Are you leaving or what?

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
What is it with people in parking lots who start their engines and then just sit there?

If I am looking for a parking space in a crowded lot, I may see a vehicle seemingly ready to move and wait for it to pull out . . . and wait and wait. If I drive ahead, will they suddenly go into reverse and hit me?

Or perhaps I approach my car with two bags of groceries that I intend to put on the floorboard of the right seat. The vehicle on the passenger side seems ready to leave but doesn’t. Do I risk being injured if I approach the passenger door?

Or maybe I am in the driver’s seat, ready to pull out. The driver to the right of me, in a big SUV blocking my view, has already started their engine. I will let them pull out first, so I have a clearer view of the parking lane. But I just wait and wait.

Sometimes I see that they are on a smart phone. But why can’t they look at the phone without turning on the engine? Maybe they want to turn on the air conditioning or heater first, but I often see this behavior on days with a comfortable temperature.

What is it with people in parking lots who start their engines and then just sit there?

If I am looking for a parking space in a crowded lot, I may see a vehicle seemingly ready to move and wait for it to pull out . . . and wait and wait. If I drive ahead, will they suddenly go into reverse and hit me?
I call folks like you "parking vultures". You block traffic, sitting there waiting for someone to leave so you can take their spot. Jackass.

I do admit, when I see shitstains like you, sometimes I'll just sit there with my engine running - check my email on my phone. Pick my nose, whatever, until you get bored and move on. Sorry, not sorry.

happens to me every time I hit the mall

I call folks like you "parking vultures". You block traffic, sitting there waiting for someone to leave so you can take their spot. Jackass.

I do admit, when I see shitstains like you, sometimes I'll just sit there with my engine running - check my email on my phone. Pick my nose, whatever, until you get bored and move on. Sorry, not sorry.
So you are just a dick....Got it! ;)

In my view, the jerk blocking traffic so they can get the "perfect spot" is the dick.
Maybe in a big shopping parking lot you might have a point but you don't want a four-year old going any farther than necessary. The "phone peckers" sitting about make it necessary.

Oh, and then they give you the stink-eye when they are finally ready to go but can't because you are traversing the lot with child in hand.

Ya'all relax! None of this is important!

Agreed.

This is a dumb thing to get upset about.

I sit in parking spaces all the time. Either before or after I go in a store. . . most times because there is something I am listening to on the radio, or b/c I am finishing up with lunch.

. . . though I will admit, I am not as mean as dblack, I keep my foot off the brake, and don't put the key in the ignition or put the car in reverse. I won't give anyone false hope. :lol:

I don't like to sit in the place I bought lunch at when running errands. I'll got to where I am going and listen to the radio.

I never have my day or behavior depend on the actions of others. If they leave or don't? Makes no difference to me. They are free to do what they want, and I am not going to get upset over it. It's a free nation. They have as much liberty to organize their day as I have mine. And I certainly don't care if folks get upset if I sit in my car too. So dumb.

Folks expecting others to conform to their wants, to make their lives better, is how we got to people insisting others get the jab to make them feel safe. . . when the facts were, it did not a damn thing.

BULLSHIT thread. Petty tyrants are all the same.

. . . though I will admit, I am not as mean as dblack, I keep my foot off the brake, and don't put the key in the ignition or put the car in reverse. I won't give anyone false hope. :lol:

I'm, a bastard, no doubt about it. One time, I rigged a car with a toggle switch for the brake lights, that I could trigger manually. It was the perfect way to troll tailgaters. They'd get right on my ass - because they were in a VERY BIG HURRY - then, I'd flip the switch. Seeing my brake lights come on, they hit their brakes, and I'd hit the gas. :)
BULLSHIT thread. Petty tyrants are all the same.
True Story™

Last edited:
Welcome to 2024, where cell phone addicted, immoral, self absorbed idiots abound! You can't go back in time, so you're stuck. Just let it go.

Forum List

Back