just cut me open. Drag.
Next time, I’ll just drive to the city hospital for surgery.
Did they give you a CT scan to confirm what it was?
yes they did cat scan me and told me it was appendicitis and I was dehydrated from working in dat hot sun.

I bet it went well. It’s a pretty simple thing. Good deal they caught it. The after part was worse for me. You forget you had surgery and lift shit and it hurts.

That is how I got the news after reporting to the hospital and to rush them along I told them I had chest pain..really gets you in there post haste..They went through the belly button so get ready to have a "freak" navel...
Yeah, that’s the one I wanted because apparently you recover from it faster. But this hospital is out in the boonies and the doctor did not have the experience with it - so they just cut me open. Drag.
yes they did cat scan me and told me it was appendicitis and I was dehydrated from working in dat hot sun.

Honkys ain’t made for the sun son.

I ask because I wanted to find out if that is normal because I REALLY did not want to do it because one stomach/groin cat scan is equal to about 400-500 chest x-rays.

What are the Radiation Risks from CT?

Needless to say, I did not want to do it unless it was absolutely necessary.
But the doctor convinced me that she thought I had too many symptoms to ignore it...so I did it and sure enough...I had an inflamed appendix.

You might not believe how many doctors - the x-ray person told me this - have NO IDEA how much radiation is in a CT scan and how they often over-prescribe it ‘just in case’.

Last edited:

Rest easy,it ain't shit.

LOL - yeah, I won’t be watching any really funny comedies for a while.

Tell your nurse you appreciate what she has done to help you. She rarely hears that, and it will make her day. After that, she'll probably make sure you get fresh coffee, and the pudding won't be that left over crap from yesterday that has skin on top of it.
Agreed. Oh I am kissing their asses big time. Trying to be as polite as possible and complimenting them left and right.

That doesn't mean you have to put up with poor nursing. If something ain't right, tell them about it.

Rest easy,it ain't shit.

Have ya heard the one about the Mexican girl and the donkey?

It's a routine surgery, it's not that bad. My father in law had it done at 70 and was back on his feet quickly.

He lives in the Philippines too, so I'd be confident even if you're in a hospital in NYC or Taxachusettes.

LOL...thanks.
I am actually in CANADA. My mother was Canadian so I come and go up here from time to time. This happened to me when I was visiting.
At least it’s all free.

Absolutely nothing is free!

Mine was in 1966. It was a mess, all my fault. I was 22, I had procrastinated for about a year. I would work through the pain, make an appointment to see the doctor. Then they used your blood count and the pain from pressing in the area. By the time I got in to see the doctor, white blood cell count was normal and no pain.

One day at work, we were having coffee before the store opened and I was in excruciating pain. I drove (stupidly) to the closest doctor I knew. They took me to the hospital. A simple operation turned into a 4-hour operation. From the repeated flare-ups, adhesions had attached to a bunch of my intestines which needed to be removed. I still have about a six-inch scar.

Good, you didn't wait!

The pain wasn't too bad. It was much worse from some broken ribs I got racing motorcycles.

Last edited:
Mine was in 1966. It was a mess, all my fault. I was 22, I had procrastinated for about a year. I would work through the pain, make an appointment to see the doctor. Then they used your blood count and the pain from pressing in the area. By the time I got in to see the doctor, white blood cell count was normal and no pain.

One day at work, we were having coffee before the store opened and I was in excruciating pain. I drove (stupidly) to the closest doctor I knew. They took me to the hospital. A simple operation turned into a 4-hour operation. From the repeated flare-ups, adhesions had attached to a bunch of my intestines which needed to be removed. I still have about a six-inch scar.

Good, you didn't wait!

The pain wasn't too bad. It was much worse from some broken ribs I got racing motorcycles.

Mine happened when I was 11....
Told my mom I wasnt feeling good before school and she figured I was trying to get out of going. A few hours later the school called and told her something was up.
Just missed the blow out by a few hours.....

LOL...thanks.
At least it’s all free.

Absolutely nothing is free!
Were you paid for that post?

Rest easy,it ain't shit.

Have ya heard the one about the Mexican girl and the donkey?

No...and I don’t want to.

LOL

Forum List

Back