Appeals court refuses to grant immunity to Sheriff who engaged in extortion to go after a whistleblo

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016

Thanks for the clarification. I am a conservative and I voted for Trump over Hillary and I still want to see this POS punished. She's a Republican; I don't care. She 's a woman; I don't care. She has six kids and a grandmother with terminal cancer; I don't care. What she did was unethical and unconscionable. Fortunately the matter was settled:

“A settlement was reached Thursday between Franklin and state and local prosecutors, court records show.

“Prosecutors sued Franklin in December 2018 — just before she left office — to prevent her from personally keeping $55,000 of unspent jail food money. Franklin didn’t seek a third term in last year’s election.”

Ex-sheriff settles jail food money lawsuit in Morgan County

The disgraced former sheriff tried to claim she was immune from prosecution simply because she was acting as a law enforcement officer, neglecting the fact that what she did was clearly in violation of the law. This is how the judge put it:

“It is harder to think of a better example of knowingly violating a plaintiff’s constitutional rights than the allegation, which we are bound to accept as true, that the defendants facilitated the installation of an unauthorized keylogger on Bradley’s computer, misled a judge to secure an invalid search warrant, then raided Bradley’s home,” the court wrote. “Said another way, these allegations are the antithesis of the type for which one might be entitled to ‘good faith’ immunity. As such, the district court properly denied qualified immunity to the defendants.”

Court rejects former sheriff Ana Franklin’s immunity claim in civil case

Thanks for the clarification. I am a conservative and I voted for Trump over Hillary and I still want to see this POS punished. She's a Republican; I don't care. She 's a woman; I don't care. She has six kids and a grandmother with terminal cancer; I don't care. What she did was unethical and unconscionable. Fortunately the matter was settled:

“A settlement was reached Thursday between Franklin and state and local prosecutors, court records show.

“Prosecutors sued Franklin in December 2018 — just before she left office — to prevent her from personally keeping $55,000 of unspent jail food money. Franklin didn’t seek a third term in last year’s election.”

Ex-sheriff settles jail food money lawsuit in Morgan County

The disgraced former sheriff tried to claim she was immune from prosecution simply because she was acting as a law enforcement officer, neglecting the fact that what she did was clearly in violation of the law. This is how the judge put it:

“It is harder to think of a better example of knowingly violating a plaintiff’s constitutional rights than the allegation, which we are bound to accept as true, that the defendants facilitated the installation of an unauthorized keylogger on Bradley’s computer, misled a judge to secure an invalid search warrant, then raided Bradley’s home,” the court wrote. “Said another way, these allegations are the antithesis of the type for which one might be entitled to ‘good faith’ immunity. As such, the district court properly denied qualified immunity to the defendants.”

Court rejects former sheriff Ana Franklin’s immunity claim in civil case

Spot on. I don’t care if this corrupt trollop is a member of the Birthday Party. Sheriff Franklin is a bounder and a crook.

Forum List

Back