Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

Libruls demand the government to enforce their belief system and not only that, they demand Americans hard earned money to pay for their choices like abortion. What's pro-choice about that?

How do your taxes pay for abortion?

Lawmakers ask if taxes fund abortion; Planned Parenthood targeted in inquiry - Washington Times

No one should support tax payer funded abortions any more than Churches demanding tax payer funded Christian ideology and beliefs. You cannot have it both ways.

The GOP does well where they have gerrymandered themselves into safety. The last election showed us that one million more voters voted for Dems than Repubs.

Republicans Can’t Claim Mandate as Democrats Top House Vote

2016 could be very ugly for Republicans. If the economy continues to improve and actually picks up the pace, and if Obamacare is not nearly as bad as we have been told it will be, and if Hillary is running against Rand Paul and has Julian Castro on the ticket, Texas could go blue, and Republicans could lose the House, and it could turn into a massive landslide election for Democrats. Now, that is a lot of speculation, but it certainly isn't all that far fetched either.

do you think that one party control over the entire government would be good or bad? before you answer, assume that the GOP was the party in control.

I don't believe one party control is good regardless of which party is in control. That being said, Republicans have done nothing to promote a positive agenda or even tried to work with Democrats on anything. Their only agenda is to not allow the Dems to accomplish anything. In all my life, I have never seen a Congress so ineffective in accomplishing anything, and that falls on the Republicans. At this point, the only thing that will change this is either the Republicans winning the Presidency and the Senate along with the House (which aint' a happenin anytime soon), or getting their asses handed to them so badly that they will be forced to lick their wounds and start opening up to more moderate Republicans. Getting more conservative is not the answer, and here is the proof to that. Conservatives always use Ronald Reagan as their model, but reasonable people understand that today's conservatives are not at all represented by Reagan, other than in their most basic ideology. Reagan was a conservative but also a pragmatist. Pragmatism no longer exists within the Republican Party today, and that is the real problem.

YO, wry.

Do you want a dictatorial liberal government with no opposition party? that seems to be what you are calling for.

how did that work out in Cuba, north Korea, the soviet union, venezuela, egypt, Syria, Greece, Portugal, Spain?? Hmmmmm?

Would you like a match or lighter to ignite your straw man? Tom Delay, remember him, was the one who worked for a continuing Republican Majority and notice how the H. of Rep. Gerrymandered after they became the majority?

Have you noticed how the Red States also carved out safe districts for Republicans and now that the GOP (nothing grand about it today) has begun to: make obtaining proper (as they define it) ID to vote more difficult and expensive; making women jump through hoops to exercise their rights under Roe v. Wade; suppressing the right of workers to unionize?

If any party is to be aligned with those you posted it is the Republican Party.

2016 could be very ugly for Republicans. If the economy continues to improve and actually picks up the pace, and if Obamacare is not nearly as bad as we have been told it will be, and if Hillary is running against Rand Paul and has Julian Castro on the ticket, Texas could go blue, and Republicans could lose the House, and it could turn into a massive landslide election for Democrats. Now, that is a lot of speculation, but it certainly isn't all that far fetched either.

do you think that one party control over the entire government would be good or bad? before you answer, assume that the GOP was the party in control.

I don't believe one party control is good regardless of which party is in control. That being said, Republicans have done nothing to promote a positive agenda or even tried to work with Democrats on anything. Their only agenda is to not allow the Dems to accomplish anything. In all my life, I have never seen a Congress so ineffective in accomplishing anything, and that falls on the Republicans. At this point, the only thing that will change this is either the Republicans winning the Presidency and the Senate along with the House (which aint' a happenin anytime soon), or getting their asses handed to them so badly that they will be forced to lick their wounds and start opening up to more moderate Republicans. Getting more conservative is not the answer, and here is the proof to that. Conservatives always use Ronald Reagan as their model, but reasonable people understand that today's conservatives are not at all represented by Reagan, other than in their most basic ideology. Reagan was a conservative but also a pragmatist. Pragmatism no longer exists within the Republican Party today, and that is the real problem.

Spot on!

we are almost in agreement. but lets take each of them

defense spending creates american blue collar jobs, those people build ships, planes, tanks, guns, ammo, uniforms, boots etc if you cut defense you destroy a lot of jobs.

reforming entitlements----I think everyone agrees with that, but its usually "cut yours not mine"

subsidizing big business----if you are referring to tax deductions and credits--yes we need a simpler tax code. but tax credits are not subsidies. Subsidies are when the govt pays farmers to NOT grow crops in order to artifically keep prices up--do you support that?

If you want government to subsidize the defense industry, I disagree. Let's have it help out energy development further, and I mean fossil fuels as well as alternative fuels. Those jobs will be good paying one, and we will all benefit.

"How to" reform entitlements: I don't have a clue.

Tax credits need to be scrutinized carefully. I agree farm subsidies have to be ended.

Yes, we need a simpler tax code.

wow, almost there. some defense jobs could be converted to infrastructure jobs, but that does not save any money. its a tough call. we need a strong military, but we don't need bases all over the world.

I say tell the host country we will keep our bases in your country if, and only if, you pay the entire cost of the base. otherwise we close the base and bring our people and our stuff home.

I don't often agree with you, but you hit the nail on the head with this. I've been saying this for years.

Libruls demand the government to enforce their belief system and not only that, they demand Americans hard earned money to pay for their choices like abortion. What's pro-choice about that?

How do your taxes pay for abortion?

Lawmakers ask if taxes fund abortion; Planned Parenthood targeted in inquiry - Washington Times

No one should support tax payer funded abortions any more than Churches demanding tax payer funded Christian ideology and beliefs. You cannot have it both ways.

Got anything other than The Washington Times? I'd rather read The National Enquirer

No left winger ever gives advice to republicans about the right election strategy so what are we to make of the claim that republicans might lose the mid term election if they don't support amnesty? The left is in a bind and the only thing they have left is a cheap shot at intimidation.

YO, wry.

Do you want a dictatorial liberal government with no opposition party? that seems to be what you are calling for.

how did that work out in Cuba, north Korea, the soviet union, venezuela, egypt, Syria, Greece, Portugal, Spain?? Hmmmmm?

Would you like a match or lighter to ignite your straw man? Tom Delay, remember him, was the one who worked for a continuing Republican Majority and notice how the H. of Rep. Gerrymandered after they became the majority?

Have you noticed how the Red States also carved out safe districts for Republicans and now that the GOP (nothing grand about it today) has begun to: make obtaining proper (as they define it) ID to vote more difficult and expensive; making women jump through hoops to exercise their rights under Roe v. Wade; suppressing the right of workers to unionize?

If any party is to be aligned with those you posted it is the Republican Party.

both parties have their share of idiots, liars, and corrupt bastards. That was not my question.

Do you on the left think it would be good if one party controlled every branch of government? yes or no.

No left winger ever gives advice to republicans about the right election strategy so what are we to make of the claim that republicans might lose the mid term election if they don't support amnesty? The left is in a bind and the only thing they have left is a cheap shot at intimidation.

That suggestion came from the Republican National Committee not from the left

the GOP led house has passed several budget bills, Reid has refused to let a single one get to the floor of the senate or debate or a vote.

The democrats passed obamacare with no open debate, no republican amendments allowed to be voted on. and did it in the middle of the night on Christmas eve.

your claim that only the GOP is playing dirty, is totally wrong.

the GOP led house has passed several budget bills, Reid has refused to let a single one get to the floor of the senate or debate or a vote.

The democrats passed obamacare with no open debate, no republican amendments allowed to be voted on. and did it in the middle of the night on Christmas eve.

your claim that only the GOP is playing dirty, is totally wrong.

Obamacare was openly debated for a year....it was Republicans who refused to play the game
Obamacare was formally passed on March 23 2010 to much fanfare......hardly middle of the night on Christmas Eve

Which Republican amendments were refused other than "Tear it up and start over"?

Last edited:
Oh? Is it now at 18 or 16 weeks? I hadn't seen that. Do you have a link?

I was referring to these state laws that also seek to close all the clinics in the states. And yes, the "official" GOP platform is to seek legislation outlawing ALL abortions.

GOP Approves Strict Anti-Abortion Language in Platform

This is rich.. A lesbian obsessed with slaughtering kids.. She can't have one so why should she care if anyone else does?!

Dumb fuck, I've had five.

Are Republicans trying to lose the 2016 presidential race? - The Week

n the wake of President Obama's resounding victory in the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee drafted what came to be known as its autopsy report, a sweeping critique of the party's messaging and platform that warned that, unless the party changed, "it will be increasingly difficult for Republicans to win another presidential election in the near future. In the last week alone — the GOP, at both the state and federal level, has narrowed its appeal so drastically that, at this rate, it seems quite likely that any generic, scandal-free Democrat could easily win the 2016 presidential election.

The RNC's autopsy report said the party "must embrace and champion comprehensive immigration reform" if it wants a larger share of the growing, all-important Latino vote. Legislation to provide illegal immigrants with a pathway to citizenship passed with bipartisan support in the Senate, but it was made clear last week that it has no chance in the GOP-controlled House. This is sure to only estrange Latinos further.

As David Brooks, the conservative columnist at The New York Times, recently wrote:

Before Asians, Hispanics and all the other groups can be won with economic plans, they need to feel respected and understood by the G.O.P. They need to feel that Republicans respect their ethnic and cultural identity. If Republicans reject immigration reform, that will be a giant sign of disrespect, and nothing else Republicans say will even be heard

Then there is the issue of women's rights, or what Democrats like to call the War on Women. The RNC said the GOP must develop a "forward-leaning vision for voting Republican that appeals to women" if it wants to prevent a repeat of an election that saw Obama win women voters overall by 11 points and single women by a staggering 36 points. But just last week, the Texas legislature, with full-throated support from Republican Gov. Rick Perry, passed one of the toughest abortion laws in the country, which anti-abortion groups warn could lead to the shuttering of all but four of the Lone Star State's abortion clinics.

Finally, there is the GOP's economic policies. The RNC was quite emphatic about this: "The perception, revealed in polling, that the GOP does not care about people is doing great harm to the party." And yet just this week we witnessed the House GOP strip the farm bill of food stamps for the poor, which meant that the legislation was composed almost entirely of subsidies for farmers and corporations.

David Brooks is not a conservative -- not even close. He's so conservative he supported Obama for President -- twice.

He is the New York Times' equivalent of the old concept of the token black -- they feel they have to have something around to maintain credibility so they have him and try to pawn him off as a conservative and he is nothing of the sort.

Are Republicans trying to lose the 2016 presidential race? - The Week

n the wake of President Obama's resounding victory in the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee drafted what came to be known as its autopsy report, a sweeping critique of the party's messaging and platform that warned that, unless the party changed, "it will be increasingly difficult for Republicans to win another presidential election in the near future. In the last week alone — the GOP, at both the state and federal level, has narrowed its appeal so drastically that, at this rate, it seems quite likely that any generic, scandal-free Democrat could easily win the 2016 presidential election.

The RNC's autopsy report said the party "must embrace and champion comprehensive immigration reform" if it wants a larger share of the growing, all-important Latino vote. Legislation to provide illegal immigrants with a pathway to citizenship passed with bipartisan support in the Senate, but it was made clear last week that it has no chance in the GOP-controlled House. This is sure to only estrange Latinos further.

As David Brooks, the conservative columnist at The New York Times, recently wrote:

Before Asians, Hispanics and all the other groups can be won with economic plans, they need to feel respected and understood by the G.O.P. They need to feel that Republicans respect their ethnic and cultural identity. If Republicans reject immigration reform, that will be a giant sign of disrespect, and nothing else Republicans say will even be heard

Then there is the issue of women's rights, or what Democrats like to call the War on Women. The RNC said the GOP must develop a "forward-leaning vision for voting Republican that appeals to women" if it wants to prevent a repeat of an election that saw Obama win women voters overall by 11 points and single women by a staggering 36 points. But just last week, the Texas legislature, with full-throated support from Republican Gov. Rick Perry, passed one of the toughest abortion laws in the country, which anti-abortion groups warn could lead to the shuttering of all but four of the Lone Star State's abortion clinics.

Finally, there is the GOP's economic policies. The RNC was quite emphatic about this: "The perception, revealed in polling, that the GOP does not care about people is doing great harm to the party." And yet just this week we witnessed the House GOP strip the farm bill of food stamps for the poor, which meant that the legislation was composed almost entirely of subsidies for farmers and corporations.

I think they actually have a plan. Rubio, Christie and Jeb all favor an amnesty of sorts. Rand Paul even has signed on. I don't see bird brain Perry doing much. Now whether having a candidat who isn't spouting racial hatred will help given that the gop house has pretty much decided no bill is better than any bill.

I live in a community of fairly well to do retired white people from the upper Midwest. It is about as red as a community can get. I have been here for about three years, and I noticed after a year or two that these folks are so conhesively red, that they honestly do not realize that they are in a national minority. Tucson is about 30 miles away, but it is blue, and it might as well be on the moon, as far as my community is concerned. They do not even KNOW a democrat. Since they all reinforce each other's right wing paranoiia, they honestly do not know why they are losing national elections. They tend to blame it on some sort of invisable network of illegal immigrants, gays, and welfare queens, all of whom live somewhere else that is undefined.

So, is the GOP trying to lose elections? No. They simply have become so incestuous and inbread that they no longer live in greater America. Their world ends at the gate that guards the entrence to their nieghborhood. They have no reason whatsover to deal with young women of child bearing age, Hispanics, immigrants, illegal or not, or any non-white, much less having to rub elbows with people that don't have a Summer home in the upper Midwest, and a Winter home in Southern AZ

I have to live with these people, so I refuse to talk politics with them. However, it is very difficult for me to keep a straight face when they all start tuning up at the Elks club after their second highball about all the leaches that are ruining America!

Last edited:
Its not the party losing the elections its the idiots they pick to run for president that are losing...I mean seriously a professional flip flopper is your candidate? What a joke.

It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:

you look at too many polls Wytch.....how many Democrats in this State said they were for gay marriage until they voted yes on Prop 8?....

Prop 8 would never pass again. It did pass, yes. But never again.

like i said earlier Bo.....if your fellow Democrats say they are with you.....you had better watch them mark the ballet......its still around 50/50....and like i said many who were coming to your way of thinking are pissed that it is now court ordered.....i dont understand how some people think having something that was progressing your way naturally.....is now better that it is being forced upon you.....

you look at too many polls Wytch.....how many Democrats in this State said they were for gay marriage until they voted yes on Prop 8?....

How many would vote the same today?

I know of a few who have admitted to me that they voted "yes" and regret their votes.

and i worked with a few who voted yes and would probably vote no today, but are now kinda pissed that it is being forced on us......and a couple said if it came to a vote again they would vote yes again .....just to spite this verdict.....

the people of CA voted down gay marriage twice. the court overruled the will of the people.

regardless of the subject of the vote, that is wrong.

SCOTUS says differently, that the majority does not get to deprive a minority of a right.

we have been down this road before, can you please quite the language in the constitution that deems gay marriage a RIGHT?

Yes, we have discussed this. Your opinion is only that. SCOTUS decides. Judicial Review is the accepted law of the land. It does not matter what social traditionalists think when it comes to interpretation of the law. We cannot let this interfere in the coming elections.

Forum List

Back