Are You Allowed To Impeach A President For Gross Incompetence?

Are You Allowed To Impeach A President For Gross Incompetence?

• Total voters

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Are you allowed to impeach a President for gross incompetence?

I am interested to know the opinions of this forum.

Is gross incompetence a misdemeanor?

If you are in a job which affects millions of people lives, and you are a total screwup, wouldn't that be a high crime?

unfortunately, I don't see how being a stupid piece of monkey shit could get Trump tossed as long as congress tosses his salad.

Republicans can, of course, use a 25th amendment removal in response to gross incompetence.

And they would, if they weren't treasonous Putin-licking conservative wusses.

(And yes, I do realize that the phrase "Treasonous Putin-licking conservative wusses" is redundant. Simply saying "conservative" now automatically implies treason, Putin-licking, and wussdom.)

Republicans can, of course, use a 25th amendment removal in response to gross incompetence.

And they would, if they weren't treasonous Putin-licking conservative wusses.

(And yes, I do realize that the phrase "Treasonous Putin-licking conservative wusses" is redundant. Simply saying "conservative" now automatically implies treason, Putin-licking, and wussdom.)
Is a 25th Amendment removal an impeachment? I don't think so.

No...We knew he was incompetent when we elected him

You get what you pay for

I don't think he's incompetent. I think he's financially owned by Russia, and at this point he can't fire Sessions or McCabe without facing obstruction of justice charges on the investigation as to what Putin did in the election without even referencing any "collusion" with Trump. He cannot fire Mueller directly, and he tried the Senate would hire Mueller and subpoena all the files. So, when the history of his financial dealing is made public, his poll ceiling will be about where it is now.

So, everything he's doing is aimed at "informing" his base that he's a victim of "the deep state." Only he had the stones to repeal Obamacare, only he had the stones to nuke NK, he is the only reason jobs are being created .... When he departs in 2020, he intends to take his base, and his Russian finances, with him. He has even a lesser set of core philosophical opinions about how we relate to each other, and with people in other countries, than W had. W was incompetent. This guy has no interest in actually governing.

I don't think he's incompetent. I think he's financially owned by Russia, and at this point he can't fire Sessions or McCabe without facing obstruction of justice charges on the investigation as to what Putin did in the election without even referencing any "collusion" with Trump. He cannot fire Mueller directly, and he tried the Senate would hire Mueller and subpoena all the files. So, when the history of his financial dealing is made public, his poll ceiling will be about where it is now.

So, everything he's doing is aimed at "informing" his base that he's a victim of "the deep state." Only he had the stones to repeal Obamacare, only he had the stones to nuke NK, he is the only reason jobs are being created .... When he departs in 2020, he intends to take his base, and his Russian finances, with him. He has even a lesser set of core philosophical opinions about how we relate to each other, and with people in other countries, than W had. W was incompetent. This guy has no interest in actually governing.
If Trump's financial records revealed he owns assets in Russia, making him a hostage to Putin since Putin could seize them on a whim, the Trumptards would not give a flying fuck our Commander in Chief is totally compromised.

If Trump's financial records revealed he owns assets in Russia, making him a hostage to Putin since Putin could seize them on a whim, the Trumptards would not give a flying fuck our Commander in Chief is totally compromised.
That's absolutely true. However, if one adds the votes Cruz, Rubio and Kasich got in the primaries, the votes outnumber Trump's vote totals. If it turns out that Trump is kept afloat with Russian money he won't be reelected, and he may find himself charged with money laundering as well. I think that is his motivation for everything he does.

PS, and he may not own any assets in Russia. But I think what we'll find out in the end is that they are his major investor. And the funny thing is that would not be at all unusual for a developer of resorts and gambling venues. (not in Vegas though. The cops in Vegas know who the players are)

According to the Constitution- no.

However, according to the Constitution- yes.

The Constitution spells out what are the grounds for impeachment- and gross incompetance is not one of them.

On the other hand- the House can impeach a President for anything it wants to- no one can tell the House it can't- so if the House wanted to impeach a President for riding a bicycle- it could do so legally.

Forum List

Back