Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

I really think the GOP has simply given up on winning the White House. They don't need to. They can obstruct quite nicely from where they've gerrymandered themselves. They can keep passing pointless laws (that will never be signed by the President) that will be red meat to the base that goes out every election to vote for them.

These guys will suck their cushy legislative job for all it's worth then bail on the constituents they never did a fucking thing for to go work on K Street. Everybody wins! No, wait...

They made a wise choice when they went after state government and governorships. It allows them to force legislation at the state level and gerrymander themselves the House.

They are setting themselves up to govern as a minority party

Get over it Pub haters. It's over man.. The Republican party is taking a dirt nap never to see the light of day.

It's all one party now and nothing to argue about because we all agree.

Kumbaya

-Geaux

On the other hand, republicans have a base which is split between moralists and non-moralists. They argue and separate over moral issues which never stand a chance of being legislated to begin with. When you come to the realization that supporting liberty is actually supporting morality, you'll break from the status quo and let the people decide, not government or elected idiots.
Don't give me this shit about republican's being moral! It was a republican President that tried to legalize torture. It was a republican legislature that stripped us of our civil rights. It's a republican party that has sold its soul to corporate bidders. And it's a republican Congress that has blocked and obstructed every jobs bill that was submitted to them.

Republican's lie too much to be moral.

No one expects them to become Democrats. They just have to address the concerns of the people rather than just pursue a political ideology. In the last election, 73% of the Blacks, 71% of Latinos, and 55% of the women voted democrat. 60% of the younger voters group,18-29 went Democrat. If Republicans are to win presidential elections, they have to shed the image of a party dominated by older white males looking to turn the clock back.

what they need is a charasmatic candidate who is not afraid to tell the truth to the american voters.

strategically they need to learn to use social media and "profiling" like the dems did in order to get their message to the target groups.

the conservative small govt message is a good one. but they need to overcome the corrupt left wing media and drive the message home in spite of the media lies.

I don't think many voters would disapprove of a smaller government, however a lot of voters would disapprove of a small government that doesn't give them the services they want.

A Republican will not win the white house with a message that says vote for me because you don't really want strong safety nets, strong environmental protection, national support for public schools, right to legal abortion, right to marry who you choose, strong support for anti-discrimination laws, and a path to citizenship. Unless you can come out strongly in favor of at lease some these issue, you can't win. These are issue that the public supports.

If Republicans are to win, they're going to have to give voters what they want, not try to re-educate them.

:clap2:

On the other hand, republicans have a base which is split between moralists and non-moralists. They argue and separate over moral issues which never stand a chance of being legislated to begin with. When you come to the realization that supporting liberty is actually supporting morality, you'll break from the status quo and let the people decide, not government or elected idiots.
Don't give me this shit about republican's being moral! It was a republican President that tried to legalize torture. It was a republican legislature that stripped us of our civil rights. It's a republican party that has sold its soul to corporate bidders. And it's a republican Congress that has blocked and obstructed every jobs bill that was submitted to them.

waterboarding is not torture

dems voted for the patriot act and have kept it in place

Obama = GE and GM = corporate sell-out

the so-called obozo jobs bills would have done nothing for jobs and would have driven the national debt up even faster than it is already going

why has the dem controlled senate not passed a budget bill for 5 years?

curious... if waterboarding is not torture, why did we punish japanese military personnel for waterboarding our troops?

Waterboarding is torture.

However, the japanese who were prosecuted did a few other things in addition to waterboarding. Like burning the prisoners with cigarrettes.

But yeah, waterboarding - in an of itself - is certainly torture.

Are democrats trying to drive democrat run cities into bankruptcy?

Yes, first the cities, then the nation. And they find this a winning strategy for elections.

Yay... Another Liberal concerned with the Republican strategy thread. Get used to it, gun control was your bridge too far. See you next fall.

LadyGunSlinger and I disagree early and often. However, the post you quote isn't really a claim that the Republican Party is on the high moral ground. As I read it, she is saying that there are members of the GOP who advocate a government that is an extension of their own morals. And there are those in the GOP who do not try to legislate their own personal moral convictions into law.

And I think she is right about that.

1. Yes, waterboarding is torture: always has been, always will be.

2. Yes, dems voted for the patriot act and have kept it in place

3. Yes, Obama is a corporatist like Bush.

4. No, we have no idea if Obama's job wills would have worked or not.

5. Harry Reid has put the GOP Senators on notice about obstructing legislation, di'n'it 'ee?

Yay... Another Liberal concerned with the Republican strategy thread. Get used to it, gun control was your bridge too far. See you next fall.

I can't speculate about the OP's motivations. But I will tell you that I personally would very much like to see more Republican candidates who I can support. I don't think I will ever support the party to the extent that I once did. But I would like for the GOP to be a viable option for me.

Now you can call me all the names you can think of, and maybe you can replace every moderate like me that you lose with a far right-winger.

But I don't think so.

^ that

5. Harry Reid has put the GOP Senators on notice about obstructing legislation, di'n'it 'ee?

O'bama is a moderate as far as Democrats go but the Repubs refuse to accept it. He IS the first African American President. That might have something to do w/ Righties unbridled hate :eusa_whistle: :dunno:

^ that

O'bama is a moderate as far as Democrats go but the Repubs refuse to accept it. He IS the first African American President. That might have something to do w/ Righties unbridled hate :eusa_whistle: :dunno:

Yup, Obama is a moderate left of center to Bush's right of center. What the far lefties and the far righties want does not matter because they do not matter. They have neither the numbers nor the power at this time.

Last edited:
Speaking of flaming vaginas.. Have you seen how old most far left kook hags are? Their uteruses are either polluted or all wrinkled up by now so why should they care? Nasty chicks on the left.

More reasons why the GOP attracts the womens vote

Ask Kathleen Wiley how appealing the Democratic party is to women. Being an activist, Democratic party supporter, get groped in the White House by a liberal President, get sold out from the top to the bottom of the Democratic party as well as NOW.

Speaking of flaming vaginas.. Have you seen how old most far left kook hags are? Their uteruses are either polluted or all wrinkled up by now so why should they care? Nasty chicks on the left.

More reasons why the GOP attracts the womens vote

Ask Kathleen Wiley how appealing the Democratic party is to women. Being an activist, Democratic party supporter, get groped in the White House by a liberal President, get sold out from the top to the bottom of the Democratic party as well as NOW.

and Kathleen Wiley has coattails a mile long..... NOT! Do you honestly think that there are a lot of women who make their decision about what party to vote for based upon Kathleen - fucking- WILEY? Are you on drugs?

kaz prays to the voices in his head. The %s tell the story, not Wiley, for heaven's sake.

Forum List

Back