🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are White Cops Killing Black Males because they are Racists?

Are White Cops Activily Killing Black Males because they are Racists?

• Total voters
As I clearly stated several times ( please go back and read it again ), what I said was ONLY my opinion, nothing more. I made it very clear that it was my opinion ONLY. So, what's your point? Or, do you have one? Oh, and after reading it after I hit the post tab, I realized that I left out the fact that no longer are people looking the other way when blacks are brutalized and murdered by cops.

I see no evidence of cops killing black males because of racism. None. Evidently neither do you. Why are you upset anyway? You reconfirmed everything I just noted.
I stated that it ( racism ) MAY be a small part of the over all picture. I'm NOT upset in the least, none whatsoever. What did I reconfirm that you noted? Please point it out to me. I guess I missed my confirmation of your comment.

Sure, my post said the following ..

"The racial aspect of your argument boils down to the following statement. "In other words, if cops brutalize a black person, they figure that they'll be less likely to receive criticism, than if they were to brutalize a white person." Do you have evidence for this or is this yet another theory that cannot be proved either way that people will rely on knowing damn well that cant be proved right or wrong one way or the other?"

That is basically what you just confirmed. That's ok. Completely. But there is also a problem with it.

Once again you asked for evidence of racism as if racism will be discovered in someones pocket during a pat down

I'll settle for indicators.

whats an indicator of racism then? Should be easy..

I think there is a deep psychological component here. Race and racism. There is something in our primal minds that we trust people of our own race, and distrust those that aren't. Blacks are NOT immune to that. A human failing. Police officers don't leave their humanity at the door, can you? It's easy to point out and condemn, though.

I see no evidence of cops killing black males because of racism. None. Evidently neither do you. Why are you upset anyway? You reconfirmed everything I just noted.
I stated that it ( racism ) MAY be a small part of the over all picture. I'm NOT upset in the least, none whatsoever. What did I reconfirm that you noted? Please point it out to me. I guess I missed my confirmation of your comment.

"The racial aspect of your argument boils down to the following statement. "In other words, if cops brutalize a black person, they figure that they'll be less likely to receive criticism, than if they were to brutalize a white person." Do you have evidence for this or is this yet another theory that cannot be proved either way that people will rely on knowing damn well that cant be proved right or wrong one way or the other?"

That is basically what you just confirmed. That's ok. Completely. But there is also a problem with it.

Once again you asked for evidence of racism as if racism will be discovered in someones pocket during a pat down

I'll settle for indicators.

whats an indicator of racism then? Should be easy..

Michelle Alexander has come up with quite a few of them

First consider the mentality of cops, their power and authority, and the free pass the legal system usually gives them. Examine the recent incidents reported and magnified in the media. Then look at pass history, as far back as the Rodney King incident in Los Angeles.

Now, in my opinion, racism may play a small part in the grand scheme of the inexcusable and barbaric inhumane conduct on the part of cops, but the real reasons go far beyond that of racism. It is my opinion that people of color are easy targets simply because of their reputation for breaking the law. An example would be the number of blacks in our jails and prison system. So, in my opinion, cops figure that mistreating blacks would cause less public outcry than if they exerted the same brutality on Whites. In other words, if cops brutalize a black person, they figure that they'll be less likely to receive criticism, than if they were to brutalize a white person.

Cops have a lot of anger, they join the police force as a means to legally release that anger, and to act out their frustrations and personal issues. This is evident by the number of reported cases where cops abuse their spouses. This is also evident in the many videoed incidences where upwards of six cops are beating and kicking an individual already hand cuffed and on the ground. This behavior exhibits an "attack and harm" mentality, and also is indicative of much deeper psychological issues. In addition, egos, machoism, and the rush from the authority and power play huge roles in their behavior.

So, to answer your question, racism is not the main issue, but rather a by-product of the over all reason cops become cops. And, in my opinion, just the simple fact that they are wearing a uniform acts to boost and feed their aggressions. Mine you, the above is only my opinion based on years of observations and personal experiences. But, I believe it to be very close to truth.

The racial aspect of your argument boils down to the following statement. "In other words, if cops brutalize a black person, they figure that they'll be less likely to receive criticism, than if they were to brutalize a white person." Do you have evidence for this or is this yet another theory that cannot be proved either way that people will rely on knowing damn well that cant be proved right or wrong one way or the other?
As I clearly stated several times ( please go back and read it again ), what I said was ONLY my opinion, nothing more. I made it very clear that it was my opinion ONLY. So, what's your point? Or, do you have one? Oh, and after reading it after I hit the post tab, I realized that I left out the fact that no longer are people looking the other way when blacks are brutalized and murdered by cops.

I have stated that what I said was ONLY an opinion, period. There was absolutely NOTHING to prove, nothing. It was OPINION only, and I stated such several times in the comment. So, I did NOT confirm anything you said, that wasn't already stated by me in the original comment. And, what may I ask is the problem with it? Please point out the problem for me if you don't mind. Thanks.

I think there is a deep psychological component here. Race and racism. There is something in our primal minds that we trust people of our own race, and distrust those that aren't. Blacks are NOT immune to that. A human failing. Police officers don't leave their humanity at the door, can you? It's easy to point out and condemn, though.

They will read what you just typed and put it thru their white dude translator. Out the other end the translation will read:

ALL WHITES ARE RACIST!

Own race or own cultures? People always get confused of the two.

The racial aspect of your argument boils down to the following statement. "In other words, if cops brutalize a black person, they figure that they'll be less likely to receive criticism, than if they were to brutalize a white person." Do you have evidence for this or is this yet another theory that cannot be proved either way that people will rely on knowing damn well that cant be proved right or wrong one way or the other?

I have stated that what I said was ONLY an opinion, period. There was absolutely NOTHING to prove, nothing. It was OPINION only, and I stated such several times in the comment. So, I did NOT confirm anything you said, that wasn't already stated by me in the original comment. And, what may I ask is the problem with it? Please point out the problem for me if you don't mind. Thanks.

The problem was not with you but the implications of those with such a point of view in policy making positions.

Where did I say "they are still racist because society is racist."

Perhaps you just have reading comprehension issues, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

How is society racist? Examples please.
Alright, you really do have reading comprehension issues.

Well help this guy with comprehension issues understand how society is racist then. I love how people post and run. If you aren't here to make a claim and back it up why post at all?
Read my post again, okay? I was speculating as to why some cops feel free to kill black people. Read it again and try to understand what I said. :thup:

Oh, speculating. OK. Sooooooooo not grounded in evidence? No meant to be taken seriously? No bearing on the facts? Why post at all?
I wonder why you post at all since you don't want to here any opinion that doesn't agree with yours.

The problem was not with you but the implications of those with such a point of view in policy making positions.
Yes, I agree that those that make policy don't always have equality, equal justice, and fairness in mind. But, to me, that's an entirely different conversation and topic from what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the problems within law enforcement concerning racism and bias. I also mentioned why I thought it was taking place. I did NOT imply anything about policy other than to say that our judicial system often times give cops a free pass. I guess one could find some relevance there if it was broken down into the infinite degrees.

How is society racist? Examples please.

Well help this guy with comprehension issues understand how society is racist then. I love how people post and run. If you aren't here to make a claim and back it up why post at all?
Read my post again, okay? I was speculating as to why some cops feel free to kill black people. Read it again and try to understand what I said. :thup:

Oh, speculating. OK. Sooooooooo not grounded in evidence? No meant to be taken seriously? No bearing on the facts? Why post at all?
I wonder why you post at all since you don't want to here any opinion that doesn't agree with yours.

No, you are correct, I don't like groundless opinions. Groundless opinions = bias and ignorance. I dislike the idea of making a claim based on feeling that anyone is unwilling to support. I'm not here to hear peoples baseless opinions. I'm here to argue opinions grounded in facts, evidence, indicators, etc. Aren't you?

Yes, I agree that those that make policy don't always have equality, equal justice, and fairness in mind. But, to me, that's an entirely different conversation and topic from what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the problems within law enforcement concerning racism and bias. I also mentioned why I thought it was taking place. I did NOT imply anything about policy other than to say that our judicial system often times give cops a free pass. I guess one could find some relevance there if it was broken down into the infinite degrees.

I try to keep the topic as narrow as possible for that very reason.

No, you are correct, I don't like groundless opinions. Groundless opinions = bias and ignorance. I dislike the idea of making a claim based on feeling that anyone is unwilling to support. I'm not here to hear peoples baseless opinions. I'm here to argue opinions grounded in facts, evidence, indicators, etc. Aren't you?
Well, please excuse me. You're free to by-pass my comments and respond to those of your liking. Please don't waste your time reading my obvious dribble. I was never told that opinions were not allowed on this forum. Did I miss a forum rule? Since when do OPINIONS have to be backed by FACT, especially when they are stated several times as being nothing more than OPINION? I was totally unaware of any such rule or requirement. Again, please excuse me and in the future, read comments more to your liking and approval. Thanks in advance. By the way, and for your information, what I said was based on facts as presented by various news media over many years. I didn't just pull the opinion off the wall and jot it down to irritate you or anyone else. Please accept my apology.

Well, please excuse me. You're free to by-pass my comments and respond to those of your liking. Please don't waste your time reading my obvious dribble. I was never told that opinions were not allowed on this forum. Did I miss a forum rule? Since when do OPINIONS have to be backed by FACT, especially when they are stated several times as being nothing more than OPINION? I was totally unaware of any such rule or requirement. Again, please excuse me and in the future, read comments more to your liking and approval. Thanks in advance. By the way, and for your information, what I said was based on facts as presented by various news media over many years. I didn't just pull the opinion off the wall and jot it down to irritate you or anyone else. Please accept my apology.

Apology accepted so as long as you watch this video.

I try to keep the topic as narrow as possible for that very reason.
Thank you. I totally understand your point.

I voted no. Between the raw emotion & adrenaline that occurs when things go badly for a cop I don't think preconceived notions of who you do or don't respect come into play.
Of course their is always that "one" case that someone will point to but outliers are just that

I love this one...when cops run up on blacks with their guns drawn with raw emotion and adrenaline pumping just remember...blacks dont have emotions and adrenaline when a gun is in their face.

Cops acting out is reasonable behavior lol
You are a racist piece of shit. I have had police draw their weapons on me and I'm not black.
Black is not an excuse for criminal behavior

I've seen that one several times already, thanks. By the way, I commented to the wrong comment, and you happen to be the wrong person that I comment to. My apologies. That comment wasn't intended for you. I click on the wrong comment to respond to. But, I did respond to your comment that followed mine. I'm sorry for my mistake. I do apologize. My bad.

I've seen that one several times already, thanks. By the way, I commented to the wrong comment, and you happen to be the wrong person that I comment to. My apologies. That comment wasn't intended for you. I click on the wrong comment to respond to. But, I did respond to your comment that followed mine. I'm sorry for my mistake. I do apologize. My bad.

I don't see a problem in it. But that video is good. I wish more people here would watch it.

I voted no. Between the raw emotion & adrenaline that occurs when things go badly for a cop I don't think preconceived notions of who you do or don't respect come into play.
Of course their is always that "one" case that someone will point to but outliers are just that

I love this one...when cops run up on blacks with their guns drawn with raw emotion and adrenaline pumping just remember...blacks dont have emotions and adrenaline when a gun is in their face.

You are a racist piece of shit. I have had police draw their weapons on me and I'm not black.

Were you filled with adrenaline and raw emotion then?

Probably not because you're a ex-con anyway, just another day for you

Were you filled with adrenaline and raw emotion then?

Probably not because you're a ex-con anyway, just another day for you

And he drowns in his intellectual authority via ad-homenims.

Why do you think cops kill black males?

Forum List

Back