Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

All during the 2012 election, I predicted an Obama win by a large margin. It was not just partisan rooting, but I was confident in looking at the Electoral College map that Romney would have to take 2/3 of battleground states to win. I saw no way of that happening and in the end, Democrats took more states than anticipated

Looking at 2016, I look at those same battleground states and ask....What have Republicans done to improve their performance in those states?

What I see are GOP policies that are making them less likely to take those states and even open up some formerly Red States

Republicans are establishing their brand for 2016 and it is anti-Hispanic, anti-gay and anti-woman

Doesn't look good for the GOP

I think what they're gonna do is run in safe house districts and safe states - homophobe, racist and abortion restrictions on stuff the most people don't buy like no morning after pill w/o a doc present and no exceptions for rape unless a crime was reported. But, nationally, they'll try to run much more to the middle. With the candidate smiling a lot and going "oh shucks" when asked about this stuff and say "we love evverbuddy." I'm not sure it'll work though.

The remaining Red States will only get them so far.....the GOP is doomed

I thought I tod you to go back in your hole...NOW GET!

I don't think so, clown.

Adults are talking here....now GET

And you are an adult?

Right. "Discussing" politics? BS. You wouldn't know a discussion if it bit you on the butt. You're a hater who throws invectives like they are water.

I'll say it one more time, commie. Look out for your own "party". You America Haters are going to need it in 2016.

I don't think so, clown.

Adults are talking here....now GET

And you are an adult?

Right. "Discussing" politics? BS. You wouldn't know a discussion if it bit you on the butt. You're a hater who throws invectives like they are water.

I'll say it one more time, commie. Look out for your own "party". You America Haters are going to need it in 2016.

If you can't carry on a conversation with the adults it is time for you to leave

Don't make me come up there

"it is clearly the worst piece of legislation in the history of this nation."

Our GOP had the opportunity in 2010 and 2012to take back the Senate and but let the TPM blow those wonderful opportunities.

We should have beat BHO with Redfish running on the GOP ticket and we got our asses kicked.

SCOTUS has said ACA is constitutional, so that argument is over.

Folks, if we go further toward the reactionary right, we will destroy the party. The American people hate the reactionary programs. End of that butt hurt. It is what it is.

look snake, I agree that the GOP screwed itself in 08 and 12. lets see what happens in 14 and 16 before we write their eulogy. The dems did a better job of campaigning and they had the media on their side. The media will not change sides so all we can hope is that the GOP learns from the dems on how to convince voters.

We can begin by telling the reactionaries "you failed" and reach out convincingly to women, minorities, and immigrants. The homosexual issue is over.

you keep using the word "reactionary" as if it is some derogatory term for conservatives. You don't even know what the word means.

reactionary = one who reacts.

You make youself look like a fool when you do shit like that.

You've just GOT to wonder about the conservative movement as a whole when so many of its members rally to the rantings of that woman.

what makes you think Bachman has a big following? I could say the same thing about you dems and your blind following of the idiot Wasserman-Schultz.

Bachman is not a player, neither is Palin. But you libs get obsessed with conservative women----is it lust because all dem women look like Janet Reno?

You've just GOT to wonder about the conservative movement as a whole when so many of its members rally to the rantings of that woman.

what makes you think Bachman has a big following? I could say the same thing about you dems and your blind following of the idiot Wasserman-Schultz.

Bachman is not a player, neither is Palin. But you libs get obsessed with conservative women----is it lust because all dem women look like Janet Reno?

Why the obsession with looks?

Is that a prerequisite for Republican women?

Bachmann has absolutely zero trouble booking time on conservative media outlets where they fawn over her like she's one of the brightest stars in the conservative firmament.

As for Wasserman Schultz, she's consistently earned more responsibility within the Democratic Party because she's effective at her job.

Bachmann has absolutely zero trouble booking time on conservative media outlets where they fawn over her like she's one of the brightest stars in the conservative firmament.

As for Wasserman Schultz, she's consistently earned more responsibility within the Democratic Party because she's effective at her job.

LOL I really want some of what you are smoking. :smoke:

Granted, it is unfair to lable all republicans as nuts. However, there does seem to be a chain of evidence. Fox, to Palin, to Backmann, to Limbaugh, to insanity. We know that it is not something in the water. Personally, I think that it is some kind of fumes that originate in cow pies in texas, and is spread throughout the Midwest through weather patterns that had begun to develop because of glabal warming.

While this does not depict all Republicans and conservatives, there are a great many of them who make it clear that if you are moderate or liberal or a Democrat, then you are un-American. I see it on here all the time, even with some moderate Republicans like JakeStarkey. All the time they call him a liberal statist piece of crap because he is not a real conservative.

These idiots have done everything possible to reduce the appeal of the Republican Party to only the very few small minded like themselves.

and yet a Far Leftist ass like Dudley has called "rw's" as he likes to put it.....Anti- Americans for disagreeing with what he believes...so it works both ways.....and Dean and his Far Left posse also degrade anyone who is on the right.....and i mean ANYONE.....

Harry, who gives a crap about the liberals or the lefties or the Dems. If what you say is true, then let them shoot themselves in their collectivist footies. Where they are right (and they are dead on about our reactionary wing), let us clear out the dead wood in our party. We can't win with the likes of them trying to set policy and demonizing all who disagree with them.

what party is that Jake?....the only party i belong to is the Harry Dresden's i dont give a dam about parties party.....

Granted, it is unfair to lable all republicans as nuts. However, there does seem to be a chain of evidence. Fox, to Palin, to Backmann, to Limbaugh, to insanity. We know that it is not something in the water. Personally, I think that it is some kind of fumes that originate in cow pies in texas, and is spread throughout the Midwest through weather patterns that had begun to develop because of glabal warming.

Its not that they are all nuts it's that they will chase people from the party for taking a moderate stance but are afraid to chastise those who embarrass the party

I live in a community of fairly well to do retired white people from the upper Midwest. It is about as red as a community can get. I have been here for about three years, and I noticed after a year or two that these folks are so conhesively red, that they honestly do not realize that they are in a national minority. Tucson is about 30 miles away, but it is blue, and it might as well be on the moon, as far as my community is concerned. They do not even KNOW a democrat. Since they all reinforce each other's right wing paranoiia, they honestly do not know why they are losing national elections. They tend to blame it on some sort of invisable network of illegal immigrants, gays, and welfare queens, all of whom live somewhere else that is undefined.

So, is the GOP trying to lose elections? No. They simply have become so incestuous and inbread that they no longer live in greater America. Their world ends at the gate that guards the entrence to their nieghborhood. They have no reason whatsover to deal with young women of child bearing age, Hispanics, immigrants, illegal or not, or any non-white, much less having to rub elbows with people that don't have a Summer home in the upper Midwest, and a Winter home in Southern AZ

I have to live with these people, so I refuse to talk politics with them. However, it is very difficult for me to keep a straight face when they all start tuning up at the Elks club after their second highball about all the leaches that are ruining America!

you hang at the Elks Club?.....and you are putting them down?.....hey just sayin....

Actually, they are very glad that we are there. I belong to an organization that rents the Elks meeting room. They are sinking deeply into a pit of debt, and are very glad to have our rent money. In fact, they told me that it was enough to keep their bar operating, which, if they had to shut it down, would DEFINATELY be the death nell of this particular Elks club! As it is, they have had to form their own band out of their members for their weekend dances. You just have not lived until you have sat through an accordian player on Saturday night doing his redition of:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0PHtp8jn7k]The Happy Wanderer (Val-De-Ri Val-De-Ra) Polka - Concertina Karaoke - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
look snake, I agree that the GOP screwed itself in 08 and 12. lets see what happens in 14 and 16 before we write their eulogy. The dems did a better job of campaigning and they had the media on their side. The media will not change sides so all we can hope is that the GOP learns from the dems on how to convince voters.

We can begin by telling the reactionaries "you failed" and reach out convincingly to women, minorities, and immigrants. The homosexual issue is over.

you keep using the word "reactionary" as if it is some derogatory term for conservatives. You don't even know what the word means.

reactionary = one who reacts.

You make youself look like a fool when you do shit like that.

i was going to ask that too Jake....anybody who reacts is a reactionary.....including people who are smack dab in the middle of the political spectrum....everyone here is a reactionary....including you.....

As for Wasserman Schultz, she's consistently earned more responsibility within the Democratic Party because she's effective at her job

according to you.....i can show you people out here who think Darrel Issa is a great Politician, the same with Maxine Waters.......

I live in a community of fairly well to do retired white people from the upper Midwest. It is about as red as a community can get. I have been here for about three years, and I noticed after a year or two that these folks are so conhesively red, that they honestly do not realize that they are in a national minority. Tucson is about 30 miles away, but it is blue, and it might as well be on the moon, as far as my community is concerned. They do not even KNOW a democrat. Since they all reinforce each other's right wing paranoiia, they honestly do not know why they are losing national elections. They tend to blame it on some sort of invisable network of illegal immigrants, gays, and welfare queens, all of whom live somewhere else that is undefined.

So, is the GOP trying to lose elections? No. They simply have become so incestuous and inbread that they no longer live in greater America. Their world ends at the gate that guards the entrence to their nieghborhood. They have no reason whatsover to deal with young women of child bearing age, Hispanics, immigrants, illegal or not, or any non-white, much less having to rub elbows with people that don't have a Summer home in the upper Midwest, and a Winter home in Southern AZ

I have to live with these people, so I refuse to talk politics with them. However, it is very difficult for me to keep a straight face when they all start tuning up at the Elks club after their second highball about all the leaches that are ruining America!

you hang at the Elks Club?.....and you are putting them down?.....hey just sayin....

Actually, they are very glad that we are there. I belong to an organization that rents the Elks meeting room. They are sinking deeply into a pit of debt, and are very glad to have our rent money. In fact, they told me that it was enough to keep their bar operating, which, if they had to shut it down, would DEFINATELY be the death nell of this particular Elks club! As it is, they have had to form their own band out of their memebers for their weekend dances. You just have not lived until you have sat through an accordian player on Saturday night doing his redition of:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0PHtp8jn7k]The Happy Wanderer (Val-De-Ri Val-De-Ra) Polka - Concertina Karaoke - YouTube[/ame]

i am Italian and grew up going to i dont know how many weddings with an Accordion player doing some Dick Contino stuff ......like this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaSDv4I08v0]ACCORDION ITALIAN GUAGLIONE - YouTube[/ame]

I think there's some truth to this. Just look at 2012. The GOP was seen to not care about the poor and middle class, they lost the women vote and the latino vote. There are sensible ways to fix this but they threw common sense out the window and decided to be even more reactionary and radical. The further to the right they go, the less chance they have of winning a Presidency. The country's demographics have changed and are changing. If you want to be relevant, you have to appeal to a broad group of people. Not just a few as the GOP are now doing.

I think you are on to something, the Democratic Party is framing the debates.

The deficit does matter and if we don't fix it, it is going to hurt the poor and create more poor. The government can't spend and spend it weakens the dollar and hurts the spending power. The more we spend, we will be unable to keep up with the programs that government is spending on the poor, creating a cycle of further debt, weaker dollar and programs we can't support.

The abortion issues focuses on the mother and while the mother is important, the most vulnerable in society, the baby gets killed for convenience. Where as personal responsibility should be the mainstay of our great nation. Abortion is being used for birth control and it is a fact.

Obamacare also is going to hurt the poor and middle class, who got a pass for not having to provide Obamacare, small business, why? Because it is an election year and the Democrats stand to suffer in small business suffers. Who is required to have Obamacare in 2014, everyone or they pay a tax for not having it. This again hurts the poor, the working middle class.

Look at the race issue, the Zimmerman trial has a focus on white on black crime, that is not what the trial was about, it was about a Hispanic-Jew, defending himself from a man that was black. Hundreds if not thousands have died since, all we care about is this one issue. Where is everyone on the shootings in Chicago, we have 60 deaths a month there and no talk of fixing the problem. Why? Because we as a society don't care if blacks kill each other. No one talks about this far more common crime than one instance of a man defending himself. The black community, the Democratic Party, the black leaders, those crying racism in the Zimmerman verdict, don't give a damn, unless the stir up hatred.

The Democratic Party and their taxes, their healthcare, their racism are hurting the poor and middle class, not the Republicans that have no Executive authority and little Congressional authority.

The Democrats have framed their arguments in the tune of hate, but reality is Democrats hurting reality.

i am Italian and grew up going to i dont know how many weddings with an Accordion player doing some Dick Contino stuff ......like this.....

ACCORDION ITALIAN GUAGLIONE - YouTube

You have my deepest sympathy....

Being a reactionary is as nasty as being a liberal. A reactionary is an extreme conservative.

Reactionary From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: A reactionary is a person who holds political viewpoints that favor a return to a previous state (the status quo ante) in a society. The word can also be an adjective describing such viewpoints or policies. Reactionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

re·ac·tion·ar·y (r-ksh-nr) adj. Characterized by reaction, especially opposition to progress or liberalism; extremely conservative. n. pl. re·ac·tion·ar·ies An opponent of progress or liberalism; an extreme conservative. reactionary - definition of reactionary by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Late in life, William F. Buckley made a confession. Capitalism is “boring,” he told me. “Devoting your life to it,” as conservatives do, “is horrifying if only because it’s so repetitious. It’s like sex.” Since that conversation ten years ago, I’ve been asking what is conservatism and what’s at stake for its proponents. This book is my answer. From the French Revolution to the Tea Party, conservatism has been a reactionary movement, a defense of power and privilege against democratic challenges from below, particularly in the private spheres of the family and the workplace. Book | Corey Robin

Forum List

Back