Anyone Using Hydroponics?

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
We had really good success with hydros last few years. We started out small and added as we could afford.

We had really good success with hydros last few years. We started out small and added as we could afford.

I would really like to build one myself and teach others how to make them. I have a "how too" video and the materials would only be around 250 dollars but I am limited on space.

I would really like to build one myself and teach others how to make them. I have a "how too" video and the materials would only be around 250 dollars but I am limited on space.

One of the best videos and the one that got us interested about 5 years ago was ' mhpgardener' on youtube. He is really easy to understand. A farm boy in Tenn. but really smart.

Also if I can help you just ask.

One of the best videos and the one that got us interested about 5 years ago was ' mhpgardener' on youtube. He is really easy to understand. A farm boy in Tenn. but really smart.

Thanks so much!!!! Have you gotten a good yield from your hydroponic farm?

Your welcome and we sure have got a good yield from it and the plants grow 3 times as fast in hydros. No watering or tending just set the timer and the plants take care of themselves.

We shopped around so much looking for deals and learnign ,but one of the best sites I found was Allied Aqua. I'm not gettign anythign from this site or any site just trying to help others. We got our air stones , grummets to seal any leaks and net pots. All kinds of sizes too.

I can show you pics from Photobucket of ours if you like?

Your welcome and we sure have got a good yield from it and the plants grow 3 times as fast in hydros. No watering or tending just set the timer and the plants take care of themselves.

We shopped around so much looking for deals and learnign ,but one of the best sites I found was Allied Aqua. I'm not gettign anythign from this site or any site just trying to help others. We got our air stones , grummets to seal any leaks and net pots. All kinds of sizes too.

Yes! Most definitely!!!

Yes! Most definitely!!!

LOL, I was like you are I wanted to see everything and read about it so I wouldn't make too many mistakes.

Yes! Most definitely!!!

LOL, I was like you are I wanted to see everything and read about it so I wouldn't make too many mistakes.

I have watched a lot of videos of those that have it. It doesn't seem toooo complicated. When the SHTF, people are gonna wish that they had something like this.

Yes! Most definitely!!!

I have watched a lot of videos of those that have it. It doesn't seem toooo complicated. When the SHTF, people are gonna wish that they had something like this.

We are old and its also easier than all that digging which we still do at times. We closed it down last winter and plan to open it back up in a few weeks.

I'm trying to get into photobucket but it won't take my password. Will try again see if they sent me a new one.

Also we used the cheap Loews blue buckets because the food grade white ones let in light and our roots got a little green which didn't hurt anything we just liked seeing those beautiful white roots.

Here is some other veggys he he grew and so did we. We had some really nice squash, lettuce, broccoli and bell peppers from our hydro.

Last edited:
Lots of people grow weed in these systems but we never have its illegal.

But this is what we used the first time around then went to master blend which isn't around anymore. We will use this Canna again now. Its from The Neitherlands so probably safe. I found a good deal on it from a website but forgot where so I'll have to search for that one again.

Seedlings with pebble stones for meduim. We like the stones because you can use them forever and easy to sterilize.

This is the container the fertilizer is in with one air stone and water lines circulating in and out continously.

Home made reservours made from scrap lumber we had saved over the years. Vynal was food grade but at first we used 4 ply poly from Loews or Home Depot. Squash transplants.

Home made reservours made from scrap lumber we had saved over the years. Vynal was food grade but at first we used 4 ply poly from Loews or Home Depot. Squash transplants.

The Squash as it matures.

Forum List

Back