Are aliens really going to have to land on this planet

We are likely alone, there isn't so much as a microbe in the rest of the universe. Unless of course scientists can prove life can spring out of an inorganic environment by natural means.
There isn't? We know that? Show me a link that this has been proven.

If the old testament doesn't say we are alone why do ignorant Christians all think we are? It's always the nutters who believe it like retardedgysgt

Yes we do know that. There hasn't been a shred of evidence of life outside our planet.
We didn't think anything lived on the ocean floor where photosynthesis can't reach but damn there are.
And those creatures will never do anything but eat and shit.
We used to think that about dolphins and cuddlefish
Let me know when either of them uses fire.

If the old testament doesn't say we are alone why do ignorant Christians all think we are? It's always the nutters who believe it like retardedgysgt

Yes we do know that. There hasn't been a shred of evidence of life outside our planet.
We didn't think anything lived on the ocean floor where photosynthesis can't reach but damn there are.

Did I ever claim that? No.

Next red herring.
All humans believed that. Turns out life can happen in places we didn't think could harbor life

You keep side-stepping the issue. This isn't about places that can "support life", I have no doubt there are plenty of worlds out there that can support life.

The creation of life, and a habitable zone that can support life are two entirely different topics. Life does not spontaneously manifest itself just because there is a habitable environment. Because of that fact, there is no grounds to believe life exists out on other planets simply because there is an environment that supports life.

Former Nasa astronaut says it is 'arrogant' to think we are alone in the universe | Daily Mail Online

Can you show me anyone that agrees with your position?

Wow, you're so smart. Actually, now that you say that I'm certain there is much more intelligent life out there than YOU.

Would you have figured out how to make fire if someone else didn't teach you? So maybe they are not as smart as Albert Einstein but smarter than you. Somewhere in between.

Next red herring.
All humans believed that. Turns out life can happen in places we didn't think could harbor life

You keep side-stepping the issue. This isn't about places that can "support life", I have no doubt there are plenty of worlds out there that can support life.

The creation of life, and a habitable zone that can support life are two entirely different topics. Life does not spontaneously manifest itself just because there is a habitable environment. Because of that fact, there is no grounds to believe life exists out on other planets simply because there is an environment that supports life.

How do you think life manifests? I say all the ingredients for life come from the inside of stars that died. They blew up and blew chunks of all the ingredients for life into the universe and when those microbes get frozen out in space they stay dormant until they crash into a planet that can harbor life.

Life is inside comets. Plant that life seed on a planet and look at what happened on earth. You get the diversity you see here. We know how life gets started on other planets because of what happened here. We don't have all the answers but we are pretty sure god didn't poof fully grown animals into existence.

There are lots of scientific theories I'd go with before the religious story of creation.

If Christianity says we're alone we need to drop it too the minute we find other life.

We are likely alone, there isn't so much as a microbe in the rest of the universe. Unless of course scientists can prove life can spring out of an inorganic environment by natural means.

Why are you so sure of this? I'll bet you in 2 billion years they'll be praying to the worm jesus and we will be gone.

Why are you so sure of this? I'll bet you in 2 billion years they'll be praying to the worm jesus and we will be gone.
What ?

Now imagine how far apart stars will be ten billion years from now. So when a future species on another planet evolves at that time they may look out and only see 9 faint lights. So far they can only guess what they are. They may truly think they are alone.

Actually, it is galaxies that are moving farther apart from each other, not stars.

Stars are locked into their own local gravity by the galaxy they belong to. And their relative distance to each other is pretty constant (varying over millions of years by their individual rotations through their respective galaxy).

With the size and distance of galaxies, by the time they actually started to form (roughly 1 billion years after the Big Bang), they were already considerable distances from each other.

If Christianity says we're alone we need to drop it too the minute we find other life.

Where exactly does it say that? Would love to see a reference stating that this is the only planet He made, and humans are the only intelligent life form.

th

Cassini taking a picture of Saturns F ring, when suddenly, something in the ring decided it was time to get the fuck out of Dodge.

Are aliens really going to have to land on this planet right in front of us all before we take space travel seriously?

Did the American Indians develop trans-Atlantic vessels after these guys showed up?

garnelo_columbus_landing.jpg

They never had the chance. Let us hope it is different in our case.

What would be the benefit of space travel? There are very few 4-star hotels in space.
Right now there is little benefit to manned space travel other than pure science and exploration, and all as the libstains will tell you, none of us R's have any idea what that means. I think that until a more "rapid transit system" of at least interplanetary travel is developed, it is way too risky to send people out into planetary space.

Next red herring.

How do you think life manifests? I say all the ingredients for life come from the inside of stars that died. They blew up and blew chunks of all the ingredients for life into the universe and when those microbes get frozen out in space they stay dormant until they crash into a planet that can harbor life.

Life is inside comets. Plant that life seed on a planet and look at what happened on earth. You get the diversity you see here. We know how life gets started on other planets because of what happened here. We don't have all the answers but we are pretty sure god didn't poof fully grown animals into existence.

There are lots of scientific theories I'd go with before the religious story of creation.

LMAO. Wow, microbes form in space after a super nova? Gawd you're a retard. The only thing that forms out of a super nova are heavier elements such as iron, as heavier elements can only be made my lesser elements combining at the atomic level during such an event.

"Life is inside comets"? Comets are made up of frozen water and rock. There has never been any scientific discovery to show otherwise.

"We don't have all the answers". Thanks Captain Obvious, you clearly don't have any answers.

Even the simplest life forms are very complex with so much DNA code our scientists today still can't decipher it all. Show us how atoms and molecules would ever naturally form such complex and intelligent code fond in the simplest DNA.

Are aliens really going to have to land on this planet right in front of us all before we take space travel seriously?

Did the American Indians develop trans-Atlantic vessels after these guys showed up?

garnelo_columbus_landing.jpg

They never had the chance. Let us hope it is different in our case.

What would be the benefit of space travel? There are very few 4-star hotels in space.
Right now there is little benefit to manned space travel other than pure science and exploration, and all as the libstains will tell you, none of us R's have any idea what that means. I think that until a more "rapid transit system" of at least interplanetary travel is developed, it is way too risky to send people out into planetary space.
Explain how we DEVELOP these interstellar drives if we do not actually explore space?

Next red herring.

Former Nasa astronaut says it is 'arrogant' to think we are alone in the universe | Daily Mail Online

Can you show me anyone that agrees with your position?

The astronaut has simply bought into the propaganda NASA has been spewing for decades.

NASA has wasted billions of dollars on idiotic probes to search for life on moons, Mars, and space. And of course they have come up with bupkis.

Instead they should just accept the fact that the universe is lifeless and focus on finding resources we can exploit and use in order to build ships to travel to other solar systems, and to search for habitable planets for us to eventually colonize.

I think the only reason NASA keeps hyping up the "possibility of finding life" is in order to receive more public support and thus more funds. There is no scientific reason to beleive anything out there has life.

We need to destroy Islam and Marxism before we spread humanity around the galaxy.
Except it says no such thing. But thanks for being clueless.
Yes it does. Christianity is a spin-off of the old testament. We are alone they say.

Does Christianity say we are not alone?

I'm sure in that book of ramblings it says both if you look and twist hard enough
Christianity sez God is an ET

We need to destroy Islam and Marxism before we spread humanity around the galaxy.

The Universe is teeming with life.

It did here. Science is the same everywhere. Every Earthlike planet will have life.

Forum List

Back