Are you okay with Border States Sending Illegal Immigrants to NYC, DC, and Martha's Vineyard?

I have no issue with it happening because it reveals something interesting to me. All this talk of accepting illegal immigration, and providing sanctuary for these people, and supporting open borders policies....was really just virtue signaling. The truth is these blue areas were not on the Southern border, knew they were insulated from the issue, and had the luxury to not care about it.

Now, they're getting illegal immigrants as well and they're freaking out....yet they're getting a fraction of what the areas of the Southern border are seeing. I think this campaign is very effective because it's points out the blue state hypocrisy, the NIMBY attitudes, and the lack of care for anything that goes outside of their sphere of power. You know what? The left made this bed and they can lay in it too. Even with this going on they're still not getting the lion share of the issue.

Ron Desantis has sent a shipment of illegals to Martha's Vineyard, and the MSM and Democrats are once again suddenly horrified, just as they were when Abbot sent them to Chicago and NYC.

I say if you talk to talk, you should walk the walk. If people in NYC/DC/Elitist northern states are going to slander border states as "racist" and "xenophobic" for not taking in illegal immigrants while being exposed to none of the negative consequences, then they should lead by example and not only accept but actively harbor illegal immigrants to show how virtuous they are.

As we've seen, northern cities have cried afoul and declared states of emergency after mere dozens of illegals are shipped to their doorstep.

Does anyone here actually think it's wrong for Republicans to call out the Democrats here and merely involve them in the process?
I am all for shipping illegals to sanctuary states. I live in Florida. DeSantis is my Governor and he looks out for the interests of those who live in Florida.

I am all for immigrants who are legal but against illegal aliens who have forced their way into line ahead of legal immigrants.

Florida is not a sanctuary state. The illegals will be much happier in a state that welcomes them. They should be treated far better And be happier.

In the past ten years, several states have passed legislation trying to clamp down on dangerous sanctuary policies at the local level, with mixed success. Florida’s 2019 anti-sanctuary law, Senate Bill (SB) 168, is one of the most recent, but some of its distinct features may be why it’s already garnering national attention for how dramatically it’s enhanced the working relationships between state and local law enforcement and federal immigration authorities.

The chief feature of SB 168 that makes it unique among anti-sanctuary laws is that it doesn’t just ban sanctuary policies, but actually requires some local law enforcement agencies to work actively with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Principally, the law directs every agency that runs one of Florida’s 67 county jail systems to enter into a formal cooperative agreement with ICE under Section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

***snip***

What is Massachusetts' sanctuary status?​

In 2017, Massachusetts' top state court ruled that Massachusetts court officers do not have the authority to arrest someone suspected of being in the U.S. illegally if that person is not facing criminal charges, the state's highest court ruled Monday. That's effectively gave the state sanctuary status.

But for years, advocates have tried to get a bill that would codify sanctuary status in Massachusetts, and it hasn't passed, despite Democrats, who tend to support sanctuary status more than Republicans, controlling the Legislature.

200w.gif

They should have thought of this a LOONG LOOOOOONG time ago!!!!

Its only FAIR......right.jpg

Ron Desantis has sent a shipment of illegals to Martha's Vineyard, and the MSM and Democrats are once again suddenly horrified, just as they were when Abbot sent them to Chicago and NYC.

I say if you talk to talk, you should walk the walk. If people in NYC/DC/Elitist northern states are going to slander border states as "racist" and "xenophobic" for not taking in illegal immigrants while being exposed to none of the negative consequences, then they should lead by example and not only accept but actively harbor illegal immigrants to show how virtuous they are.

As we've seen, northern cities have cried afoul and declared states of emergency after mere dozens of illegals are shipped to their doorstep.

Does anyone here actually think it's wrong for Republicans to call out the Democrats here and merely involve them in the process?

Abbott has a line of buses, never stopping..........shipping these invaders where they belong........to those front doors of those politicians that claim to love them SO MUCH!

People arriving at the U.S. border have the right to request asylum without being criminalized, turned back or separated from their children—even during a pandemic.Jul 1, 2022

Is it legal to cross the U.S. border to seek asylum?

Google Search:

Asylum is a form of protection which allows an individual to remain in the United States instead of being removed (deported) to a country where he or she fears persecution or harm.

How is the native govt's of these illegal immigrants persecuting them?

All migrants illegally crossing the border should be herded on to large cargo planes and flown to China, as China has 75 million uninhabited skyscraper apartment buildings and no one to live in them and thus plan to demolition them.

"Documentary filmmaker Ken Burns agreed with CNN anchor John Berman Thursday that Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., relocating illegal immigrants to Martha’s Vineyard followed similar themes of authoritarianism found in Nazi Germany." Wonder how he feels about those illegal immigrants being relocated almost as soon as they arrived in those sanctuary cities?

So much for my respect for filmmaker Ken Burns. He should have stuck to making documentaries about the National Parks.

Are you okay with Border States Sending Illegal Immigrants to NYC, DC, and Martha's Vineyard?​

How could anyone not be? They are OK with millions flooding into the border states! Funny how so many northern blue city mayors who never had a word of complaint before now that a FEW migrants are dumped unwanted on them now suddenly want this to be a "national" issue now.

Forum List

Back