Anyone See Greg Alman Od On Stage In Concert

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
Anyone here happen to be in Atlanta at Fulton County Stadium in mid 1970s 'Georgia Jam' when Greg Alman passed out on stage from overdose. I googled it but nothing on it.

Most Allman Bro fans wouldn't remember it if they were there.

I was there and I saw it, plus when they lifted him off stage and there performance was cancelled, they played some of the ugliest bluegrass type music I've ever heard, and the medical tents were full of fans overdosing from the music.
Not me I never did drugs, but I was drinking Boones Farm Strawberry Hill wine.
I was just wondering how they covered such an event up.

I was there and I saw it, plus when they lifted him off stage and there performance was cancelled, they played some of the ugliest bluegrass type music I've ever heard, and the medical tents were full of fans overdosing from the music.
boones farm?.....:puke:

We used to chug a bottle of Boone's Farm for a buzz. Cheap, and better tasting than beer on a Saturday night.

We used to chug a bottle of Boone's Farm for a buzz. Cheap, and better tasting than beer on a Saturday night.

Yes, and from what I heard; the hippies said it went better with weed. I had a lot of hippie friends and family members back in the 60s-70s. So did my husband who had 7 kids while we were married, and we had 3, ya know,free sex,' if it feels good do it',etc,etc,.Haha.
"It was the best of times and the worst of times".

1974? At that one both him and Dickie were throwing up on stage. Three songs and gregg had his head on the keyboard. A lot of us got sick at that show from bad mushrooms.
The "ugly bluegrass" was grinderswitch , if I remember.

So you were there too, yes I think it was 1974.
Once they stopped the bluegrass, Marshall Tucker came on and played "Can't You See' to calm everyone down. There were 5 famous bands, ZZ Tops, I think Lynyerd Skynyrd?

Yep, also Atlanta rhythm section and some of goose Creek symphony played with grinderswitch.
Being from Atlanta I saw Atlanta Rhythm Section several times, mostly at that park that I forgot the name of, [I'm old]. It was on North Ave, down from The Varsity.
We had all kinds of bands visiting Atlanta. Are you from there too?

Being from Atlanta I saw Atlanta Rhythm Section several times, mostly at that park that I forgot the name of, [I'm old]. It was on North Ave, down from The Varsity.
We had all kinds of bands visiting Atlanta. Are you from there too?
No, I grew up near Asheville NC. But back then I had family in Atlanta and spent a fair amount of time there. I saw several concerts in Atlanta.

No, I grew up near Asheville NC. But back then I had family in Atlanta and spent a fair amount of time there. I saw several concerts in Atlanta.

Ashville was a beautiful place .I only visited it once in the 90s.

I moved to Arizona in '93. Asheville was a great place to be a kid in the 70's. I am afraid it is not any longer. I visited 3 years ago and hardly recognized the place. I still have family in Asheville.

I do know what your saying, it seems that way everywhere now.
History tells me it is always this way, nations become empires, empires become no mans land and fall.
I love history, always have since grammar school. And like they say 'none learn from it.

I do know what your saying, it seems that way everywhere now.
History tells me it is always this way, nations become empires, empires become no mans land and fall.
I love history, always have since grammar school. And like they say 'none learn from it.
I guess I am getting old, and I remember as a kid hearing the old folks then talk about how it was "back then".
Lol... This getting old is extremely over-rated.

Everybody I hung out with growing up are all dead now. I'm visiting their grandkids and building stuff for them now. lol

Yes that is one of the negative things about getting old, is losing so many loved ones and associates. Of course seeing new ones born helps counter the loss some.
Although I do worry about the youth, so many are lonely now from being so addicted to the web.

Forum List

Back