Aroldis Chapman, 36 yrs old 15 years in the MLB and STILL hits 103 MPH!

nolan ryan.....

Recently I've seen several actors and former football players try to hit the baseball. It's not easy. I know we think it is because the last time we did it we remember hitting it, but try it now in our 40's, 50's and beyond and we find the hand eye contact isn't there.

I find myself slipping and I've lost a step or two. I know I could still whip most young 20 something year old's but not if they know any MMA.

And I remember quite a few years ago, maybe 5 years, a 14 year old was kicking that soccer ball into the net and as goalie, I had no change.

I also remember going to the trampoline park. Have you ever done it? Those kids can jump on one trampoline and fly over 3 squares into a 4th trampoline, and best I can do is maybe bypass 1 square. Scares I'm going to miss the trampoline and hit the side and sprain my ankle. LOL. It's not fair Harry! We went and played dodgeball with these kids. I had no chance. The kid whipped the ball and it smashed me in the face 2 games in a row, right after the bell rung to start the game. I was trying to catch the ball but it just smashed my face each time. My brother and nephews still remember it. It must have looked HILARIOUS.

Recently I've seen several actors and former football players try to hit the baseball. It's not easy. I know we think it is because the last time we did it we remember hitting it, but try it now in our 40's, 50's and beyond and we find the hand eye contact isn't there.

I find myself slipping and I've lost a step or two. I know I could still whip most young 20 something year old's but not if they know any MMA.

And I remember quite a few years ago, maybe 5 years, a 14 year old was kicking that soccer ball into the net and as goalie, I had no change.

I also remember going to the trampoline park. Have you ever done it? Those kids can jump on one trampoline and fly over 3 squares into a 4th trampoline, and best I can do is maybe bypass 1 square. Scares I'm going to miss the trampoline and hit the side and sprain my ankle. LOL. It's not fair Harry! We went and played dodgeball with these kids. I had no chance. The kid whipped the ball and it smashed me in the face 2 games in a row, right after the bell rung to start the game. I was trying to catch the ball but it just smashed my face each time. My brother and nephews still remember it. It must have looked HILARIOUS.
you think its bad now,wait until you put 10 more years in ....and hitting a baseball is considered one the harder things to do in sport,,,,a hitter hitting 30 balls out of 100 consistently is considered a great hitter....were would labron be if he only hit 30% of his shots?.....

I take back everything I said about Chapman. He has settled down now and is being an excellent set-up man.

you think its bad now,wait until you put 10 more years in ....and hitting a baseball is considered one the harder things to do in sport,,,,a hitter hitting 30 balls out of 100 consistently is considered a great hitter....were would labron be if he only hit 30% of his shots?.....
Yesterday I asked my brother to go to the batting cage soon. He is 54. He said last time he did it not too long ago he was hitting the ball. But he was only in the 60mph pitch.

Forum List

Back