Arab taxi driver attacked by Jewish teens

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Naim Aline, 61, a Jerusalem taxi driver, was attacked Monday by two Jewish teens.

According to police investigation, Aline stopped for the two passengers with his taxi and they asked to be taken to central Jerusalem. During the drive, they told him to go into a side street, where they allegedly put a knife to his neck.

When trying to fight the attackers, Aline was cut on his hand. The suspects then escaped and the taxi driver sought medical treatment at the Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem.

Police launched an investigation of the case, and are looking into the possibility that the crime was nationalistically motivated.

"They got in the cab at 3 am," Aline said after leaving the hospital. "They seemed completely normal – asked to go to Pisgat Zeev, but that we first pick up a friend in Gilo (Jerusalem neighborhoods). We agreed on a price and drove.

"After a few minutes, we stopped in a big parking lot in Gilo, almost completely deserted, but they weren’t scared. The one sitting behind me strangled me, put a knife to my throat and then I got a cut to my hand. I started screaming and they probably got scared and ran away."

Aline added that the two didn’t talk during the drive except for one moment in which one asked "sure?" and the other replied "yes."

"I think they wanted to make sure I was an Arab," he said. "The first thought is that they wanted to attack me because I'm an Arab. After the attack, I saw they were far away from me. I wanted to chase one of them, but he climbed on a wall and disappeared. Then I called the police and I was evacuated to the hospital."

Senseless violence sucks.

Naim Aline, 61, a Jerusalem taxi driver, was attacked Monday by two Jewish teens.

According to police investigation, Aline stopped for the two passengers with his taxi and they asked to be taken to central Jerusalem. During the drive, they told him to go into a side street, where they allegedly put a knife to his neck.

When trying to fight the attackers, Aline was cut on his hand. The suspects then escaped and the taxi driver sought medical treatment at the Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem.

Police launched an investigation of the case, and are looking into the possibility that the crime was nationalistically motivated.

"They got in the cab at 3 am," Aline said after leaving the hospital. "They seemed completely normal – asked to go to Pisgat Zeev, but that we first pick up a friend in Gilo (Jerusalem neighborhoods). We agreed on a price and drove.

"After a few minutes, we stopped in a big parking lot in Gilo, almost completely deserted, but they weren’t scared. The one sitting behind me strangled me, put a knife to my throat and then I got a cut to my hand. I started screaming and they probably got scared and ran away."

Aline added that the two didn’t talk during the drive except for one moment in which one asked "sure?" and the other replied "yes."

"I think they wanted to make sure I was an Arab," he said. "The first thought is that they wanted to attack me because I'm an Arab. After the attack, I saw they were far away from me. I wanted to chase one of them, but he climbed on a wall and disappeared. Then I called the police and I was evacuated to the hospital."

Terrible. An Arab taxi-driver drove me to my relatives when I was in Israel in January. It's funny that they knew right away he was an Arab, though he spoke Hebrew and wasn't very dark, while I didn't know right away until he said something of a religious nature that alerted me to the fact. I guess the natives can just sense these things. Anyway, he was one of the friendliest guys that I ever met. :eusa_angel:

Israel is taking this stuff much more seriously - attacks that are racially or nationalisticaly motivated. Teens seem to be the biggest culprits. Kudus to Israel for doing so. :)

You base that claim on, WHAT, exactly?

They will have no easy way, that's for sure. Lately society gets really fed up with those morons.

They do nothing but making the conflict worse.

racist dicks.

no doubt they will get off Scot Free.

@ Gardener, what a disgusting Sig you have. Looks like you're the racist dick. Would you like it if I said, "Everything I needed to know about traitors and Christianity, I learned from Snowden"?

?

Was that an American idiom?

I didn't get it

Snowden is an American traitor, who has leaked valuable security info. He's currently stuck in a Moscow airport, trying to flee to Latin America, before the American Feds can get their hands on him.

?

Was that an American idiom?

I didn't get it

2. Internet Troll

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Sounds like Israel has your every day run of the mill criminals like we all do.

AKA this?

trolls.jpg

Hey, he looks like Holsti! cute!

Now back to topic, I look forward the police catching those kids. And fine their parents, while we're at it.

Same justice I would expect if the situation was reversed

Sounds like Israel has your every day run of the mill criminals like we all do.

I don't think it's run of the mill - not if the attack was racial/nationalistically motivated. That, and the stabbing of the Haredi man are not like routine muggings.

Forum List

Back