Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:

you look at too many polls Wytch.....how many Democrats in this State said they were for gay marriage until they voted yes on Prop 8?....

I don't know, do you? The fact is the Catholic vote was probably the largest group of Democrats to support Prop. 8; one reason why the church of my youth ought to start paying property taxes.

A lot of the independent "big box" churches paid for and handed out "Yes on 8" signs to parishoners on Sundays and had them stand on busy street corners (with their young children) waving their signs in place of church services.

I was referring to procreation. Unless I missed something, two women having sexual relations cannot conceive which was my point. As to your lifestyle, fly away.. I don't honestly care..just stop imposing your beliefs on others.. if you believe in true choice, give it to the States and honor their voice.. otherwise STFU

So, you don't want me to have the right to speak my mind on this matter?

Bod, you're afforded the right to speak your mind as you do every single day.. What you're not allowed to do is to impose your beliefs on an entire country. So which is it? Do you support CHOICE?

Then why did you tell me to STFU?

you look at too many polls Wytch.....how many Democrats in this State said they were for gay marriage until they voted yes on Prop 8?....

I don't know, do you? The fact is the Catholic vote was probably the largest group of Democrats to support Prop. 8; one reason why the church of my youth ought to start paying property taxes.

A lot of the independent "big box" churches paid for and handed out "Yes on 8" signs to parishoners on Sundays and had them stand on busy street corners (with their young children) waving their signs in place of church services.

are churches not allowed to take a stand on social issues? The reverands Sharpton, Jackson, and Wright certainly did and do.

are churches not allowed to take a stand on social issues? The reverands Sharpton, Jackson, and Wright certainly did and do.

They are...I never said they weren't allowed to. But, now that people here got a good look at what went on.....Prop H8 or its like will never pass here again.

Let me add....assume you are a member of a church....you go to service...get handed a sign and told to go stand on a street corner WITH your kids, instead of church service. You gonna say no? You gonna go with peer pressure?

Last edited:
So, you don't want me to have the right to speak my mind on this matter?

Bod, you're afforded the right to speak your mind as you do every single day.. What you're not allowed to do is to impose your beliefs on an entire country. So which is it? Do you support CHOICE?

Then why did you tell me to STFU?
Answer the question Bod.. do you support CHOICE or not? Or do you support to have YOUR choice forced upon everyone? Which is it?

Redfish, I agree that we should cut down government tremendously, slicing down defense (offends neo-cons), reforming entitlement programs (offends more than 50% of the population), and stop subsidizing Big Business ( offends the corporate fascists).

we are almost in agreement. but lets take each of them

defense spending creates american blue collar jobs, those people build ships, planes, tanks, guns, ammo, uniforms, boots etc if you cut defense you destroy a lot of jobs.

reforming entitlements----I think everyone agrees with that, but its usually "cut yours not mine"

subsidizing big business----if you are referring to tax deductions and credits--yes we need a simpler tax code. but tax credits are not subsidies. Subsidies are when the govt pays farmers to NOT grow crops in order to artifically keep prices up--do you support that?

If you want government to subsidize the defense industry, I disagree. Let's have it help out energy development further, and I mean fossil fuels as well as alternative fuels. Those jobs will be good paying one, and we will all benefit.

"How to" reform entitlements: I don't have a clue.

Tax credits need to be scrutinized carefully. I agree farm subsidies have to be ended.

Yes, we need a simpler tax code.

Libruls demand the government to enforce their belief system and not only that, they demand Americans hard earned money to pay for their choices like abortion. What's pro-choice about that?

LGS is a right wing progressive statist who wants to force all mothers to carry their fetuses to birth, no choice.

LGS is a Big Government Girl.

They are...I never said they weren't allowed to. But, now that people here got a good look at what went on.....Prop H8 or its like will never pass here again.

Let me add....assume you are a member of a church....you go to service...get handed a sign and told to go stand on a street corner WITH your kids, instead of church service. You gonna say no? You gonna go with peer pressure?

the people of CA voted down gay marriage twice. the court overruled the will of the people.

regardless of the subject of the vote, that is wrong.

Libruls demand the government to enforce their belief system and not only that, they demand Americans hard earned money to pay for their choices like abortion. What's pro-choice about that?

How do your taxes pay for abortion?

the people of CA voted down gay marriage twice. the court overruled the will of the people.

Thats why we have courts....

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for supper

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

While this does not depict all Republicans and conservatives, there are a great many of them who make it clear that if you are moderate or liberal or a Democrat, then you are un-American. I see it on here all the time, even with some moderate Republicans like JakeStarkey. All the time they call him a liberal statist piece of crap because he is not a real conservative.

These idiots have done everything possible to reduce the appeal of the Republican Party to only the very few small minded like themselves.

SCOTUS says differently, that the majority does not get to deprive a minority of a right.

Redfish, I agree that we should cut down government tremendously, slicing down defense (offends neo-cons), reforming entitlement programs (offends more than 50% of the population), and stop subsidizing Big Business ( offends the corporate fascists).

we are almost in agreement. but lets take each of them

defense spending creates american blue collar jobs, those people build ships, planes, tanks, guns, ammo, uniforms, boots etc if you cut defense you destroy a lot of jobs.

reforming entitlements----I think everyone agrees with that, but its usually "cut yours not mine"

subsidizing big business----if you are referring to tax deductions and credits--yes we need a simpler tax code. but tax credits are not subsidies. Subsidies are when the govt pays farmers to NOT grow crops in order to artifically keep prices up--do you support that?

If you want government to subsidize the defense industry, I disagree. Let's have it help out energy development further, and I mean fossil fuels as well as alternative fuels. Those jobs will be good paying one, and we will all benefit.

"How to" reform entitlements: I don't have a clue.

Tax credits need to be scrutinized carefully. I agree farm subsidies have to be ended.

Yes, we need a simpler tax code.

wow, almost there. some defense jobs could be converted to infrastructure jobs, but that does not save any money. its a tough call. we need a strong military, but we don't need bases all over the world.

I say tell the host country we will keep our bases in your country if, and only if, you pay the entire cost of the base. otherwise we close the base and bring our people and our stuff home.

It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:

actually the GOP is doing OK in most states

win two presidential elections and it goes to your pointy little heads

The GOP does well where they have gerrymandered themselves into safety. The last election showed us that one million more voters voted for Dems than Repubs.

Republicans Can’t Claim Mandate as Democrats Top House Vote

2016 could be very ugly for Republicans. If the economy continues to improve and actually picks up the pace, and if Obamacare is not nearly as bad as we have been told it will be, and if Hillary is running against Rand Paul and has Julian Castro on the ticket, Texas could go blue, and Republicans could lose the House, and it could turn into a massive landslide election for Democrats. Now, that is a lot of speculation, but it certainly isn't all that far fetched either.

SCOTUS says differently, that the majority does not get to deprive a minority of a right.

we have been down this road before, can you please quite the language in the constitution that deems gay marriage a RIGHT?

The GOP does well where they have gerrymandered themselves into safety. The last election showed us that one million more voters voted for Dems than Repubs.

2016 could be very ugly for Republicans. If the economy continues to improve and actually picks up the pace, and if Obamacare is not nearly as bad as we have been told it will be, and if Hillary is running against Rand Paul and has Julian Castro on the ticket, Texas could go blue, and Republicans could lose the House, and it could turn into a massive landslide election for Democrats. Now, that is a lot of speculation, but it certainly isn't all that far fetched either.

do you think that one party control over the entire government would be good or bad? before you answer, assume that the GOP was the party in control.

Not really....

In the poll that matters, Electoral College, Republicans are taking a pounding

More battleground states are leaning decidedly blue. If Florida goes blue, Republicans will never win another Presidential election

Just wait until Texas goes blue.

Not really....

In the poll that matters, Electoral College, Republicans are taking a pounding

More battleground states are leaning decidedly blue. If Florida goes blue, Republicans will never win another Presidential election

Just wait until Texas goes blue.

Texas is more likely to secede than it is to go dem/lib

do you think that one party control over the entire government would be good or bad? before you answer, assume that the GOP was the party in control.

It is the GOP that is ceding control to the Democrats........do you want to reward the bad choices of Republicans?

Forum List

Back