Arming the debt bomb and rolling the dice ... Trump recession portends runaway debt and ruin

The Trump recession is here. It was hiding in plain sight before as burgeoning debt which is now going nuclear.

Trump's answer to the recession is to go nuclear on debt and slash payroll tax.

If Donald Trump slashes taxes further the debt growth will go to > 10 x GDP growth as the GDP slows to zero or goes negative.

Taxes will dive from loss of payroll taxes and from the decline in economic activity. The budget deficit could double to $2 Trillion.

This was always the danger of Trump's debt-fueled economy.

Trump's biography never progressed beyond chapter 11.

Donald Trump is sick and he has infected Uncle Sam.

Hmmmmm. For 3 years liberals have been telling us the current economic boom was Obama's baby. Now, all of a sudden, it's all Trump's fault. Which is it?

The growth is Obama's until the Trump depression hit.

The debt bomb is all Donald Trump's.
Tell me when the Don adds $10 trillion to the national debt, like Ears did?

If he gets 4 more years he will add far more than Obama did.

Going budget year to budget year (i.e. Oct 1 2009 to Sept 30 2017)

Obama added $2,848,864,083 to the national debt each and every day he was in office.

So far Trump has added $3,630,369,128 to the debt each and every day he has been in office.

Keep in mind that Trump's deficit will continue to grow for the foreseeable future and we will have a recession during the next 4 years, they are inevitable.

Love to see where you got those figures.....the view, who got them from a blogger's opinion piece.

I do not do blogs, but I would be happy to explain the math to you. I will try and keep it simple so you can understand.

I got the debt data from the government...Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

On 1 Oct 2009 the debt stood at $11,920,519,164,319.
On 30 Sept 2017 the debt stood at $ 20,244,900,016,053
That is an additional $ 8,324,380,851,734 added to the debt by Obama.
There were 2922 days between 1 Oct 2009 and 30 Sept 2017. (365.25 times 8)
$ 8,324,380,851,734 divided by 2922 equals $ 2,848,864,083 (rounded to the nearest dollar)

On 1 Oct 2017 the debt stood at $ 20,244,900,016,053.
On 6 March 2020 the debt stood at $ 23,468,667,801,947 (I use 6 Mar because that is the last day reported by the site)
That is an additional $ 3,223,767,785,894 added to the debt by Trump.
There were 888 days between 1 Oct 2017 and 6 Mar 2020. (I used this site to calculate the days...Calculate Duration Between Two Dates – Results)
$ 3,223,767,785,894 divided by 888 equals $ $3,630,369,128 (rounded to the nearest dollar)

I hope that helps.

The Trump recession is here. It was hiding in plain sight before as burgeoning debt which is now going nuclear.

If Donald Trump slashes taxes further the debt growth will go to > 10 x GDP growth as the GDP slows to zero or goes negative.

Taxes will dive from loss of payroll taxes and from the decline in economic activity. The budget deficit could double to $2 Trillion.

/—-/ When will the democRATs roll out their balanced budget to stop this recession?

The same day Rosie O’Donnell is voted Miss Universe. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

November 2020.

kathy-griffin-says-she-went-way-too-far-with-behe-2-20879-1496425824-1_dblbig.jpg

That is fucked up. Shit like this is why nobody, even us that do not like Trump dismiss your every post.

Hmmmmm. For 3 years liberals have been telling us the current economic boom was Obama's baby. Now, all of a sudden, it's all Trump's fault. Which is it?

Obama added $2,848,864,083 to the national debt each and every day he was in office.

So far Trump has added $3,630,369,128 to the debt each and every day he has been in office.

Keep in mind that Trump's deficit will continue to grow for the foreseeable future and we will have a recession during the next 4 years, they are inevitable.

Interest will soon exceed the budget deficit which means the debt accumulation will accelerate.

55331-home-cover.png

Interest will soon exceed the budget deficit which means the debt accumulation will accelerate.

55331-home-cover.png

The lowering of the interest rates will slow that process.

The TDS is getting worse...

You people have nothing on Trump, literally begging for the virus epidemic to become as bad as possible. But it won't...

Dopey Donald has hit the wall and broken the stock market.

Trump has made the stock market great. The longest economic expansion in history.

No need to kid yourself. The corona will be defeated.

How could Trump be responsible for the longest economic expansion in history after only 3 years?

His 3 years feels like a lifetime of torment.
Good

This is what’s wrong with this country. So petty. So childish.

55331-home-cover.png

55331-home-cover.png

Just a question-------------> If you do not deficit spend during a military problem, during an economic problem, (like Obama did) or during a health crisis which is affecting everything; when do you deficit spend?

We can have discussions about deficit spending when things are good, and many points I agree with Gator on. But when the stuff hits the fan and extra spending is needed, we can disagree on how it is being spent for sure, but these are the times that tool needs to be used.

55331-home-cover.png

55331-home-cover.png

Just a question-------------> If you do not deficit spend during a military problem, during an economic problem, (like Obama did) or during a health crisis which is affecting everything; when do you deficit spend?

We can have discussions about deficit spending when things are good, and many points I agree with Gator on. But when the stuff hits the fan and extra spending is needed, we can disagree on how it is being spent for sure, but these are the times that tool needs to be used.
Well one thing is sure deficit spending to help the poor and working class rather than the extreme wealthy as Ears and Donnie have done, makes more sense.

You people have nothing on Trump, literally begging for the virus epidemic to become as bad as possible. But it won't...

Trump has made the stock market great. The longest economic expansion in history.

Stock market not looking so good, and neither are those trillion dollar deficits he created.

55331-home-cover.png

55331-home-cover.png

The problem is deficit Donald increased deficits during good times, we can’t afford to increase them more.

How could Trump be responsible for the longest economic expansion in history after only 3 years?

Good

If you want to know what is wrong, look in the mirror. Start there. I am open to debate but zealots who post this: His 3 years feels like a lifetime of torment.

They are dishonest. As much as we rag on one another here my life has not been impacted much since DJT came into office. Same was true for BHO.

denizen is dishonest as are you, colfax.

55331-home-cover.png

55331-home-cover.png

The problem is deficit Donald increased deficits during good times, we can’t afford to increase them more.
Sure we can. Why do say we can’t? They just print more.

The debt the debt
Should of listened to some of us on the right and the libertarians decades ago..and we warned yas about giving affirmitive action leftwing commie oreos a gold card with no limits ..
I'll say it again no one is getting off this ride till it collapses ...enjoy it and the decline

Lowest unemployment in 50 years. Sucks to be you.

Good

If you want to know what is wrong, look in the mirror. Start there. I am open to debate but zealots who post this: His 3 years feels like a lifetime of torment.

They are dishonest. As much as we rag on one another here my life has not been impacted much since DJT came into office. Same was true for BHO.

denizen is dishonest as are you, colfax.
I agree with you on that. Partisans on both sides get a bit too emotional.

The debt the debt
Should of listened to some of us on the right and the libertarians decades ago..and we warned yas about giving affirmitive action leftwing commie oreos a gold card with no limits ..
I'll say it again no one is getting off this ride till it collapses ...enjoy it and the decline
The right have been the worst spenders. Look at what trump did to deficits during a strong economy.

55331-home-cover.png

55331-home-cover.png

Well one thing is sure deficit spending to help the poor and working class rather than the extreme wealthy as Ears and Donnie have done, makes more sense.

Stock market not looking so good, and neither are those trillion dollar deficits he created.

Folks, I wonder if you know or care that this whole thing as far as the market is an attempt by Putin with the help of, or maybe in spite of Saudi Arabia, to put the American fracking industry out of business.

The Corona virus slowed down energy usage enough that they feel, they can flood the market with cheap oil, and have our oil and natural gas industry default.

If you like that idea, cheer it on. Just know WHY this is actually happening politically!

What is it that you don’t understand that Trump is fucking up the great economy he inherited from Obama’s just like he squandered the fortune he inherited from his father.

Everything Trump touches dies.
Obama's legacy is just a bad memory. Thank you president Trump!

It's not Trumps debt and it wasn't Obama's debt- it's tax payer debt.

Forum List

Back