Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

I'm an independent. I don't stick with just one party. Sometimes I vote Republican and sometimes I vote Democrat or Independent. However, with the last couple of elections, I just couldn't see myself ever voting Republican again. They've gone so far to the right that they've become absurd. We are a nation of differing beliefs. We've had a large influx of asians and hispanics. Hispanics tend to be very Catholic and the asians tend to be Buddhists. While Buddhism is lumped into the world's religions, it is actually a philosphy, not a religion. Add to this, there is a decline among americans as church-goers.
By the Republican party clinging to the extreme-right religious types, racists and sexists, they are just ensuring that they will not get elected again.

I am still in the same boat as you. I have never voted a straight ticket and still lean Republican in local elections. The national Republican Party drove me away in the mid 90s and I have not considered going back since

It basically comes down to looking at who represents the GOP at the national level and saying......Do I want to belong to this?

The Republican brand is getting killed nationwide

Bwhahahahahaha Hahahahahahahaha :cuckoo: LOL Hahahahaha Do you think anyone believes that crap???!!!

I'm an independent. I don't stick with just one party. Sometimes I vote Republican and sometimes I vote Democrat or Independent. However, with the last couple of elections, I just couldn't see myself ever voting Republican again. They've gone so far to the right that they've become absurd. We are a nation of differing beliefs. We've had a large influx of asians and hispanics. Hispanics tend to be very Catholic and the asians tend to be Buddhists. While Buddhism is lumped into the world's religions, it is actually a philosphy, not a religion. Add to this, there is a decline among americans as church-goers.
By the Republican party clinging to the extreme-right religious types, racists and sexists, they are just ensuring that they will not get elected again.

I am still in the same boat as you. I have never voted a straight ticket and still lean Republican in local elections. The national Republican Party drove me away in the mid 90s and I have not considered going back since

It basically comes down to looking at who represents the GOP at the national level and saying......Do I want to belong to this?

Bwhahahahahaha Hahahahahahahaha :cuckoo: LOL Hahahahaha Do you think anyone believes that crap???!!!

He does.

dimocraps are delusional like that

You know those things called polls?

The things that Republicans believe are skewed against them? Well those polls are telling Republicans what America thinks about them

Now that the Smith-Mundt Act has been repealed, the government will flood media with propaganda so there's no way to tell what's true and what isn't. Republicans getting killed nationwide is just more government propaganda.

Speaking of flaming vaginas.. Have you seen how old most far left kook hags are? Their uteruses are either polluted or all wrinkled up by now so why should they care? Nasty chicks on the left.

well they can't get over it that their time is long time gone :D

Now that the Smith-Mundt Act has been repealed, the government will flood media with propaganda so there's no way to tell what's true and what isn't. Republicans getting killed nationwide is just more government propaganda.

The same attitude that had Republicans thinking they had the 2012 election in the bag

Are Republicans trying to lose the 2016 presidential race? - The Week

n the wake of President Obama's resounding victory in the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee drafted what came to be known as its autopsy report, a sweeping critique of the party's messaging and platform that warned that, unless the party changed, "it will be increasingly difficult for Republicans to win another presidential election in the near future. In the last week alone — the GOP, at both the state and federal level, has narrowed its appeal so drastically that, at this rate, it seems quite likely that any generic, scandal-free Democrat could easily win the 2016 presidential election.

The RNC's autopsy report said the party "must embrace and champion comprehensive immigration reform" if it wants a larger share of the growing, all-important Latino vote. Legislation to provide illegal immigrants with a pathway to citizenship passed with bipartisan support in the Senate, but it was made clear last week that it has no chance in the GOP-controlled House. This is sure to only estrange Latinos further.

As David Brooks, the conservative columnist at The New York Times, recently wrote:

Before Asians, Hispanics and all the other groups can be won with economic plans, they need to feel respected and understood by the G.O.P. They need to feel that Republicans respect their ethnic and cultural identity. If Republicans reject immigration reform, that will be a giant sign of disrespect, and nothing else Republicans say will even be heard

Then there is the issue of women's rights, or what Democrats like to call the War on Women. The RNC said the GOP must develop a "forward-leaning vision for voting Republican that appeals to women" if it wants to prevent a repeat of an election that saw Obama win women voters overall by 11 points and single women by a staggering 36 points. But just last week, the Texas legislature, with full-throated support from Republican Gov. Rick Perry, passed one of the toughest abortion laws in the country, which anti-abortion groups warn could lead to the shuttering of all but four of the Lone Star State's abortion clinics.

Finally, there is the GOP's economic policies. The RNC was quite emphatic about this: "The perception, revealed in polling, that the GOP does not care about people is doing great harm to the party." And yet just this week we witnessed the House GOP strip the farm bill of food stamps for the poor, which meant that the legislation was composed almost entirely of subsidies for farmers and corporations.

f70111b798_zps119e8a4a.gif

Step one for you Republicans for 2016,

name your electable presidential candidates.

Although I don't care for Carbs ideology he makes a good and a valid point. Republicans don't have a viable candidate and I will tell you why. Libruls will elect vomit worthy candidates. It doesn't matter that Hillary literally sat and watched Americans die , refusing them help.. leftists don't care. All that matters to them is power and their objective- FASCISM. On the other hand, republicans have a base which is split between moralists and non-moralists. They argue and separate over moral issues which never stand a chance of being legislated to begin with. When you come to the realization that supporting liberty is actually supporting morality, you'll break from the status quo and let the people decide, not government or elected idiots. Republicans also support a wrong foreign policy that intervenes where we have no business in being. Afghanistan has been in Civil war just as most middle eastern countries for centuries.. We're not going to change that by sacrificing treasure and precious American blood. Let them fight and kill each other.. whatever it is they want to do and stay the hell out of it.

n the wake of President Obama's resounding victory in the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee drafted what came to be known as its autopsy report, a sweeping critique of the party's messaging and platform that warned that, unless the party changed, "it will be increasingly difficult for Republicans to win another presidential election in the near future. In the last week alone — the GOP, at both the state and federal level, has narrowed its appeal so drastically that, at this rate, it seems quite likely that any generic, scandal-free Democrat could easily win the 2016 presidential election.

The Republicans seem to believe this to be true, hence the invented "scandal-of-the-week".

The Republicans seem to believe this to be true, hence the invented "scandal-of-the-week".

Very true

But with their "Boy who cried wolf" tactics, they have lost all credibility with the public

Although I don't care for Carbs ideology he makes a good and a valid point. Republicans don't have a viable candidate and I will tell you why. Libruls will elect vomit worthy candidates. It doesn't matter that Hillary literally sat and watched Americans die , refusing them help.. leftists don't care. All that matters to them is power and their objective- FASCISM. On the other hand, republicans have a base which is split between moralists and non-moralists. They argue and separate over moral issues which never stand a chance of being legislated to begin with. When you come to the realization that supporting liberty is actually supporting morality, you'll break from the status quo and let the people decide, not government or elected idiots. Republicans also support a wrong foreign policy that intervenes where we have no business in being. Afghanistan has been in Civil war just as most middle eastern countries for centuries.. We're not going to change that by sacrificing treasure and precious American blood. Let them fight and kill each other.. whatever it is they want to do and stay the hell out of it.

We were attacked on 9/11 from Afghanistan.

We project power throughout the World as a means of keeping peace.

Without us, the World would quickly fall into one devastating war after another.

Had Britain and France done their jobs in the 1930's there would not have been a WWII.

If there is a WWIII, none of us may be around to complain about it.

People of good will, such as yourself, think with the mind of a person of good will.

Good on you. You are undoubtedly a nice person.

The rest of the world is not. There are people out there that would rape you to death and turn your children into slaves while killing your men.

They are there. They even will tell you they'll do it.

And they ain't shittin' around. They are serious.

"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." ~ Orwell via Kipling

It's real. You don't want to know what's out there. It wouldn't frighten the wits out of you

Without us, the World would quickly fall into one devastating war after another.

Had Britain and France done their jobs in the 1930's there would not have been a WWII.

People of good will, such as yourself, think with the mind of a person of good will.

The rest of the world is not. There are people out there that would rape you to death and turn your children into slaves while killing your men.

"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." ~ Orwell via Kipling

It's real. You don't want to know what's out there. It wouldn't frighten the wits out of you

Sending our military to their early graves, leaving American sons and daughters without mothers and fathers from our involvement in Afghanistan has proven what? Where's the pay out? Is it worth the blood of one American much less THOUSANDS? If it were your son, are you willing to send him to die in order to continue an agenda of WHAT EXACTLY??

Because they don't stop at the 20 week ban.

The "liberal" media reporting on the stupid things republicans say is more damaging than them saying it in the first place? Riiiiiiggghhhhttt.

Oh? Is it now at 18 or 16 weeks? I hadn't seen that. Do you have a link?

I was referring to these state laws that also seek to close all the clinics in the states. And yes, the "official" GOP platform is to seek legislation outlawing ALL abortions.

GOP Approves Strict Anti-Abortion Language in Platform

They want abortion to be held to certain standards so Gosnell-like atrocities don't continue. Why do you have a problem with that?

The official GOP platform is to treat human beings, both born and unborn, as human beings. Oh. The. Horror.

GOP Abortion plank: Faithful to the “self-evident” truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children. We oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion or fund organizations which perform or advocate it and will not fund or subsidize health care which includes abortion coverage.

FactCheck.org : Another Abortion Falsehood from Obama?s ?Truth Team?

Sending our military to their early graves, leaving American sons and daughters without mothers and fathers from our involvement in Afghanistan has proven what? Where's the pay out? Is it worth the blood of one American much less THOUSANDS? If it were your son, are you willing to send him to die in order to continue an agenda of WHAT EXACTLY??

I don't want to argue with you because I generally like you but -- Yes. I would send my Son or Daughter to fight for the greater good.

Especially since today's Armed Forces are an all-volunteer force.

There's so much to it than what you're projecting.....

There's the Debt of Honor we owe Afghanistan as well.

In Viet Nam, we promised this, we promised that, we signed treaties with the warring parties including the North Vietnamese, the Peoples' Liberation Front (PLF, aka; Viet Cong) and the South Vietnamese promising to support the South Vietnamese if the North re-invaded.

Le Duc Tho and Henry Kissinger even won Nobel Peace Prizes for the Paris Peace Accords, back when the Nobel Prize for Peace meant something. Le Duc Tho refused his.

The communists, being scumbags, never intended to keep their word.

In 1975, the communist North re-invaded South Vietnam with 17 Divisions (more than the US has had on active duty since WWII) and 900 Tanks and defeated the South in detail while.....

We did nothing. In fact, dimocrap scum even passed legislation like the Case-Church Amendment to prevent President Ford (worst Republican president ever) from sending aid to the South.

MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of people were BUTCHERED by the communist scum when they over ran South Viet Nam. Both in Viet Nam and Cambodia.

America's greatest shame. Even worse than Slavery, IMO. Much worse.

And now, people want us to pack up and leave Afghanistan (Iraq is too late, dimocraps already stabbed them in the back)....

And leave hundreds of thousands of Afghanis to their fates at the hands of angry Jihadist scum.

If we do, nobody will EVER trust the United States. Ever again. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Nothing we say, no promise, nothing we do, will mean anything.

It took us twenty years to get over Viet Nam. In Iraq I.

We stab another group of people, another Country, in the back and we're fucked. Forever and For Always.

Besides, killing terrorists is fun

I don't want to argue with you because I generally like you but -- Yes. I would send my Son or Daughter to fight for the greater good.

In Viet Nam, we promised this, we promised that, we signed treaties with the warring parties including the North Vietnamese, the Peoples' Liberation Front (PLF, aka; Viet Cong) and the South Vietnamese promising to support the South Vietnamese if the North re-invaded.

Le Duc Tho and Henry Kissinger even won Nobel Peace Prizes for the Paris Peace Accords, back when the Nobel Prize for Peace meant something. Le Duc Tho refused his.

In 1975, the communist North re-invaded South Vietnam with 17 Divisions (more than the US has had on active duty since WWII) and 900 Tanks and defeated the South in detail while.....

We did nothing. In fact, dimocrap scum even passed legislation like the Case-Church Amendment to prevent President Ford (worst Republican president ever) from sending aid to the South.

MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of people were BUTCHERED by the communist scum when they over ran South Viet Nam. Both in Viet Nam and Cambodia.

And now, people want us to pack up and leave Afghanistan (Iraq is too late, dimocraps already stabbed them in the back)....

And leave hundreds of thousands of Afghanis to their fates at the hands of angry Jihadist scum.

If we do, nobody will EVER trust the United States. Ever again. Ever. Ever. Ever.

We stab another group of people, another Country, in the back and we're fucked. Forever and For Always.

I understand honor.. My father served and so many others in my family which is why I would never support my little girl joining THIS new military used as a political talking piece in homosexuality and other experiments to include God-forsaken countries knee deep in the blood of ages from continual civil war. I'd ask you again to please list what has been accomplished with the sacrifice of Americans over in Afghanistan. Honor and valor does not mean foolishly dying for a cause with no justice, no end result, no reasoning. That's INSANITY.

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

the left won the propaganda war using the tactics of lies and deceit.

the GOP should have portrayed Obama as the racist he is

I understand honor.. My father served and so many others in my family which is why I would never support my little girl joining THIS new military used as a political talking piece in homosexuality and other experiments to include God-forsaken countries knee deep in the blood of ages from continual civil war. I'd ask you again to please list what has been accomplished with the sacrifice of Americans over in Afghanistan. Honor and valor does not mean foolishly dying for a cause with no justice, no end result, no reasoning. That's INSANITY.

No, Lady.

That's Honor.

493831780_d0beab5d61_z.jpg

No, Lady.

That's Honor.

493831780_d0beab5d61_z.jpg

I know what honor is. My father suffers today because of his sacrifice for this great nation so I don't need pictures to tell me what honor means. I asked you twice to name the pay out for American lives.. and while I respect you that doesn't answer the real question.

Forum List

Back