Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

I don't believe one party control is good regardless of which party is in control. That being said, Republicans have done nothing to promote a positive agenda or even tried to work with Democrats on anything. Their only agenda is to not allow the Dems to accomplish anything. In all my life, I have never seen a Congress so ineffective in accomplishing anything, and that falls on the Republicans. At this point, the only thing that will change this is either the Republicans winning the Presidency and the Senate along with the House (which aint' a happenin anytime soon), or getting their asses handed to them so badly that they will be forced to lick their wounds and start opening up to more moderate Republicans. Getting more conservative is not the answer, and here is the proof to that. Conservatives always use Ronald Reagan as their model, but reasonable people understand that today's conservatives are not at all represented by Reagan, other than in their most basic ideology. Reagan was a conservative but also a pragmatist. Pragmatism no longer exists within the Republican Party today, and that is the real problem.

the GOP led house has passed several budget bills, Reid has refused to let a single one get to the floor of the senate or debate or a vote.

The democrats passed obamacare with no open debate, no republican amendments allowed to be voted on. and did it in the middle of the night on Christmas eve.

your claim that only the GOP is playing dirty, is totally wrong.

Obamacare was openly debated for a year....it was Republicans who refused to play the game
Obamacare was formally passed on March 23 2010 to much fanfare......hardly middle of the night on Christmas Eve

Which Republican amendments were refused other than "Tear it up and start over"?

totally wrong. obamacare was written by dems only in closed meetings, there was NO open debate in either the house or senate. Republicans tried to enter the debate and bring up amendments, but were not allowed by Pelosi and Reid.

the vote was strictly on party lines with one idiot republican from La (who was defeated significantly in the next election) voting for it.

NO ONE has read it before Pelosi and Reid forced the vote, and it was in the middle of the night on Christmas eve. March 23 was when obama signed it ("this is a big fuckin deal" Biden).

The so-called healthcare bill is full of pork that has nothing to do with medicine, taxes on real estate sales for example.

it is clearly the worst piece of legislation in the history of this nation. and it will never be fully implemented because now even liberal supporters of obozo, like unions, don't want it.

i would tell them.....you go stand on the corner i got things to do.....any one who does that is pretty much a super church goer Bode.....they were "Yes on 8" people from day one....

Every single member with every single child...to the point of giving up church service, communion, etc for it?

so what?.....are you saying that many Gay Rights people voted Yes just because of these people standing on the corner?....and if any people for Gay Rights stood on the corner with those signs.....what does that say about them?.....

You go ahead and believe that....:eusa_whistle:

But I'm seeing people realizing that their churches shouldn't be doing that kind of thing. Particularly, on one hand saying "think about the children" and on the other hand, dragging kids out to hold up signs about gay marriage.

Every single member with every single child...to the point of giving up church service, communion, etc for it?

so what?.....are you saying that many Gay Rights people voted Yes just because of these people standing on the corner?....and if any people for Gay Rights stood on the corner with those signs.....what does that say about them?.....

But I'm seeing people realizing that their churches shouldn't be doing that kind of thing. Particularly, on one hand saying "think about the children" and on the other hand, dragging kids out to hold up signs about gay marriage.

nice dance Boe.....now why dont you try confronting what i said.....unless its true of course then i understand you doing the two step boogie.....

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

While this does not depict all Republicans and conservatives, there are a great many of them who make it clear that if you are moderate or liberal or a Democrat, then you are un-American. I see it on here all the time, even with some moderate Republicans like JakeStarkey. All the time they call him a liberal statist piece of crap because he is not a real conservative.

These idiots have done everything possible to reduce the appeal of the Republican Party to only the very few small minded like themselves.

and yet a Far Leftist ass like Dudley has called "rw's" as he likes to put it.....Anti- Americans for disagreeing with what he believes...so it works both ways.....and Dean and his Far Left posse also degrade anyone who is on the right.....and i mean ANYONE.....

Harry, who gives a crap about the liberals or the lefties or the Dems. If what you say is true, then let them shoot themselves in their collectivist footies. Where they are right (and they are dead on about our reactionary wing), let us clear out the dead wood in our party. We can't win with the likes of them trying to set policy and demonizing all who disagree with them.

if the teachings of the church are against gay marriage then the church is doing what it should do when it speaks out by marching with signs etc.

Churches should be standing up for what they believe to be right and wrong.

And liberals were saying they weren't liberal enough in the Bush years. Sure. Where have I heard this one before? You went with your plan and seriously damaged this country.

Spending for one.
The Economy for two (don't give me that "but it's recovering!" crap).
Gas Prices three.

And so on. Yes, please keep being more liberal. Yeah, that'll do it. :clap2:

Barack Obama is not liberal enough for most "true liberals", but we know the rest of the country isn't ready for a president Kucinich. You all think that your candidates need to be more conservative to win. I say go with that.

i would like to see someone with enough balls to tell the far right and left to .....shut the fuck up ....you folks have done enough damage to the Country.....you are now regulated back to the cracks and crevasses from which you slithered out of....

Chris Christie will do that.

"you worry about the communist party that you belong to and let the GOP worry about their plans for taking back the country."

This type of stupidity above helps the Dems every time it is posted.

Barack Obama is not liberal enough for most "true liberals", but we know the rest of the country isn't ready for a president Kucinich. You all think that your candidates need to be more conservative to win. I say go with that.

i would like to see someone with enough balls to tell the far right and left to .....shut the fuck up ....you folks have done enough damage to the Country.....you are now regulated back to the cracks and crevasses from which you slithered out of....

Chris Christie will do that.

so will Rand Paul. Christie/Paul, Paul/Christie. winning ticket?

"you worry about the communist party that you belong to and let the GOP worry about their plans for taking back the country."

This type of stupidity above helps the Dems every time it is posted.

how does telling the truth help the dem party? when the truth is known, no one would vote dem except the radical far left.

It sure seems that way. Of course the "conservatives" will tell you the reason they keep losing is because they haven't been "conservative" enough...a position not borne out by a single poll, but I think they should go with that plan anyway. Be MORE conservative. That'll do it! :lol:

actually the GOP is doing OK in most states

win two presidential elections and it goes to your pointy little heads

Not really....

In the poll that matters, Electoral College, Republicans are taking a pounding

More battleground states are leaning decidedly blue. If Florida goes blue, Republicans will never win another Presidential election
So all we're stuck with is zero Conservative representation and one party rule, which is what you Liberal scumbags wanted all along.

"it is clearly the worst piece of legislation in the history of this nation."

Our GOP had the opportunity in 2010 and 2012to take back the Senate and but let the TPM blow those wonderful opportunities.

We should have beat BHO with Redfish running on the GOP ticket and we got our asses kicked.

SCOTUS has said ACA is constitutional, so that argument is over.

Folks, if we go further toward the reactionary right, we will destroy the party. The American people hate the reactionary programs. End of that butt hurt. It is what it is.

Are Republicans trying to lose the 2016 presidential race? - The Week

n the wake of President Obama's resounding victory in the 2012 election, the Republican National Committee drafted what came to be known as its autopsy report, a sweeping critique of the party's messaging and platform that warned that, unless the party changed, "it will be increasingly difficult for Republicans to win another presidential election in the near future. In the last week alone — the GOP, at both the state and federal level, has narrowed its appeal so drastically that, at this rate, it seems quite likely that any generic, scandal-free Democrat could easily win the 2016 presidential election.

The RNC's autopsy report said the party "must embrace and champion comprehensive immigration reform" if it wants a larger share of the growing, all-important Latino vote. Legislation to provide illegal immigrants with a pathway to citizenship passed with bipartisan support in the Senate, but it was made clear last week that it has no chance in the GOP-controlled House. This is sure to only estrange Latinos further.

As David Brooks, the conservative columnist at The New York Times, recently wrote:

Before Asians, Hispanics and all the other groups can be won with economic plans, they need to feel respected and understood by the G.O.P. They need to feel that Republicans respect their ethnic and cultural identity. If Republicans reject immigration reform, that will be a giant sign of disrespect, and nothing else Republicans say will even be heard

Then there is the issue of women's rights, or what Democrats like to call the War on Women. The RNC said the GOP must develop a "forward-leaning vision for voting Republican that appeals to women" if it wants to prevent a repeat of an election that saw Obama win women voters overall by 11 points and single women by a staggering 36 points. But just last week, the Texas legislature, with full-throated support from Republican Gov. Rick Perry, passed one of the toughest abortion laws in the country, which anti-abortion groups warn could lead to the shuttering of all but four of the Lone Star State's abortion clinics.

Finally, there is the GOP's economic policies. The RNC was quite emphatic about this: "The perception, revealed in polling, that the GOP does not care about people is doing great harm to the party." And yet just this week we witnessed the House GOP strip the farm bill of food stamps for the poor, which meant that the legislation was composed almost entirely of subsidies for farmers and corporations.

Question - What difference does it make to you? I would think that you would celebrate? Yet you seem to be considerably concerned about what the "GOP does"......

Here's a hint - you worry about the communist party that you belong to and let the GOP worry about their plans for taking back the country.

You commies make me laugh......with your feigned "worry" about the GOP......:cuckoo:

This is a Political Message Board.

Know what we discuss here? Politics

Now, Get back into your hole NOW!

Fool......

the GOP led house has passed several budget bills, Reid has refused to let a single one get to the floor of the senate or debate or a vote.

The democrats passed obamacare with no open debate, no republican amendments allowed to be voted on. and did it in the middle of the night on Christmas eve.

your claim that only the GOP is playing dirty, is totally wrong.

Obamacare was openly debated for a year....it was Republicans who refused to play the game
Obamacare was formally passed on March 23 2010 to much fanfare......hardly middle of the night on Christmas Eve

Which Republican amendments were refused other than "Tear it up and start over"?

totally wrong. obamacare was written by dems only in closed meetings, there was NO open debate in either the house or senate. Republicans tried to enter the debate and bring up amendments, but were not allowed by Pelosi and Reid.

the vote was strictly on party lines with one idiot republican from La (who was defeated significantly in the next election) voting for it.

NO ONE has read it before Pelosi and Reid forced the vote, and it was in the middle of the night on Christmas eve. March 23 was when obama signed it ("this is a big fuckin deal" Biden).

The so-called healthcare bill is full of pork that has nothing to do with medicine, taxes on real estate sales for example.

it is clearly the worst piece of legislation in the history of this nation. and it will never be fully implemented because now even liberal supporters of obozo, like unions, don't want it.

Obama signed the day after it passed.....

But it goes along with the rest of your BS

if the teachings of the church are against gay marriage then the church is doing what it should do when it speaks out by marching with signs etc.

No problem with that...just forget the tax exemption. It should go away.

Our GOP had the opportunity in 2010 and 2012to take back the Senate and but let the TPM blow those wonderful opportunities.

We should have beat BHO with Redfish running on the GOP ticket and we got our asses kicked.

Folks, if we go further toward the reactionary right, we will destroy the party. The American people hate the reactionary programs. End of that butt hurt. It is what it is.

look snake, I agree that the GOP screwed itself in 08 and 12. lets see what happens in 14 and 16 before we write their eulogy. The dems did a better job of campaigning and they had the media on their side. The media will not change sides so all we can hope is that the GOP learns from the dems on how to convince voters.

Question - What difference does it make to you? I would think that you would celebrate? Yet you seem to be considerably concerned about what the "GOP does"......

Here's a hint - you worry about the communist party that you belong to and let the GOP worry about their plans for taking back the country.

You commies make me laugh......with your feigned "worry" about the GOP......:cuckoo:

This is a Political Message Board.

Know what we discuss here? Politics

Now, Get back into your hole NOW!

Fool......

I thought I told you to go back in your hole...NOW GET!

Last edited:

No problem with that...just forget the tax exemption. It should go away.

In a sense, aren't they sort of like those 501(c) thingees? Personally, I grew up in a time when the only political issue that polite people discussed with religious overtones was food for people who couldn't work and work training for those who could.

Then, along came vietnam, and chuches of both stripes got political. And frankly we boomers are a cantakerous, usless, non-compromising, and at least at upper income levels non compromising sob, lot

look snake, I agree that the GOP screwed itself in 08 and 12. lets see what happens in 14 and 16 before we write their eulogy. The dems did a better job of campaigning and they had the media on their side. The media will not change sides so all we can hope is that the GOP learns from the dems on how to convince voters.

We can begin by telling the reactionaries "you failed" and reach out convincingly to women, minorities, and immigrants. The homosexual issue is over.

Forum List

Back