Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

No one expects them to become Democrats. They just have to address the concerns of the people rather than just pursue a political ideology. In the last election, 73% of the Blacks, 71% of Latinos, and 55% of the women voted democrat. 60% of the younger voters group,18-29 went Democrat. If Republicans are to win presidential elections, they have to shed the image of a party dominated by older white males looking to turn the clock back.

Republicans have shown every intention of continuing positions that are hostile to those groups

That is why their days are numbered

Sadly, they have no choice. The only other people who'll vote for them are the wealthy & there are only so many of those. Can't win Presidential elections w/ just the wealthy & angry old white guys.

Yeah, might as well concede and put the king-for-life crown on obama--the kenyan messiah, savior of the USA and the entire world. the man who knows all and can fix the world. where to you bow to your obama shrine?

Redfish resorts to personal attack because he can't refute that he is a reactionary.

His problem, no one else.

I am not a reactionary by the definition that you posted. Neither are most conservatives. I know that you think you are a creative little wizard because you continue to use a word that has no meaning in the real world. But all it does is make you look like more of a partisan idiot than you usually do.

but keep it up, the party of the KKK appreciates your help, democrats like it when you post their lies and talking points. the only problem is that more and more americans are seeing though the fog of dem/lib bullshit.

Democrats were the chosen party of most KKK members 50 years ago

Guess which party they prefer right now?

Redfish, Ernie S. Yurt, and many others on the Board are reactionaries, increasingly irrelevant in the modern age, who simply think their unreasoning partisanship means something.

Their day is done.

I am not a reactionary by the definition that you posted. Neither are most conservatives. I know that you think you are a creative little wizard because you continue to use a word that has no meaning in the real world. But all it does is make you look like more of a partisan idiot than you usually do.

but keep it up, the party of the KKK appreciates your help, democrats like it when you post their lies and talking points. the only problem is that more and more americans are seeing though the fog of dem/lib bullshit.

Redfish, Ernie S. Yurt, and many others on the Board are reactionaries, increasingly irrelevant in the modern age, who simply think their unreasoning partisanship means something.

Their day is done.

are you claiming that you do not display "unreasoning partisanship" ? funny, because it shows that you do in almost every post.

I have no idea who Yurt is.

Their day is done.

are you claiming that you do not display "unreasoning partisanship".

I have no trouble and do put down reactionaries with reason. This, Redfish, is what I have done to you. You can't is the point.

No one expects them to become Democrats. They just have to address the concerns of the people rather than just pursue a political ideology. In the last election, 73% of the Blacks, 71% of Latinos, and 55% of the women voted democrat. 60% of the younger voters group,18-29 went Democrat. If Republicans are to win presidential elections, they have to shed the image of a party dominated by older white males looking to turn the clock back.

Republicans have shown every intention of continuing positions that are hostile to those groups

well, shit. lets just shut the party down then and give 100% control of the government to the progressive democrats. would that make you happy? dictatorial control of the entire govt by one party. Can you say third reich?

careful what you wish for RW

Why shut them down if they are proving to be unelectable?

Who is responsible for the demise of the GOP? The left?

This idea that if republicans don't turn into democrats then they will be replaced by democrats is certainly an interesting warning.
Republicans do support Healthcare reform (just not your version of it). Portable Health insurance, getting rid of government imposed payment rates, ect.
I don't know of one republican that doesn't support immigration reform (again, perhaps not your version of it).
As for global warming, I don't know of any elected republican being kicked out of their seats for their views on global warming. Actually, outside of a few far left "news" sites, nobody is talking about global warming.
Now, let's talk about the moderate democrats (blue dogs) that are being excoriated by their own president,party,media for disagreeing with the left's view on gun control. Two can play this game.

That is certainly the DNC talking point. I've just heard these criticisms too often to take them particularly seriously. Before the 2010 shellacking I heard the same rhetoric. I also remember when both houses and the white house were wall to wall republicans and the republicans were telling the democrats that they had to become more "moderate" to become a viable party once again. Different sides of the same coin.

That is certainly the DNC talking point. I've just heard these criticisms too often to take them particularly seriously. Before the 2010 shellacking I heard the same rhetoric. I also remember when both houses and the white house were wall to wall republicans and the republicans were telling the democrats that they had to become more "moderate" to become a viable party once again. Different sides of the same coin.

Let Republicans play the same hand they played in 2008 and 2012....lets see how they do

More reason why Republicans can't win in 2016...

They have this childish criteria that if you do not agree with the Conservatives 100% then you are a democrat.

A Republican who supports Republican positions 8 out of 10 times is still Republican. Olympia Snowe was still a Republican, driving her out of office mean't a Democrat took her seat.

A Republican can believe in Global Warming and still be Republican
A Republican can support Healthcare reform and still be Republican
A Republican can support immigration reform and still be Republican

Driving out members who are willing to compromise only opens up opportunities for Democrats

This idea that if republicans don't turn into democrats then they will be replaced by democrats is certainly an interesting warning.
Republicans do support Healthcare reform (just not your version of it). Portable Health insurance, getting rid of government imposed payment rates, ect.
I don't know of one republican that doesn't support immigration reform (again, perhaps not your version of it).
As for global warming, I don't know of any elected republican being kicked out of their seats for their views on global warming. Actually, outside of a few far left "news" sites, nobody is talking about global warming.
Now, let's talk about the moderate democrats (blue dogs) that are being excoriated by their own president,party,media for disagreeing with the left's view on gun control. Two can play this game.

I agree that the republicans have to shed it's negative stereotype. The old boy network that runs the GOP needs to revamp. More charismatic and ethnically diverse candidates need to be promoted. I think though that this is the more shallow way to change the republican stereotype. I don't really care what color or sex and age the republican candidate is as long as I agree with a few key conservative principles. Of course, this has already begun to happen with female, latino and black republicans running in districts all over the country. The negative stereotype wont change over night but I believe the 2013 midterm elections will be beneficial to the GOP as taxes rise and people on the left (like the unions recently) begin to show dissatisfaction and fear about Obamacare.

well, shit. lets just shut the party down then and give 100% control of the government to the progressive democrats. would that make you happy? dictatorial control of the entire govt by one party. Can you say third reich?

careful what you wish for RW

Why shut them down if they are proving to be unelectable?

Who is responsible for the demise of the GOP? The left?

did the election of 2010 show a GOP demise? were GOP candidates unelectable in 2010?

seems to me that the party of racism and division is the one falling apart.

we will see who has it right in 2014.

Let Republicans play the same hand they played in 2008 and 2012....lets see how they do

I'm hoping they won't play the same hand. I'm hoping they play the same hand they played in 2010... (fingers crossed).

I agree that the republicans have to shed it's negative stereotype. The old boy network that runs the GOP needs to revamp. More charismatic and ethnically diverse candidates need to be promoted. I think though that this is the more shallow way to change the republican stereotype. I don't really care what color or sex and age the republican candidate is as long as I agree with a few key conservative principles. Of course, this has already begun to happen with female, latino and black republicans running in districts all over the country. The negative stereotype wont change over night but I believe the 2013 midterm elections will be beneficial to the GOP as taxes rise and people on the left (like the unions recently) begin to show dissatisfaction and fear about Obamacare.

the negative stereotype is a creation of the dems and the media. It is not a true representation of the republican party.

ignore the bastards. do not let them set our agenda.

what they need is a charasmatic candidate who is not afraid to tell the truth to the american voters.

strategically they need to learn to use social media and "profiling" like the dems did in order to get their message to the target groups.

the conservative small govt message is a good one. but they need to overcome the corrupt left wing media and drive the message home in spite of the media lies.

What they really need is a charasmatic candidate who is not afraid to tell the truth to Conservatives

the negative stereotype is a creation of the dems and the media. It is not a true representation of the republican party.

I agree. The agenda is what counts and the msm is as corrupt and politicized as never before. I do blame the GOP for not fighting a better fight though. Just as I blame Romney for not landing any rhetorical body shots against Obama when he could have.

Last edited:

Their day is done.

are you claiming that you do not display "unreasoning partisanship".

I have no trouble and do put down reactionaries with reason. This, Redfish, is what I have done to you. You can't is the point.

you have never defeated me in any debate on any subject, snake jockey. Its quite simple, I am smarter and more worldly than you and I use facts, logic, truth and common sense, while you rely on lies and talking points.

I would love to debate you in person, I would kick your ass with truth and logic and make you look like the little worm that you are.

Last edited:

what they need is a charasmatic candidate who is not afraid to tell the truth to the american voters.

strategically they need to learn to use social media and "profiling" like the dems did in order to get their message to the target groups.

the conservative small govt message is a good one. but they need to overcome the corrupt left wing media and drive the message home in spite of the media lies.

What they really need is a charasmatic candidate who is not afraid to tell the truth to Conservatives

and exactly what truth would that be? that liberalism has failed miserably every place it has been tried? that obama and the dems exist because their lies are not brought out by the corrupt media?

I agree. The agenda is what counts and the msm is as corrupt and politicized as ever. I do blame the GOP for not fighting a better fight though. Just as I blame Romney for not landing any rhetorical body shots when he could have.

we agree

I'm hoping they won't play the same hand. I'm hoping they play the same hand they played in 2010... (fingers crossed).

They won in 2010 by promising jobs and fearmongering over Obamacare

They never delivered a single job and were more concerned with social issues than finding people work

Obamacare has been around for three years and the world as we know it has not collapsed. If Republicans are waiting for additional fallout from Obamacare in 2014 they will be waiting a long time

The economy is doing much better than it was in 2010....Republicans will face a tough sell

and exactly what truth would that be? that liberalism has failed miserably every place it has been tried? that obama and the dems exist because their lies are not brought out by the corrupt media?

TRUTH: STFU about banning abortion and rape
TRUTH: Gay marriage is a done deal, we need to shut up about it
TRUTH: Hispanics are a growing demographic and we need to stop insulting them

Last edited:

TRUTH: STFU about banning abortion and rape
TRUTH: Gay marriage is a done deal, we need to shut up about it
TRUTH: Hispanics are a growing demographic and we need to stop insulting them

I thought rape was already banned, :cuckoo:

if something is basically wrong it is disengenuous to shut up about it.

how are hispanics insulted by more opportunity and lower taxes? why should we worry about what people think who are here illegally? Most hispanics support border control and legal immigration. black organizations are now protesting the immigration bill because they know it will cost black jobs.

If both parties would just tell the truth, the country would be much better off.

They won in 2010 by promising jobs and fearmongering over Obamacare

They never delivered a single job and were more concerned with social issues than finding people work

Obamacare has been around for three years and the world as we know it has not collapsed. If Republicans are waiting for additional fallout from Obamacare in 2014 they will be waiting a long time

The economy is doing much better than it was in 2010....Republicans will face a tough sell

congress has exempted itself from obamacare. unions want obamacare repealed, the employer mandate has been pushed out, the whole thing is falling apart.

obama's job creation record is net zero. actually there are fewer people working today than when he took office.

Forum List

Back