Are You Allowed To Impeach A President For Gross Incompetence?

Are You Allowed To Impeach A President For Gross Incompetence?

• Total voters
Republicans can, of course, use a 25th amendment removal in response to gross incompetence.

And they would, if they weren't treasonous Putin-licking conservative wusses.

(And yes, I do realize that the phrase "Treasonous Putin-licking conservative wusses" is redundant. Simply saying "conservative" now automatically implies treason, Putin-licking, and wussdom.)
You're expecting North Korea to fix all that for you.

Are you allowed to impeach a President for gross incompetence?

I am interested to know the opinions of this forum.

According to the Constitution- no.

However, according to the Constitution- yes.

The Constitution spells out what are the grounds for impeachment- and gross incompetance is not one of them.

On the other hand- the House can impeach a President for anything it wants to- no one can tell the House it can't- so if the House wanted to impeach a President for riding a bicycle- it could do so legally.
I think the gop best case is that Trump just decides to do one term, because he finds it "so distasteful, and YUUUGELY endorses Pence.

The Constitution spells out what are the grounds for impeachment- and gross incompetance is not one of them.

On the other hand- the House can impeach a President for anything it wants to- no one can tell the House it can't- so if the House wanted to impeach a President for riding a bicycle- it could do so legally.
I think the gop best case is that Trump just decides to do one term, because he finds it "so distasteful, and YUUUGELY endorses Pence.

I am actually predicting Trump resigning at some point out of boredom when his 'toy' is not so shiny.

I am actually predicting Trump resigning at some point out of boredom when his 'toy' is not so shiny.
He does NOT want to be impeached, but I don't think he wants a "quitter" label. I think he wants to go out the victim who did all anyone can do to bring down the deep state. I doubt very much he wants to lose an election. Oddly, some technical conviction of money laundering might actually work for the base, but he's too old to do time. LOL

Forum List

Back