Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

What is a moderate? Someone with no core values or a republican who agrees with everything democrats stand for?

Actually, a moderate has political views that cross multiple spectrums

A moderate can believe in balancing a budget with both spending cuts and tax increases
A moderate can be socially liberal and fiscally conservative
A moderate can support social programs and be strong on defense

The republican shift to the right and insistence on strict adherence to core conservative values have left moderates with no other option but middle/left candidates because there is no middle/right

What a load of CRAP. If LIBERALS truly supported CHOICE they would allow the people to decide, right? Pro-choice isn't what liberals determine as to their belief system.. Pro-choice is actually about the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE.. Throw it to the States and allow the people to choose.. then respect that decision. Liberalism is predicated upon a false premise of choice.. ITS ANYTHING BUT..

liberalism: Our way or the highway... from what you can drink, what can you eat, etc

thats far left liberalism.....

Our way or the highway. thats far right bullshit....

I told you.

I can only speak, I can't make you listen.

I'm done on this topic. Have a good one :)

Don't run from the truth.. there's nothing conservative about that. It's the leftist way. You have to confront the absolute truth about this FAILED GOVERNMENT'S foreign policy and it starts by asking the hard question: What was accomplished through the sacrifice of American fathers, sons, daughters, mothers in Afghanistan?? You never answered because nothing was accomplished except pain and people never seeing their children grow up.. I will never support that and call it HONOR and while I honor them and their great sacrifice, I will never support the policy of expendable American deaths.

Last one. Call it an encore.

What will be accomplished by withdrawing from the War?

Will it bring back the dead? Will it cause the wounded and maimed to heal?

No. What it will do is cause the families of the men and women who died to think their Sons, Daughters, Husbands, Wives, Sisters and Brothers died for....

Nothing.

Maybe the Stuttering Clusterfukk can send them all a note, "Please accept a sincere and heartfelt 'oopsie'"

IOW, sucks to be you.

I'm sure the men and women missing limbs, blinded and suffering through life every day won't mind. "Hey guys and gals! Your sacrifices in Asscrackistan? Don't mean shit. Here's a quarter, call someone who gives a fuck."

So we're going to tell brave men and women, the families of dead heroes and heroines, that their sacrifice was all just a big mistake?

Is that it?

They didn't ASK to go to Afghanistan. At least, the sane ones didn't. They were ordered to go there, they saluted and said, "Yes, Sir!" and they went.

Now you want to tell them to take a chill pill?

Why? It's almost over anyway. The real fighting is almost done. And you want to run off and pretend none of it ever happened?

Why?

Most of the Afghanis didn't ask to have American Troops walking all over them, bombing their Villages, sending drones after their crazy Uncle Ahmed, killing their goats and telling their daughters to go to school and get an education.

Know what's going to happen to those girls when American Troops are gone? Know what happens to them a lot of times now?

Talk about heroes. Some of us could learn a lesson about bravery from those young girls who risk their lives going to school.

Point is this... Maybe we shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan. Or Iraq. Or Viet Nam. Or.... Wherever.

But we did. Nothing you say, nothing you do can change that. Nothing.

Now we need to concern ourselves about the tragedies that will occur if we pull out and leave these people, undefended, to fend for themselves.

THAT is the opposite of Honor.
Sorry, but I don't follow your logic. If remaining in a military campaign is a mistake, does it make sense to continue it for the sake of those who have lost life and limb? I'm not saying I believe the war is a mistake. I'm just pointing out that you don't honor the falling by continuing to fight a war that no longer needed to be fought. We made that tragic mistake in Viet Nam. We should not do it again.

The GOP is for comprehensive immigration reform. Securing the borders must come first before anything else can happen. Otherwise, illegals will just continue to pour in. The Dems poo poo border security. Of course the Latino's think the Dems are wonderful for this. The GOP wants to do the right thing; the Dems just want the votes and the hell with actually fixing the problem.

The "War on Women" is made up crap by the Dems. "Forward-leaning vision for voting Republican that appeals to women". Translation: just accept abortion on demand and stfu. lol NO. Gee, with Dems loving regulations so, why aren't they behind Texas' limit on abortion at the 20 week mark? Especially when the majority of the public approves this? "Forward-leaning" ... MSNBC-speak at it's finest.

"The perception, revealed in polling, that the GOP does not care about people is doing great harm to the party." Yes, the Dems (with the always helpful media!) have done quite a good job portraying the GOP as haters of the poor and lovers of the rich.

Awk, awk, Polly want a cracker.

I was referring to these state laws that also seek to close all the clinics in the states. And yes, the "official" GOP platform is to seek legislation outlawing ALL abortions.

GOP Approves Strict Anti-Abortion Language in Platform

This is rich.. A lesbian obsessed with slaughtering kids.. She can't have one so why should she care if anyone else does?!

I believe Seawytch has children...as do I. And we're married too. (not to each other, of course)

I was referring to procreation. Unless I missed something, two women having sexual relations cannot conceive which was my point. As to your lifestyle, fly away.. I don't honestly care..just stop imposing your beliefs on others.. if you believe in true choice, give it to the States and honor their voice.. otherwise STFU

It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:

you look at too many polls Wytch.....how many Democrats in this State said they were for gay marriage until they voted yes on Prop 8?....

I don't know, do you? The fact is the Catholic vote was probably the largest group of Democrats to support Prop. 8; one reason why the church of my youth ought to start paying property taxes.

This is rich.. A lesbian obsessed with slaughtering kids.. She can't have one so why should she care if anyone else does?!

I believe Seawytch has children...as do I. And we're married too. (not to each other, of course)

I was referring to procreation. Unless I missed something, two women having sexual relations cannot conceive which was my point. As to your lifestyle, fly away.. I don't honestly care..just stop imposing your beliefs on others.. if you believe in true choice, give it to the States and honor their voice.. otherwise STFU

"just stop imposing your beliefs on others.." Oh the irony.

Q. How does one spell LGS?

A. F'n H I P O C R I T E

YO, wry.

Do you want a dictatorial liberal government with no opposition party? that seems to be what you are calling for.

how did that work out in Cuba, north Korea, the soviet union, venezuela, egypt, Syria, Greece, Portugal, Spain?? Hmmmmm?

It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:

you look at too many polls Wytch.....how many Democrats in this State said they were for gay marriage until they voted yes on Prop 8?....

Prop 8 would never pass again. It did pass, yes. But never again.

How many would vote the same today?

I know of a few who have admitted to me that they voted "yes" and regret their votes.

When reasonable democrats say "I'd be a republican ...but" they are really saying "I can't defend the policies of the current administration but peer pressure causes me to be pro-abortion even though I have no idea why I should promote the killing of full term infants".

Here's how I see it, Whitehall.

Republicans: Big Government.....Social Conservative crazy

Democrats: Big Government....Socially Liberal.

Right now...two strikes for the Republicans.....one strike for the Democrats.

If the Republicans would go small government/fiscally conservative FOR REAL....now there would be an actual choice for me to make.

"just stop imposing your beliefs on others.." Oh the irony.

Q. How does one spell LGS?

A. F'n H I P O C R I T E

Poor baby.. Show me what I am imposing on you? Don't throw temper tantrums because your argument is shown to be nothing more than tyrannical.. I support CHOICE.. the freedom to choose.. even in Texas.. let the people decide. What do you support?

So, you don't want me to have the right to speak my mind on this matter?

Someone above wrote: "dimocraps are slimey, dishonest, untrustworthy, unreliable, untruthful...And in a short-term campaign, that makes them VERY difficult to beat if all you got is truth, honesty and good will. Especially when the dimocraps have the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM lying for them a hundred times a day."

As is the poster's approach above lacking in decency and dignity, which should be Republican values. We GOP will do well when we stay away from the nonsense of the far right reactionaries, such as above, and certain of the libertarian wings. America is generally right of center but not far reactionary right, and thus candidates like Christie and Huntsman will be very, very appealing.

Last edited:
When reasonable democrats say "I'd be a republican ...but" they are really saying "I can't defend the policies of the current administration but peer pressure causes me to be pro-abortion even though I have no idea why I should promote the killing of full term infants".

Here's how I see it, Whitehall.

Republicans: Big Government.....Social Conservative crazy

Democrats: Big Government....Socially Liberal.

Right now...two strikes for the Republicans.....one strike for the Democrats.

If the Republicans would go small government/fiscally conservative FOR REAL....now there would be an actual choice for me to make.

neither party should take sides in social issues, those should be left to the states and local governments. I do agree that we need a party devoted to small fiscally conservative government.

So, you don't want me to have the right to speak my mind on this matter?

Bod, you're afforded the right to speak your mind as you do every single day.. What you're not allowed to do is to impose your beliefs on an entire country. So which is it? Do you support CHOICE?

Redfish, I agree that we should cut down government tremendously, slicing down defense (offends neo-cons), reforming entitlement programs (offends more than 50% of the population), and stop subsidizing Big Business ( offends the corporate fascists).

This is getting so old. Every time a republican becomes president it's the end of the democratic party. Every time a democrat wins it's the end of the republican party. It's always the same hyperbole. It's always the same magazine covers and newspaper headlines. This country is a pendulum that swings left and right depending on the issues and concerns of the day. The only thing that doesn't change in the world of politics is the talking points about imminent doom concerning the party not in the white house.

Redfish, I agree that we should cut down government tremendously, slicing down defense (offends neo-cons), reforming entitlement programs (offends more than 50% of the population), and stop subsidizing Big Business ( offends the corporate fascists).

we are almost in agreement. but lets take each of them

defense spending creates american blue collar jobs, those people build ships, planes, tanks, guns, ammo, uniforms, boots etc if you cut defense you destroy a lot of jobs.

reforming entitlements----I think everyone agrees with that, but its usually "cut yours not mine"

subsidizing big business----if you are referring to tax deductions and credits--yes we need a simpler tax code. but tax credits are not subsidies. Subsidies are when the govt pays farmers to NOT grow crops in order to artifically keep prices up--do you support that?

Forum List

Back