Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Are Republicans trying to lose the 2016 presidential race? - The Week

n the wake of President Obama's resounding victory in the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee drafted what came to be known as its autopsy report, a sweeping critique of the party's messaging and platform that warned that, unless the party changed, "it will be increasingly difficult for Republicans to win another presidential election in the near future. In the last week alone — the GOP, at both the state and federal level, has narrowed its appeal so drastically that, at this rate, it seems quite likely that any generic, scandal-free Democrat could easily win the 2016 presidential election.

The RNC's autopsy report said the party "must embrace and champion comprehensive immigration reform" if it wants a larger share of the growing, all-important Latino vote. Legislation to provide illegal immigrants with a pathway to citizenship passed with bipartisan support in the Senate, but it was made clear last week that it has no chance in the GOP-controlled House. This is sure to only estrange Latinos further.

As David Brooks, the conservative columnist at The New York Times, recently wrote:

Before Asians, Hispanics and all the other groups can be won with economic plans, they need to feel respected and understood by the G.O.P. They need to feel that Republicans respect their ethnic and cultural identity. If Republicans reject immigration reform, that will be a giant sign of disrespect, and nothing else Republicans say will even be heard

Then there is the issue of women's rights, or what Democrats like to call the War on Women. The RNC said the GOP must develop a "forward-leaning vision for voting Republican that appeals to women" if it wants to prevent a repeat of an election that saw Obama win women voters overall by 11 points and single women by a staggering 36 points. But just last week, the Texas legislature, with full-throated support from Republican Gov. Rick Perry, passed one of the toughest abortion laws in the country, which anti-abortion groups warn could lead to the shuttering of all but four of the Lone Star State's abortion clinics.

Finally, there is the GOP's economic policies. The RNC was quite emphatic about this: "The perception, revealed in polling, that the GOP does not care about people is doing great harm to the party." And yet just this week we witnessed the House GOP strip the farm bill of food stamps for the poor, which meant that the legislation was composed almost entirely of subsidies for farmers and corporations.

Last edited:
It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:

Because dimocraps just care so much about making sure Republicans win elections...

:eusa_hand:

The LEFT and their flaming vagina agenda. Support the slaughterhouses for babies at all costs, even as a baby takes his or her first breath or you will lose elections. Sickest most vile evil...

It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:

actually the GOP is doing OK in most states

win two presidential elections and it goes to your pointy little heads

Speaking of flaming vaginas.. Have you seen how old most far left kook hags are? Their uteruses are either polluted or all wrinkled up by now so why should they care? Nasty chicks on the left.

Speaking of flaming vaginas.. Have you seen how old most far left kook hags are? Their uteruses are either polluted or all wrinkled up by now so why should they care? Nasty chicks on the left.

More reasons why the GOP attracts the womens vote

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

The GOP does well where they have gerrymandered themselves into safety. The last election showed us that one million more voters voted for Dems than Repubs.

Republicans Can’t Claim Mandate as Democrats Top House Vote

I don't give a crap about the GOP any more than I care about the DIMWITs.. Both are mind numb robots voting back in the same stank dung, time and time again.

Not really....

In the poll that matters, Electoral College, Republicans are taking a pounding

More battleground states are leaning decidedly blue. If Florida goes blue, Republicans will never win another Presidential election

I don't give a crap about the GOP any more than I care about the DIMWITs.. Both are mind numb robots voting back in the same stank dung, time and time again.

LOL

Rand Paul 2016

The GOP does well where they have gerrymandered themselves into safety. The last election showed us that one million more voters voted for Dems than Repubs.

Republicans Can’t Claim Mandate as Democrats Top House Vote

That's another issue, gerrymandering. It means many Reps in the House can't support any sort of platform that might help candidates win national elections. They have to move very far to the right to appease a very conservative district and avoid a primary challenge. So they can't even go along with a bipartisan immigration reform bill. It helps them in the House and hurts them everywhere else.

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

And this is where the GOP became their own worse enemy. They gerrymandered themselves into relative safety in many of these districts. They are so safe, in fact, that they don't have to go along with anyone to stay in their district. In fact, they've really painted themselves into a corner. If they support things like equal pay or immigration reform, they get primaried by some tea bagger in their district.

Such a delightful mess they've made for themselves.

A good example is The Hildebeast! I doubt she will have the same appeal as the lying scumbucket Obama! :razz:

LOL

Rand Paul 2016

Rand Paul isn't a libertarian- but he's better than most GOP candidates. We'll see where he leans on national security issues.. Here is a Marxist kook laughing at Rand Paul and yet his choice, Hillary Clinton LITERALLY let Americans die as she sat watching denying them help. You Zombie loons wouldn't be able to have a coherent thought even with shock treatments.

The LEFT and their flaming vagina agenda. Support the slaughterhouses for babies at all costs, even as a baby takes his or her first breath or you will lose elections. Sickest most vile evil...

the Stuttering Clusterfukk is very lucky.

Right after Labor Day of 2008, McCain had a slight edge over the Stuttering Clusterfukk.

Then the Financial Collapse happened and it was all over.

In 2012, Romney had a slight lead, then Hurricane Sandy happened and obama started acting like the demagogue he is. Fatass Chris Christie didn't help matters by giving him a fat hug.

Then Fatass Candy Crowley and the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM helped him by flat-out fucking lying on National TV during the 2nd debate.

After those two events, it was over

There are other reasons why Romney lost but one of the most important reasons is this..... And it's all connected

dimocraps are the best campaigners on Earth because they will tell ANY lie, make ANY promise, break any promise, commit ANY fraud, cheat, steal....

The qualities it takes to be excellent campaigners, and the dimocraps are the best that's ever been, are the exact opposite opposite of what it takes to be effective at governing.

dimocraps are slimey, dishonest, untrustworthy, unreliable, untruthful...

And in a short-term campaign, that makes them VERY difficult to beat if all you got is truth, honesty and good will.

Especially when the dimocraps have the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM lying for them a hundred times a day.

Man, I hope so. The pubs are like the Dems. They need rooted out and sent packing

-Geaux

Forum List

Back