Universal Basic Income

How would it not? If everyone suddenly has $1000/month more to spend, prices will go up. Are you really denying that? If so, I can't really take you seriously at all.
I suppose I can’t say “no they wouldn’t go up”, but I would need some kind of explanation as to why and by how much. And again, I am not advocating for “everyone”. I am advocating for the poor only. The middle class would not get this in comparison.

lol links? Are you kidding me? What you actually think open higher wage job positions are not outnumbered by the amount of MILLIONS of poor workers? What about your solution for who would fill all those service jobs if every poor person somehow successfully got a new job? You have no idea. You might as well admit it.

For one thing, if every illegal got deported tomorrow, the economy would shrink because consumer spending would reduce drastically. Like it or not they, they are integrated into the economy as consumer spenders. Secondly, illegals in this country have their own job market. They are not part of the legitimate workforce. In order to get into the workforce for citizens, you would have to have documentation like birth certificates. Instead their jobs are under the table and radar for the government. Most importantly, they do not qualify for welfare for the same reasons I outlined. Wages for real citizens wouldnt magically go up simply because all illegals left.
I’ll just ignore most of your personally concocted lying bullshit.
Tell me this; if the cost of birth is $20k per child and the cost to put a child in a public school is $15k per year and we’re giving the cockroaches all the free healthcare they can use, rent subsidies, EBT, costs to prosecute and incarcerate for maiming, raping and murdering our daughters…etc etc…..HOW AND THE FUCK are they helping us and our economics?
Show us your work in reconciliation PLEASE!!!

pknopp and Harpy Eagle help Billy out here would you.

Those aren't all "basic questions". Asking someone exact dollar amount is not a basic question.

As for your general questions, if you are genuinely curious, there is a lot of material out there to read that answers them.
Sure they are .. As an example only, I'd propose $1,000 per month for every adult, regardless of current employment status. It doesn't make individuals less dependent on government, and provides no incentives to either work and / or attempt to better oneself.

Gosh .. that was difficult, and the only thing I'm curious about is hearing an individual who advocates for the fairytale idea actually explain it instead of providing subjectivity and no detail to their thought process.

lol this is so stupid. Why is it so important that I specifically say what these metrics would be? Why would that somehow undermine the entire idea of it? You think you’re making some witty argument by demanding specific metrics but it wouldn’t matter. With any economic policy, right wing or left wing, someone has to decide on specific numbers. Imagine if you proposed we cut more taxes for the middle class and then someone says to you “by how much? For who? How long? How would the tax cut be paid for in other revenue sources?” Do you have those metrics figured out for any theoretical economic idea you have? No. You don’t. You wouldn’t play by the same rules. You just want me to throw out an amount and then say “well who would decide that?!” Idiot. ANY economic idea has to be measured with specific amounts.

You’re also further a moron with this incentive to work question. I already explained that the income amount would not be enough for people to quit their jobs. It would just be enough to help impoverished full time workers. They couldn’t survive on the UBI by itself.
Well, gosh .. payment amount, payment frequency, eligible individuals (the # of beneficiaries), and administrative overhead equate to how much it costs, dumbass.

Impoverished full-time workers, eh? How does free money incentivize this sample of individuals to better themselves (hint: it doesn't)?

I’ll just ignore most of your personally concocted lying bullshit.
Tell me this; if the cost of birth is $20k per child and the cost to put a child in a public school is $15k per year and we’re giving the cockroaches all the free healthcare they can use, rent subsidies, EBT, costs to prosecute and incarcerate for maiming, raping and murdering our daughters…etc etc…..HOW AND THE FUCK are they helping us and our economics?
Show us your work in reconciliation PLEASE!!!

pknopp and Harpy Eagle help Billy out here would you.
I love how your neanderthal dumbass asks for sources for such basic information yet you provide none of your own.

And dumbass, as I already explained, they do not qualify for welfare like SNAP or Medicare/medicaid. The ONLY free healthcare they get is ER visits like everyone else. Why do they get that? Because obviously it would be ridiculous to force anyone going to the ER to show proof they are citizens. If you went to the ER, how would you react if they said to you “well you could be an illegal alien from Canada. You need to prove you are not!”.

As far as any other healthcare goes, they don’t get jack shit. All they get is short term help to keep them alive for the day.

God you’re fucking stupid lol

There is no requirement for work. That is the point - it's "universal". But in every jurisdiction where it's been tried, unemployment amoung the recipients declined. In study groups, every group with guaranteed income, had declining rates of unemployment at the end of one year on the program.

One of my neighbours in the 1990's was a single mother with 2 young children living on welfare - high school drop out, teen marriage. She had gone back to school and got her GED, and was taking a college course leading to an apprenticeship program. She was 6 months away from graduation, when Mike Harris was elected and immediately cut welfare payments by 20% across the board. She could no longer afford to buy a transit pass to go back and forth to school. $90 a month at the time.

It was 2 years before my neighbour could afford to return to school. She finished her course at the top of her class and was immediately working full time at a decent rate of pay. Taxpayers supported that family for 2 years at a cost of $20,000, when $540 dollars so she could afford a bus pass for 6 months would have saved taxpayers $19,460.

Being poor and never having enough money is very stressful. You have to have phone or you can't find work, but if you can't afford a phone, because your rent just went up, or you lost your job because of a recession, you're screwed. My single parent daughter just cut her WIFI to save money when she was between jobs, but it's really became a problem for her not to have internet access for herself or her children.

Those who received GUI knew their basic expenses were covered. They weren't juggling money all month long trying to keep their utilities going, deciding how much or how little to pay each account to jolly them along, and guessing wrong. Stress is exhausting, and it affects your health and ability to function.

In the studies done, recipients talked about the positive impact relief from that stress brought to their lives. They were better parents and had more time for their children. They had more time, energy and resources to upgrade their skills, or search for a job. Knowing that if the job didn't work out, they wouldn't be left with no money and no job, enabled them to take a job, and provided them with the window to work.

I'm aware of that .. yet, one of the advocates disagrees. Perhaps you should try and read my comments.

Well, gosh .. payment amount, payment frequency, eligible individuals (the # of beneficiaries), and administrative overhead equate to how much it costs, dumbass.

Impoverished full-time workers, eh? How does free money incentivize this sample of individuals to better themselves (hint: it doesn't)?
Obviously a yearly budget is a yearly budget lol. The frequency of every two weeks or every two months for payments wouldnt matter. Again, any economic proposal, GOP or democrat, would require a specific yearly budget that economists or lawmakers would decide upon.

That’s easy. The money they would get would be just enough to keep their heads above water. If they want to live a life of comfort or make enough money to be able to buy a home, they would need a middle class income. UBI wouldn’t go to anyone in the middle class.

lol so you don’t actually have an explanation? Got it
Hey - I'm not here to educate you in basic economics. Clearly you have some things to learn, but if you're going to spout off about things like universal basic income, and expect to be taken seriously, you should already understand the concept of supply and demand, and how it impacts prices.

Just making a joke out of your sky is falling secret organization , controlling your life. " They are hiding behind every bush. I find great humor in people that think the way you do. wouldn't want to be you , I wouldn't want to live in your scary world inside your head.

Quote from You
The ubi intertwines with the upcoming digital currency system and it will identify each person. Most people will accept.

"

Has nothing to do with govt or conspiracy theories. Sadly, most people such as yourself will not get it when the time comes.

The ubi intertwines with the upcoming digital currency system and it will identify each person. Most people will accept.
That immigration bill that establishment GOP and the DNC had introduced had provisions for digital ID for EVERYONE. . . and yet?

The DNC and media are gaslighting the entire nation that the reason Trump and the freedom caucus opposed it was really about power and the election.

Kamala and her communist running mate promise to pass it.

:sigh2:

Sadly, the latest generations think free stuff from the govt is good and will bow to the state. This is where we are heading.
Billy000 has been there for years…He’s head of the Free Shit Army.
IMG_0223.jpeg

Forum List

Back