Artful Homemade Quilts Have A Way

The other way would be I've been wanting to do a spools quilt, too, even drafted a pattern that suits me, kind of on this order:

My spools would be taller like real spools of thread:

Attachments

• $#a spools idea.jpg
    $#a spools idea.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 23
  • $#a spool.jpg
    $#a spool.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 17
  • $Spools from scrapbag.jpg
    $Spools from scrapbag.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 16
Well, I couldn't shake this idea, but it was too large, so I downsized the block for a child or crib quilt.

27084d1375796128-artful-homemade-quilts-have-a-way-postage-stamp-quilt6.jpg

I love her colors, they're so like mine you'd think she might have seen one of my quilts sometime in the past 30 years. Or maybe the proverb that there's nothing new under the sun is true. :)

Here are my starter blocks:

Attachments

• $Controlled 2 Postage Stamp Scrap White.jpg
    $Controlled 2 Postage Stamp Scrap White.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 18
  • $Controlled 4.1 Postage Stamp Scrap White.jpg
    $Controlled 4.1 Postage Stamp Scrap White.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 17
  • $Controlled 5.1 Postage Stamp Scrap White.jpg
    $Controlled 5.1 Postage Stamp Scrap White.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Beckums, I'm not working on the tablecloth until the paint job is done. Don't want to risk picking it up with even the possibility of having paint on me I don't know about.

I think I'm going to paint my back bedroom lavender. I have pink curtains and a coverlet on the bed that has some pink and lavender in it. I had a lavender BR when I was in high school. I've been pining for it.

But I won't do it until I've finished current project and done the room I sleep in. The front BR is next, THEN I'll look about the lavender for the back bedroom. When I go through Murray Saturday, I may stop and pick up some paint chips.

Beckums, I'm not working on the tablecloth until the paint job is done. Don't want to risk picking it up with even the possibility of having paint on me I don't know about.
That's why I don't dye fabrics. It makes a huge mess and puts anything near it at risk. And fibro makes me a little clumsy for some reason.

Well, mission accomplished on one goal today--the white first borders on all of the 5-patch, 25-square blocks are completely done. I can't put my hands on the blocks I scanned last night. Guess I better go count stacks and see if they're somewhere. I'm starting to really love this little quilt. It's a cheerful task to work with bright colors and somber ones, all mixed together just like life.

May God watch over all who arrive on our little thread here, especially those who have lost jobs or had their hours cut back to the point where it almost doesn't pay for their gas to get there. :eusa_pray:

May God bring peace to our troubled world and an abiding passion for helping others when and where we can.

:huddle:

Love,

becki

Hey I went to the quilt show here over lunch...and I took a LOT of pics! I tried to load them earlier but didn't have time to sit and wait for my computer...I'll get them on here tonight.

AND...guess what my mom sent us? ANOTHER SEWING MACHINE! It's a little portable Sunbeam for the kids!! I'm super excited about it. My dream of my own sweatshop is finally coming to fruition!!

I will be a lot more tolerant of girls in the kitchen if they're sewing, instead of cooking. When they cook they make an UNHOLY mess.

022_zpsd5a82ec6.jpg

^^ Remember the old quilt of my sister's that I've posted pics of? Here's it's twin!

013_zps88d2869b.jpg

015_zps2f96b8fe.jpg

007_zps42b2d395.jpg

Forum List

Back