Archaelogy

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

I love reading about finds. But I wonder about other things NOT discovered. Yet.

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?
King Arthur. Did he really exist?
Stonehenge. Why? For what purpose?

What about you guys? What do you wonder about that is still a mystery?

Newgrange.

They're video-streaming the Solstice.

Right now.

Actually there are lots of Stonehenges lain around the British Isles. When I went to tour Ireland about 25 years ago we went looking for such places. Quite the interesting journey. Standing stones... caves.... strange structures...

One thing that never really interested me was egyptian archaeology. I am mostly fascinated with northern european finds. Vikings. Arthur. Brittish hoardes. Knights. Celts. Druids. Stuff found with just a metal detector. Fascinating stuff.

Rome is not northern europe, but ancient rome interests me too.

I love reading about finds. But I wonder about other things NOT discovered. Yet.

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?

Stonehenge was the first dominion voting booth created by Progressives to steal elections.

They used it to elect a druid from Whales who spent all his time campaigning in his basement.

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?

There were lots of Yeshua's in the first century. Barabbas was name Yeshua Bar Abbas.
I'm sure the fake Holy Grail will show up.

I think King Arthur did exist, a rich king that owned a city , but I think the name and the legend is not what's on TV and had a knights of the round table.

I think Stonehaven is all about the Solstice. It remains a mystery.

One thing that never really interested me was egyptian archaeology. I am mostly fascinated with northern european finds. Vikings. Arthur. Brittish hoardes. Knights. Celts. Druids. Stuff found with just a metal detector. Fascinating stuff.

Egyptian archaeology is far more fascinating and far more sophisticated. First, everything we’ve been told about it is wrong. The pyramids are far older than stated and not built by the pharaohs. They never were tombs. Why have they lied to us? They clearly are covering up something. Something very big.

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?

Stonehenge to my understanding is a clock that would tell you the time of year so you could plant and harvest and a meeting place for worship and events...

King Arthur is more of a myth based on real people about a day that never truly happened...

If real then he was more likely Scottish and his Kingdom is not where many believe it was at...

The Holy Grail is a relic that many would not know what it was and if real then it is most likely made of wood from that region and most likely in France or Persia aka Iran...

Monday 21 December marks the Winter solstice across the northern hemisphere.

The date is the 24-hour period with the fewest hours of daylight in the year, which is why it is known as the shortest day and longest night.

The sun rose at 8:04am and will set at 3.53pm - giving us just under eight hours of daylight. It might be the shortest day, but it's a reason to be cheerful as the days get longer from here!

The Winter solstice is the opposite of the Summer solstice - which has the most daylight and the longest day with the shortest night of the year.

Usually, visitors travel to Stonehenge to watch the sunrise together. However, this year the event was live streamed and watched by thousands of people online instead, due to the coronavirus pandemic preventing large gatherings.

Winter solstice: When is the shortest day of the year? - CBBC Newsround

Archaeology is my first love. Then I discovered that you have to be independently wealthy to be able to pull all that off just to obtain the education. And the pay is not great or even good. The most fascinating element is that there is a discovery and then there is period of waiting for history to catch up. I like anything from antiquity, late antiquity, early middle ages. I like Europe, Middle East, early American some Latin American. Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire,

In the '90s many of my friends were/are archaeologists and several were underwater archaeologists. There were several theories that were floating (Heh!) about Atlantis and there was some hope that the source of legends had been found. What I didn't know at the time was that there several areas that had their own underwater islands. There are multiple sources about multiple islands that have to be about environmental changes around the world. So, now I'm just waiting for that to be normal.

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?

Stonehenge was the first dominion voting booth created by Progressives to steal elections.

They used it to elect a druid from Whales who spent all his time campaigning in his basement.

Whales?

I think you mean Ihreland.

Monday 21 December marks the Winter solstice across the northern hemisphere.

The date is the 24-hour period with the fewest hours of daylight in the year, which is why it is known as the shortest day and longest night.

The sun rose at 8:04am and will set at 3.53pm - giving us just under eight hours of daylight. It might be the shortest day, but it's a reason to be cheerful as the days get longer from here!

The Winter solstice is the opposite of the Summer solstice - which has the most daylight and the longest day with the shortest night of the year.

Usually, visitors travel to Stonehenge to watch the sunrise together. However, this year the event was live streamed and watched by thousands of people online instead, due to the coronavirus pandemic preventing large gatherings.

Winter solstice: When is the shortest day of the year? - CBBC Newsround

Your diurnal cycle tells me you're pretty far north. That looks like roughly the day length I had in Vermont.

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?

There were lots of Yeshua's in the first century. Barabbas was name Yeshua Bar Abbas.

"Yeshua Bar Abbas" translates as "Jesus Junior". Just sayin'.

Egyptian archaeology is far more fascinating and far more sophisticated. First, everything we’ve been told about it is wrong. The pyramids are far older than stated and not built by the pharaohs. They never were tombs. Why have they lied to us? They clearly are covering up something. Something very big.
Sigh.

The pyramids were the second dominion voting booth model to steal an election as the Progressives movement had spread like a virus to Egypt who then enslaved the Israelites cuz.............well...............that's just what the do.

Again, stop watching the fake news!

Sigh.

The pyramids were the second dominion voting booth model to steal an election as the Progressives movement had spread like a virus to Egypt who then enslaved the Israelites cuz.............well...............that's just what the do.

Again, stop watching the fake news!
:iyfyus.jpg:

There is a place in history for King Arthur ... the Anglo-Saxon hoards were stopped cold from sweeping across England around 475 and then resumed 550 ... as though some great Briton king somehow unified the various British tribes, perhaps establishing an uneasy peace with the Picts, and somehow was able to hold off the AS advance ...

One main problem with Geoffrey of Monmouth's 12th Century dissertation on King Arthur is quite a few obvious mistakes ... everybody at the time knew Castle Tintangle was built in the 11th Century by the Normans, Arthur couldn't have possibly been born there in the 5th Century ... the notion of Brittany healing women only needing two days to travel to the Borderlands is almost impossible today by train ... thus even at the time, the tales were generally considered a fiction ...

The next problem is that the Plantagenets had just come to power in England ... and they were eager to establish a historical right to rule there ... and the King Arthur tales were re-worked and romanticised in order to allow the Plantagenets to claim the throne by birthright ... i.e. political spin ...

There is a little bit of evidence of King Arthur's existence ... none of it conclusive ... we keep digging ...

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?

The holy grail rotted as it was made of wood if real
King Arthur is BS
Stonehenge was built by pagans worshipping the gods of the sky

Now you know

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?

King Arthur is BS

Now you know
Probably it did rot since it was wood. Still fascinating idea though to find it intact in some place. Protected in some form. Like the egyptians did with their dead. Mummified.

King Arthur...don't know. Hope he was real.

Stonehenge is still a mystery. Last expedition found markings on the stones...undiscovered until recently. Some scientists think it could some sort of memorial ground for the dead. BUT, if it was built by pagans, I don't really care since I am 25% pagan myself. GO DRUIDS!! Rah Rah!

Now YOU know. ;)

Like......

Holy Grail. Where is it?

King Arthur is BS

Now you know
Probably it did rot since it was wood. Still fascinating idea though to find it intact in some place. Protected in some form. Like the egyptians did with their dead. Mummified.

King Arthur...don't know. Hope he was real.

Stonehenge is still a mystery. Last expedition found markings on the stones...undiscovered until recently. Some scientists think it could some sort of memorial ground for the dead. BUT, if it was built by pagans, I don't really care since I am 25% pagan myself. GO DRUIDS!! Rah Rah!

Now YOU know. ;)
If the grail was found, no one would know, they would toss it away

King Arthur if real had a castle that would not melt away, nothing exist

The mystery about stonehenge is the same mystery as the pyramids, which is how did humans do all of this grand mathematical stuff before there was a real written language

Forum List

Back