Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ariel Castro found dead in Jail Cell

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Sometimes, things do work out.

Ohio man who held 3 women captive found hanged | General Headlines | Comcast

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The man serving a life prison term for kidnapping three women and repeatedly raping them in his home for nearly a decade has been found dead and is believed to have committed suicide, a prison official said.

Ariel Castro, 53, was found hanging in his cell around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, located south of Columbus in central Ohio, JoEllen Smith, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction spokeswoman, said early Wednesday.

Prison medical staff performed CPR before Castro was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 10:50 p.m.

If someone is on prison suicide watch I would have thought they would not have anything to hang themselves with. It probably wouldn't take more than a couple of moments to set something up with a belt, or rope. I wonder what method he used, and how he obtained it.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The man serving a life prison term for kidnapping three women and repeatedly raping them in his home for nearly a decade has been found dead and is believed to have committed suicide, a prison official said.

Ariel Castro, 53, was found hanging in his cell around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, located south of Columbus in central Ohio, JoEllen Smith, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction spokeswoman, said early Wednesday.

Prison medical staff performed CPR before Castro was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 10:50 p.m.

One side of me thinks the bastard escaped his punishment, the other says, hey! the asshole just saved us a ton of money, plus he's dead and all, so thats a plus.

Perhaps someone handed him a rope or belt or whatever was used and said "here, use this or else...", or words to that effect.

If someone is on prison suicide watch I would have thought they would not have anything to hang themselves with. It probably wouldn't take more than a couple of moments to set something up with a belt, or rope. I wonder what method he used, and how he obtained it.

According to the report I heard, it was a bed sheet and he hanged himself.

Do we really need 3 threads about this?

Why not? It's the best "news" reported today!!!!! :eusa_whistle:

True, but I actually prefer it when the people decide that a crime is so terrible that we are going to offically and intentionally put the criminal down.

To me all the effort we put in with appeals and such is not a flaw, its a feature, it shows that we REALLY want your ass dead, because you did something so bad that society wants you gone no matter how hard it is to complete.

And he did it without a gun.

Imagine that.

With sufficient determination the means of suicide by hanging may be implemented with torn segments of clothing or bedding.

Forum List

Back