Are gag orders constitutional?

But it has to be specific, since gag orders can be justified sometimes.
I dont agree. While I understand tainting the jury pool, the govt has no authority to deny the rights of one, for another. All because they are expressing their constitutional rights.

Covered by the opportunity of reasonable bail and speedy trials. The Founders weren't stupid, 'reasonable' bail protects society while also ensuring the government cannot abuse their power by allowing for appeals to ensure due process.
Mass murderers are not given any opportunity at bail. Bail also comes with contingencies, like you’re not allowed freedom of travel.

I dont agree. While I understand tainting the jury pool, the govt has no authority to deny the rights of one, for another. All because they are expressing their constitutional rights.

Now we are back to libel and slander laws.

Now we are back to me being allowed to block I70 during rush hour to exercise my right to gather

Just a great big circle of you spinning round and round

Very WRONG!
Government is not allowed to just "make them up".
There are long standing principles of what our DNA considers proper and that is what governments are supposed to capture in legislation.
There are never supposed to be any arbitrary laws in a republic.
We started with British Common Law, and refined from there.
In effect, our DNA is god, and our sense of justice does come "down from on high".
Gag orders aren’t arbitrary. There are hearings and rules.

I am just parroting you, since that is the requirement for anything and everything.

You are the guy after all that thinks felons on jail should be allowed to have guns

The point of the 2nd amendment is to allow for self defense.
Those behind tall walls and surrounded by armed guards are perfectly safe and don't need any more guns.

They never attacked the seat of government, threatening the lives of the Speaker and Veep.
So what? You were addressing “mob rule.”
Which topic do you want to discuss.

The mob behavior of J6 didn’t “attack” a seat of government, either. There were no genuine threats of taking anybody’s life. Hell, the relatively small portioning the mob that entered the Capitol Building weren’t even armed.

Let’s be clear. The protest against the declaration that Brandon had “won” is one thing. The smaller component of that larger protest was the “mob” who got inside the Capitol Building. I do not condone that behavior but that doesn’t mean I agree with the labels placed upon it. For example, I deny that it was an “insurrection” or even an attempted insurrection. And I further deny that it was an “attack on a seat of government.”

I figured. Because you damn sure dont care what the constitution actually says.
The constitution was never written to include every possible scenario, or to micro-manage every right and privilege.
For such a detailed constitution look at India, whose constitution is 146,385 words (thirty times as long as ours).

Should someone be able to sacrifice babies as an act of following their religion, or are you ok with the Govt limiting their rights in that instance?
People often use this as an example of limiting religion. As far as I’m aware, human sacrifice is not practiced today as a part of any religion. Most human sacrifice was a cultural thing, but as far as religious usage of the practice, I believe there aren’t any religions that still do it.

So what? You were addressing “mob rule.”
Which topic do you want to discuss.

The mob behavior of J6 didn’t “attack” a seat of government, either. There were no genuine threats of taking anybody’s life. Hell, the relatively small portioning the mob that entered the Capitol Building weren’t even armed.

Let’s be clear. The protest against the declaration that Brandon had “won” is one thing. The smaller component of that larger protest was the “mob” who got inside the Capitol Building. I do not condone that behavior but that doesn’t mean I agree with the labels placed upon it. For example, I deny that it was an “insurrection” or even an attempted insurrection. And I further deny that it was an “attack on a seat of government.”
So…,this is about your feelings?! :rolleyes-41:

Now we are back to libel and slander laws.

Now we are back to me being allowed to block I70 during rush hour to exercise my right to gather

Just a great big circle of you spinning round and round
No, you are just stupid.

Forum List

Back