Are Credit Card Companies Working to Censor Conservatives?

show me where conservatives are banning liberals
Ah, so white supremacists and hate groups are synonymous with "conservatives", in your mind.

Kind of an accidental moment of honesty,there, eh?
why are you trying to be an asshole? wait, succeeding at being?

i would love to have a simple conversation with you and get your viewpoints but you don't seem interested. if this is the case i'll be checking out now.

otherwise - show me where conservatives are banning people from day to day services or go the fuck away.

why are you trying to be an asshole?
Im not. You clearly cnflated white supremacists and hate groups with conservatives. Was that just an "oopsie"?

show me where conservatives are banning people from day to day services
Why? Because white supremacists and hate groups are synonymous with conservatives? How else would your question be relevant? It's the entire basis of your point. Sorry son, you don't get it both ways .

So denying payments to white supremacists and hate groups is equivalent to censoriship of conservatives.

You heard it here, folks.

could be a few doing it and it dies quickly. but it's troublesome to a degree people think this is ok. i don't agree with you so you must suffer. sad mentality many have fallen into these days.

ANYWAY -

Mastercard Has Been Forced By Activists To Hold A Shareholder Vote That Could Cut Off Payments To The Far-Right

"Activists have successfully forced Mastercard to hold a vote by shareholders on a proposal which, if passed, could see the company monitoring payments to global far-right political leaders and white supremacist groups.

The proposal aims to see Mastercard establish an internal “human rights committee” that would stop designated white supremacist groups and anti-Islam activists, such as Tommy Robinson, from getting access to money sent from donors using the company’s card payment services.

It’s been conceived by US-based political activists SumOfUs, who want to escalate the battle against white supremacists and far-right groups from tech platforms like Facebook, Google, Twitter, Patreon, and PayPal to one of the biggest companies in world finance, in an attempt to choke off donations."

-----
we revert back to, why is it the lefts job to determine who gets classified where and then force companies to hold votes on whether or not they should go along with their "suggested" actions?

the headline i just realized isn't "dead on" - if it can be corrected to be the headline of the story i'd appreciate it.
Lol, you conservatives see oppression and censorship everywhere. You kiddos think your some kinda persecuted minority or some shit.

It's funny.

could be a few doing it and it dies quickly. but it's troublesome to a degree people think this is ok. i don't agree with you so you must suffer. sad mentality many have fallen into these days.

ANYWAY -

Mastercard Has Been Forced By Activists To Hold A Shareholder Vote That Could Cut Off Payments To The Far-Right

"Activists have successfully forced Mastercard to hold a vote by shareholders on a proposal which, if passed, could see the company monitoring payments to global far-right political leaders and white supremacist groups.

The proposal aims to see Mastercard establish an internal “human rights committee” that would stop designated white supremacist groups and anti-Islam activists, such as Tommy Robinson, from getting access to money sent from donors using the company’s card payment services.

It’s been conceived by US-based political activists SumOfUs, who want to escalate the battle against white supremacists and far-right groups from tech platforms like Facebook, Google, Twitter, Patreon, and PayPal to one of the biggest companies in world finance, in an attempt to choke off donations."

-----
we revert back to, why is it the lefts job to determine who gets classified where and then force companies to hold votes on whether or not they should go along with their "suggested" actions?

the headline i just realized isn't "dead on" - if it can be corrected to be the headline of the story i'd appreciate it.
Sounds good! let the Nazis beg on the street corner, like all good insane people do.

"Nazis"?

ANYWAY -

-----

Sounds good! let the Nazis beg on the street corner, like all good insane people do.

"Nazis"?
he's trippin on an overdose of dumbass.

So denying payments to white supremacists and hate groups is equivalent to censoriship of conservatives.

You heard it here, folks.

depends on who DECIDES on that which constitutes "white supremacist" Some very idiotic people label Trump,
"A WHITE SUPREMACIST"

MasterCard doesn’t wish to do business with these organizations. It is there right and choice to decide whom they associate their brand with. These groups are free to find another credit card provider.
that works to a point, but sooner or later you're going to be directly effected and when that happens, i hope you say the same thing. you'll find something else.

also that theory NEVER seems to work for the left. baking a "gay cake" comes to mind.

I have stated on numerous occasions that bakers (businesses) should be able to serve or turn away anyone as they see fit. For any reason they see fit. Your theory is clearly a two-way street. Some of the same people that think bakers should be allowed to refuse gays are also demanding that other businesses (MasterCard/Twitter/ Facebook) serve them. It amazes me how fast some people will wipe their asses with their principles the second it's their ox being gored. Thankfully, I am not of them.

ANYWAY -

-----

"Nazis"?
Yes, I grant the white aupremacists the honor of using the venerable term they are too scared of using themselves.

MasterCard doesn’t wish to do business with these organizations. It is there right and choice to decide whom they associate their brand with. These groups are free to find another credit card provider.

the problem is IDENTIFICATION ----of "these organizations" --
and BY WHOM---by what interest group----

that works to a point, but sooner or later you're going to be directly effected and when that happens, i hope you say the same thing. you'll find something else.

also that theory NEVER seems to work for the left. baking a "gay cake" comes to mind.

I have stated on numerous occasions that bakers (businesses) should be able to serve or turn away anyone as they see fit. For any reason they see fit. Your theory is clearly a two-way street. Some of the same people that think bakers should be allowed to refuse gays are also demanding that other businesses (MasterCard/Twitter/ Facebook) serve them. It amazes me how fast some people will wipe their asses with their principles the second it's their ox being gored. Thankfully, I am not of them.
my theory is the left is far from consistent. i *do* fall in line with if you don't like the business, use something else. but a vast majority on the left do in fact turn this into a motive ONLY they can benefit from. YOU MUST BAKE THE CAKE or WE DON'T HAVE TO MAKE MELAINA THAT DRESS!

the contradiction isn't lost on me.

in the cake case, there were 50 bakers in the area to choose from. how many credit cards do you have in your wallet to choose from to send funds to someone?

granted, same premise but not the same in practice. there comes a time the gov will get in the way because of the "contradictions". microsoft for example was forced into a lot of stupid business practices cause of the complaints. right or wrong it happens.

it will happen here.

the problem is IDENTIFICATION ----of "these organizations" --
and BY WHOM---by what interest group----

Those are decisions best left to MasterCard/PayPal/ etc. and their shareholders. The free market will decide if these business decisions are worthy of reward or rebuke.

why are you trying to be an asshole?
Im not. You clearly cnflated white supremacists and hate groups with conservatives. Was that just an "oopsie"?

show me where conservatives are banning people from day to day services
Why? Because white supremacists and hate groups are synonymous with conservatives? How else would your question be relevant? It's the entire basis of your point. Sorry son, you don't get it both ways .
They know it just as well as we do, but it's taboo to admit it.

They try to end the careers of people with political opinions they don't like with disturbing amounts of success too. They're about inclusion and equality as long as you think and feel as they do. The cognitive dissonance is truly something to behold.

"They try to end the careers of people with political opinions they don't like with disturbing amounts of success too."

which is the same thing conservatives are doing.

So, mr hypocrite, tell me why it is OK for conservatives but EVIL when liberals do it?
show me where conservatives are banning liberals from using services that have become necessary in our lives.

i'll wait here.
why bitch when you can short MC or buy a put against it if you want to contain your risk level.

my theory is the left is far from consistent. i *do* fall in line with if you don't like the business, use something else. but a vast majority on the left do in fact turn this into a motive ONLY they can benefit from. YOU MUST BAKE THE CAKE or WE DON'T HAVE TO MAKE MELAINA THAT DRESS!

the contradiction isn't lost on me.

in the cake case, there were 50 bakers in the area to choose from. how many credit cards do you have in your wallet to choose from to send funds to someone?

granted, same premise but not the same in practice. there comes a time the gov will get in the way because of the "contradictions". microsoft for example was forced into a lot of stupid business practices cause of the complaints. right or wrong it happens.

it will happen here.

My theory is very few people on this issue are consistent. For instance: We don't have to bake the cake, but you must give me a credit card and/or PayPal account. Either businesses have a right to associate or they don't. Besides, there are plenty of credit card companies one can choose from.

Forum List

Back