Arctic ice thins dramatically

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVCdVO7QJaE]FlightBlogger - Cold Soaking 787 - April 22, 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Rat in the hat, why are you destroying my data thread :( Please start your own thread to discuse the airplane. Thanks.

Old rocks decided to destroy the 787 thread with global warming posts, so i decided to move these posts into the last thread he is posting in.

If he and his allies will leave that thread alone, I'll leave this one alone.

And besides, why are you calling this your thread when Chris started it?

Rat in the hat, why are you destroying my data thread :( Please start your own thread to discuse the airplane. Thanks.

Old rocks decided to destroy the 787 thread with global warming posts, so i decided to move these posts into the last thread he is posting in.

Sorry had to point that out....

LOL. Well, welcome, now can you contribute anything that has evidence for you point of view, whatever that may be?

LOL. Well, welcome, now can you contribute anything that has evidence for you point of view, whatever that may be?

You first!

The ice in the water doesn't change the level at all, The ice floats because it displaces a volume of water which weights as much as the ice.
When the ice melts, it turns into water, that will occupy the same volume.
As for balance the south pole ice caps are growing.
Dont tell Chris.

:clap2:

Exactly..... thats NEVER mentioned b/c it dont fit their agenda.

Go here with a open mind my friend and read what ever topic you wish to learn about. It is scientific and is pretty even handed with the science...One of the best places for in depth learning of the science. You can disagree, but if you do then you can argue it with very intelligent people there. Skeptical Science: Recent Comments

I hope you have fun either way!

Last edited:

Go here with a open mind my friend and read what ever topic you wish to learn about. It is scientific and is pretty even handed with the science...One of the best places for in depth learning of the science. You can disagree, but if you do then you can argue it with very intelligent people there. Skeptical Science: Recent Comments

I have been to that site before, and I think its a propagandist site.

Heres why.. From their "myths page"

The skeptic argument...
There is no consensus
The Petition Project features over 31,000 scientists signing the petition stating "there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide will, in the forseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere". (Petition Project)
What the science says...
Select a level... Basic Intermediate
97% of climate experts agree humans are causing global warming.
Science achieves a consensus when scientists stop arguing. When a question is first asked – like ‘what would happen if we put a load more CO2 in the atmosphere?’ – there may be many hypotheses about cause and effect. Over a period of time, each idea is tested and retested – the processes of the scientific method – because all scientists know that reputation and kudos go to those who find the right answer (and everyone else becomes an irrelevant footnote in the history of science). Nearly all hypotheses will fall by the wayside during this testing period, because only one is going to answer the question properly, without leaving all kinds of odd dangling bits that don’t quite add up. Bad theories are usually rather untidy.

That is utter nonsense. We all know this by now. There still is arguing going on over this and only politically and financially motivated groups and so-called "national bodies" of science (national as in governmental funding as in political) even try and use this as a real point.

A consensus is not a statement of fact, and even if it were there is no consensus that is not financially or politically driven.

That explanation of scientific consensus and their "myths" section alone should be enough to tell anyone they are just another PR blog playing scientific. Every single one of their "popular arguments" is pro AGW theory..

Gimme a break...

SS is nothing more than a chapel of the church of CAGW. No differentiation with dogma is allowed. They pretty much showed what they were all about with their recent treatment of Pelkie Sr. They lost any credibility they may have had.

Peter Cook seems to have lost control of his guard dogs like dana1981. it was bad before but it is full blown dogma now.

The ice in the water doesn't change the level at all, The ice floats because it displaces a volume of water which weights as much as the ice.
When the ice melts, it turns into water, that will occupy the same volume.
As for balance the south pole ice caps are growing.
Dont tell Chris.

:clap2:

Exactly..... thats NEVER mentioned b/c it dont fit their agenda.

Poor dumb fucks, just cannot keep up with the current events. Like events in the past decade:lol:

UCI study: ice-sheet melting speeding up - OC Science : The Orange County Register

Ice sheets at both of Earth’s poles are melting rapidly, and the pace is accelerating, a new, 18-year study by scientists at UC Irvine and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory shows.

The sheets are melting so quickly that they are likely becoming the number one cause of rising sea levels, moving ahead of both ice caps on islands or other low-elevation surfaces and mountain glaciers.

UC Irvine professor Eric Rignot. Courtesy UC Irvine.

“They are on pace for a solid contribution to sea-level risea little bit ahead of schedule,” said Eric Rignot, a research scientist at both UC Irvine and JPL. “This is real. It’s not based on a few years of fluctuations. It’s based on 18 years of observations of the ice sheets.”

Oh my, USGS, NOAA, Dr. Roy Spencer, AIP, all dispensers of pseudoscience.

In the meantime, your real dispensers of science, a drugged out obese radio jock with barely a high school education, and an ex-tv weatherman are the real dispensers of scientific knowledge.

But what else to expect from ol' G-string.

In the meantime, your real dispensers of science, a drugged out obese radio jock with barely a high school education, and an ex-tv weatherman are the real dispensers of scientific knowledge.

National bodies receiving political money and a proven BS artist.. yeah thx socks..:lol:

N_daily_extent_hires.png

GOOGLEMAN!

LOL, you have used them before tool.. we want evidence not your BS pseudo-science.

National bodies receiving political money and a proven BS artist.. yeah thx socks..:lol:

LOL. Why don't you send Dr. Spencer a letter of protest concerning his support of the Global Warming Conspriracy.:lol:

Forum List

Back