Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

I am still in the same boat as you. I have never voted a straight ticket and still lean Republican in local elections. The national Republican Party drove me away in the mid 90s and I have not considered going back since

It basically comes down to looking at who represents the GOP at the national level and saying......Do I want to belong to this?

The Republican brand is getting killed nationwide

Bwhahahahahaha Hahahahahahahaha :cuckoo: LOL Hahahahaha Do you think anyone believes that crap???!!!

You know those things called polls?

The things that Republicans believe are skewed against them? Well those polls are telling Republicans what America thinks about them

then why are there so many GOP majority state governors and legislatures?

HOR ?

why moan about "obstructionists" if the GOP is dead?

ssdd for rightloon

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

the left won the propaganda war using the tactics of lies and deceit.

the GOP should have portrayed Obama as the racist he is

God knows they tried...

But Republican smears against Obama were so amateurish that the public just scoffed at them

Bwhahahahahaha Hahahahahahahaha :cuckoo: LOL Hahahahaha Do you think anyone believes that crap???!!!

The things that Republicans believe are skewed against them? Well those polls are telling Republicans what America thinks about them

HOR ?

ssdd for rightloon

Localized politics that works against them at the national level

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

God knows they tried...

But Republican smears against Obama were so amateurish that the public just scoffed at them

the problem is the GOP actually took the high road compared the the dims

video/audio of "typical white person"

"the cops acted stupidly"

rev Wright should have been aired 24/7

HOR ?

ssdd for rightloon

Localized politics that works against them at the national level

why whine then?

funny how the dem/libs are moaning about the demise of the GOP. These idiots would prefer a one party dictatorship to a system where all viewpoints get air time.

They are so stupid that they support our pravda-like biased media.

be careful what you wish for libtards.

What has been accomplished by the deaths of American heroes in Afghanistan?

I told you.

I can only speak, I can't make you listen.

I'm done on this topic. Have a good one :)

Don't run from the truth.. there's nothing conservative about that. It's the leftist way. You have to confront the absolute truth about this FAILED GOVERNMENT'S foreign policy and it starts by asking the hard question: What was accomplished through the sacrifice of American fathers, sons, daughters, mothers in Afghanistan?? You never answered because nothing was accomplished except pain and people never seeing their children grow up.. I will never support that and call it HONOR and while I honor them and their great sacrifice, I will never support the policy of expendable American deaths.

funny how the dem/libs are moaning about the demise of the GOP. These idiots would prefer a one party dictatorship to a system where all viewpoints get air time.

Nobody is demised. That theme is regurgitated every time they have a dem prez in the WH, but the next time it changes, or they get shellacking and every libtard can't fathom WHY.

let them live in their bubble.

The only lesson to be learned from the left is a uniformity in voting against the other candidate. We loose because of the stupid people who won't downgrade themselves to vote for this particular one, becasue he is not pure enough.

Politics by intimidation or just friendly advice? Democrat Chucky Schumer promised riots and street violence if criminals who are illegally in the Country weren't offered a path to citizenship. The desperate left claims that republicans will lose the mid-term election if criminals who are illegally in the Country aren't offered a path to citizenship. Any time the left offers free advice to republicans about how to win an election you know they are in deep doo-doo and they know the crap they want to enact into law isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

I would like to see a return of the old Republican Party that I could vote for

So would most moderates

I would like to see a return of the old Republican Party that I could vote for

So would most moderates

What is a moderate? Someone with no core values or a republican who agrees with everything democrats stand for?

God knows they tried...

the problem is the GOP actually took the high road compared the the dims

video/audio of "typical white person"

"the cops acted stupidly"

rev Wright should have been aired 24/7

Rev Wright was one of those amateurish smears that go nowhere with the electorate. So were birth certificates, Michelle is not proud of America, Obama hates America, Obama is not a "Real American" and countless others

What has been accomplished by the deaths of American heroes in Afghanistan?

I told you.

I can only speak, I can't make you listen.

I'm done on this topic. Have a good one :)

Don't run from the truth.. there's nothing conservative about that. It's the leftist way. You have to confront the absolute truth about this FAILED GOVERNMENT'S foreign policy and it starts by asking the hard question: What was accomplished through the sacrifice of American fathers, sons, daughters, mothers in Afghanistan?? You never answered because nothing was accomplished except pain and people never seeing their children grow up.. I will never support that and call it HONOR and while I honor them and their great sacrifice, I will never support the policy of expendable American deaths.

Last one. Call it an encore.

What will be accomplished by withdrawing from the War?

Will it bring back the dead? Will it cause the wounded and maimed to heal?

No. What it will do is cause the families of the men and women who died to think their Sons, Daughters, Husbands, Wives, Sisters and Brothers died for....

Nothing.

Maybe the Stuttering Clusterfukk can send them all a note, "Please accept a sincere and heartfelt 'oopsie'"

IOW, sucks to be you.

I'm sure the men and women missing limbs, blinded and suffering through life every day won't mind. "Hey guys and gals! Your sacrifices in Asscrackistan? Don't mean shit. Here's a quarter, call someone who gives a fuck."

So we're going to tell brave men and women, the families of dead heroes and heroines, that their sacrifice was all just a big mistake?

Is that it?

They didn't ASK to go to Afghanistan. At least, the sane ones didn't. They were ordered to go there, they saluted and said, "Yes, Sir!" and they went.

Now you want to tell them to take a chill pill?

Why? It's almost over anyway. The real fighting is almost done. And you want to run off and pretend none of it ever happened?

Why?

Most of the Afghanis didn't ask to have American Troops walking all over them, bombing their Villages, sending drones after their crazy Uncle Ahmed, killing their goats and telling their daughters to go to school and get an education.

Know what's going to happen to those girls when American Troops are gone? Know what happens to them a lot of times now?

Talk about heroes. Some of us could learn a lesson about bravery from those young girls who risk their lives going to school.

Point is this... Maybe we shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan. Or Iraq. Or Viet Nam. Or.... Wherever.

But we did. Nothing you say, nothing you do can change that. Nothing.

Now we need to concern ourselves about the tragedies that will occur if we pull out and leave these people, undefended, to fend for themselves.

THAT is the opposite of Honor.

What they want to talk about is what is killing them...abortion, gay rights, minorities...

I would vote Republican in a NY minute if they really really really focused on less government, cutting taxes, spending less...the fiscal conservativism. But no one believes they really want that and they've done NOTHING to convince people that they do.

It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:
The further they move to the right, the larger the left becomes. Keep it up. The left doesn't have to do much to win because the right's doing it for them.

What they want to talk about is what is killing them...abortion, gay rights, minorities...

I would vote Republican in a NY minute if they really really really focused on less government, cutting taxes, spending less...the fiscal conservativism. But no one believes they really want that and they've done NOTHING to convince people that they do.

That is where Democrats are killing Republicans

If Republicans stick to their small government, fair taxes, compassionate conservative selves they would draw the moderates and independents

Democrats know all they have to do is get Republicans talking about Guns, Gays, God and Abortion and they have the election won

Forum List

Back