Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

"everyone here is a reactionary....including you"

Not in the political definition, no.

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

And this is where the GOP became their own worse enemy. They gerrymandered themselves into relative safety in many of these districts. They are so safe, in fact, that they don't have to go along with anyone to stay in their district. In fact, they've really painted themselves into a corner. If they support things like equal pay or immigration reform, they get primaried by some tea bagger in their district.

Such a delightful mess they've made for themselves.

you mean like the black congressional caucus? Oh wait the feds gerrymandered it for them, never mind:rolleyes:

Being a reactionary is as nasty as being a liberal. A reactionary is an extreme conservative.

Reactionary From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: A reactionary is a person who holds political viewpoints that favor a return to a previous state (the status quo ante) in a society. The word can also be an adjective describing such viewpoints or policies. Reactionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

re·ac·tion·ar·y (r-ksh-nr) adj. Characterized by reaction, especially opposition to progress or liberalism; extremely conservative. n. pl. re·ac·tion·ar·ies An opponent of progress or liberalism; an extreme conservative. reactionary - definition of reactionary by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Late in life, William F. Buckley made a confession. Capitalism is “boring,” he told me. “Devoting your life to it,” as conservatives do, “is horrifying if only because it’s so repetitious. It’s like sex.” Since that conversation ten years ago, I’ve been asking what is conservatism and what’s at stake for its proponents. This book is my answer. From the French Revolution to the Tea Party, conservatism has been a reactionary movement, a defense of power and privilege against democratic challenges from below, particularly in the private spheres of the family and the workplace. Book | Corey Robin

so buckely was an extreme conservative? :lol:

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

And this is where the GOP became their own worse enemy. They gerrymandered themselves into relative safety in many of these districts. They are so safe, in fact, that they don't have to go along with anyone to stay in their district. In fact, they've really painted themselves into a corner. If they support things like equal pay or immigration reform, they get primaried by some tea bagger in their district.

you mean like the black congressional caucus? Oh wait the feds gerrymandered it for them, never mind:rolleyes:

That isn't a district darlin' that's a caucus like the Tea Party or progressive Caucus. Not at all the same thing.

This is getting so old. Every time a republican becomes president it's the end of the democratic party. Every time a democrat wins it's the end of the republican party. It's always the same hyperbole. It's always the same magazine covers and newspaper headlines. This country is a pendulum that swings left and right depending on the issues and concerns of the day. The only thing that doesn't change in the world of politics is the talking points about imminent doom concerning the party not in the white house.
The country is too evenly divided for one party to establish permanent rule. The 8 year term limit on the presidency is about right. After 8 years people are looking for fresh ideas. If one party really goes to far left or right for the voters, they will eventually bring themselves closer in line with voter opinions in order to win.

Being a reactionary is as nasty as being a liberal. A reactionary is an extreme conservative.

Reactionary From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: A reactionary is a person who holds political viewpoints that favor a return to a previous state (the status quo ante) in a society. The word can also be an adjective describing such viewpoints or policies. Reactionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

re·ac·tion·ar·y (r-ksh-nr) adj. Characterized by reaction, especially opposition to progress or liberalism; extremely conservative. n. pl. re·ac·tion·ar·ies An opponent of progress or liberalism; an extreme conservative. reactionary - definition of reactionary by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Late in life, William F. Buckley made a confession. Capitalism is “boring,” he told me. “Devoting your life to it,” as conservatives do, “is horrifying if only because it’s so repetitious. It’s like sex.” Since that conversation ten years ago, I’ve been asking what is conservatism and what’s at stake for its proponents. This book is my answer. From the French Revolution to the Tea Party, conservatism has been a reactionary movement, a defense of power and privilege against democratic challenges from below, particularly in the private spheres of the family and the workplace. Book | Corey Robin

Buckley would have opposed extreme conservatism as "a reactionary movement, a defense of power and privilege against democratic challenges from below, particularly in the private spheres of the family and the workplace." You know that, and I know that.

"everyone here is a reactionary....including you"

Not in the political definition, no.
so you had to go 19th century on us?.....:eusa_eh:

From the 18th century to the 21st century, actually.

From the French Revolution to the Tea Party, conservatism has been a reactionary movement, a defense of power and privilege against democratic challenges from below, particularly in the private spheres of the family and the workplace. Book | Corey Robin

Buckley would have opposed extreme conservatism as "a reactionary movement, a defense of power and privilege against democratic challenges from below, particularly in the private spheres of the family and the workplace." You know that, and I know that.

uhm yes I am aware, thats why I asked or that is laughed at jake...and?

That isn't a district darlin' that's a caucus like the Tea Party or progressive Caucus. Not at all the same thing.

its a collection of districts ( members);

The Congressional Black Caucus is an organization representing the black members of the United States Congress. Membership is exclusive to African-Americans,[1] and its chair in the 113th Congress is Representative Marcia Fudge of Ohio.
Congressional Black Caucus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that represent districts that are apportioned safely African american due to the civil rights voting acts.......Hon.......:rolleyes:

its a collection of districts ( members);

The Congressional Black Caucus is an organization representing the black members of the United States Congress. Membership is exclusive to African-Americans,[1] and its chair in the 113th Congress is Representative Marcia Fudge of Ohio.
Congressional Black Caucus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that represent districts that are apportioned safely African american due to the civil rights voting acts.......Hon.......:rolleyes:

Or to gerrymandering or to their own hard work and qualifications darling

Everybody opposes extremism. The problem is that we all have different views of what's extreme.

Thats an old definition and is not applicable to conservatives of today. No one wants to return to the past.

Returning to constitutional government is not "returning to the past". No one wants to live like people did in the 1930s.

reactionary is just a term that fools like you have begun using because you think it somehow has a negative connotation.

Frankly, it just makes you look like an idiot who has no real argument so he just hurls foolish insults.

How about actually discussing the issues rather than calling names?

They are already chasing away their electable candidates.....Christie and Rubio

Christie and his fat band can take a hike. Sellout. Along with Rubio

Next?

-Geaux

Good question....

After Christie and Rubio who is "next" for the Republicans?

actually there are quite a few. Paul, Jindal, Ryan, Cantor, just to name 4

Now, for the dems------------------after Hillybilly------you have :confused:

Hillary is a washed up hag with a ton of negative baggage---so in reality ya got nobody

Forum List

Back