Are Credit Card Companies Working to Censor Conservatives?

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017
could be a few doing it and it dies quickly. but it's troublesome to a degree people think this is ok. i don't agree with you so you must suffer. sad mentality many have fallen into these days.

ANYWAY -

Mastercard Has Been Forced By Activists To Hold A Shareholder Vote That Could Cut Off Payments To The Far-Right

"Activists have successfully forced Mastercard to hold a vote by shareholders on a proposal which, if passed, could see the company monitoring payments to global far-right political leaders and white supremacist groups.

The proposal aims to see Mastercard establish an internal “human rights committee” that would stop designated white supremacist groups and anti-Islam activists, such as Tommy Robinson, from getting access to money sent from donors using the company’s card payment services.

It’s been conceived by US-based political activists SumOfUs, who want to escalate the battle against white supremacists and far-right groups from tech platforms like Facebook, Google, Twitter, Patreon, and PayPal to one of the biggest companies in world finance, in an attempt to choke off donations."

-----
we revert back to, why is it the lefts job to determine who gets classified where and then force companies to hold votes on whether or not they should go along with their "suggested" actions?

the headline i just realized isn't "dead on" - if it can be corrected to be the headline of the story i'd appreciate it.

The lefts extremists are winning because americans are fucking pussies.
Our founders built this country in vain. Our ancestors died in it.

They try to end the careers of people with political opinions they don't like with disturbing amounts of success too. They're about inclusion and equality as long as you think and feel as they do. The cognitive dissonance is truly something to behold.

could be a few doing it and it dies quickly. but it's troublesome to a degree people think this is ok. i don't agree with you so you must suffer. sad mentality many have fallen into these days.

ANYWAY -

Mastercard Has Been Forced By Activists To Hold A Shareholder Vote That Could Cut Off Payments To The Far-Right

"Activists have successfully forced Mastercard to hold a vote by shareholders on a proposal which, if passed, could see the company monitoring payments to global far-right political leaders and white supremacist groups.

The proposal aims to see Mastercard establish an internal “human rights committee” that would stop designated white supremacist groups and anti-Islam activists, such as Tommy Robinson, from getting access to money sent from donors using the company’s card payment services.

It’s been conceived by US-based political activists SumOfUs, who want to escalate the battle against white supremacists and far-right groups from tech platforms like Facebook, Google, Twitter, Patreon, and PayPal to one of the biggest companies in world finance, in an attempt to choke off donations."

-----
we revert back to, why is it the lefts job to determine who gets classified where and then force companies to hold votes on whether or not they should go along with their "suggested" actions?

the headline i just realized isn't "dead on" - if it can be corrected to be the headline of the story i'd appreciate it.
Sounds good! let the Nazis beg on the street corner, like all good insane people do.

They try to end the careers of people with political opinions they don't like with disturbing amounts of success too. They're about inclusion and equality as long as you think and feel as they do. The cognitive dissonance is truly something to behold.
well so far MC has not said they would, but they are going to vote on it. dunno if a vote is mandatory but i would hope it fails just as i would hope it would fail if this were against the left.

some things you simply DO NOT set the tone for. what someone else does with your intentions is never quite where you hoped it would go.

ANYWAY -

-----

Sounds good! let the Nazis beg on the street corner, like all good insane people do.
except who is the "real" nazi? the left has made that anyone they don't agree with.

please tell me you don't really feel anyone you don't agree with needs to suffer.

except who is the "real" nazi?
That would be the actual Nazi, espouaimg white supremacist views and Nazi tenets. Kind of a dumb question there.

Here is a better question for you:

How is this censorship?
censorship may not be the right word. but if you remove their ability to collect funds for their causes, are you not in effect, censoring them?

and no it's not a dumb question at all. do you need a list of examples of the left calling anyone and everyone they don't like NAZI? 99.9% of them don't even know the meaning of the word nor it's history, they just know the association with evil and use it like a wide paint brush.

if you want to talk i'm down. i love hearing other points of view. but this "your thoughts are stupid' is a game i'm just not going to play.

if you remove their ability to collect funds for their causes, are you not in effect, censoring them?

He'd rather mince words and not engage you honestly.
i'll try. if it continues, back to ignore. i want honest dialog and when i'm wrong on something, i'm down to learn. happens daily it would seem. but if you're just here to mock and call people nazi, you're the problem and i don't bother rewarding idiocy on that level with a reply at all.

"They try to end the careers of people with political opinions they don't like with disturbing amounts of success too."

which is the same thing conservatives are doing.

So, mr hypocrite, tell me why it is OK for conservatives but EVIL when liberals do it?

"They try to end the careers of people with political opinions they don't like with disturbing amounts of success too."

So, mr hypocrite, tell me why it is OK for conservatives but EVIL when liberals do it?

I've not seen conservatives having much success with that. Examples?

Either way I'm not a conservative and obviously I would be against it happening the other way too. You partisan dolts always do this, every time. "My shitty behavior is excused because somebody else does it too!"

MasterCard doesn’t wish to do business with these organizations. It is there right and choice to decide whom they associate their brand with. These groups are free to find another credit card provider.

MasterCard doesn’t wish to do business with these organizations. It is there right and choice to decide whom they associate their brand with. These groups are free to find another credit card provider.
Or,maybe they do. The shareholders will decide.

that works to a point, but sooner or later you're going to be directly effected and when that happens, i hope you say the same thing. you'll find something else.

also that theory NEVER seems to work for the left. baking a "gay cake" comes to mind.

show me where conservatives are banning liberals from using services that have become necessary in our lives.

i'll wait here.

but if you remove their ability to collect funds for their causes, are you not in effect, censoring them?
No, you are not. And they can still collect funds, so your only argument that it is censorship is based on a falsity.

Forum List

Back