Zone1 Assisted dying bill passes in the Lords. Will soon become law

Oh well, that argument is easily disposed of and has been disposed of. If the individual was in sound mind, he or she would naturally accept euthanasia. Therefore we will assume the soundness of mind and kill the poor sot.
It hasnt been debunked. Its a complicated issue. Look at the case you highlighted. The lady requested euthanasia when she was well and in sound mind. She railed against it when she was suffering from dementia.
Which state of mind holds most sway ?
I tend to think the latter but if that is the case why bother making a will. And if you ignore that why not ignore the rest of it ?
Mainly I dont think that Doctors and Nurses should have to perform on relubtant people.
Its a complicated situation and doesnt need conspiracy theories.

It hasnt been debunked. Its a complicated issue. Look at the case you highlighted. The lady requested euthanasia when she was well and in sound mind. She railed against it when she was suffering from dementia.
Which state of mind holds most sway ?
I tend to think the latter but if that is the case why bother making a will. And if you ignore that why not ignore the rest of it ?
Mainly I dont think that Doctors and Nurses should have to perform on relubtant people.
Its a complicated situation and doesnt need conspiracy theories.
The state of mind that says DON'T KILL ME should control at all times.

I think you allow your paranoia to cloud your judgement.
In the past few weeks several expensive medecines have been invented including intelligent insulin.
And at the end of it you make a strong case against capital punishment.
Capital punishment punishes the guilty, assisted dying targets the innocent.

I can only speak for my experience. But I had an elderly family member in the hospital recently who was "begging" doctors to just let her die. The doctors concluded she could make her own decisions. But we fought it. Today that elderly family member has recovered enough and is enjoying life and now wants to live.

Everyone has their own boundaries.. When I was in hospital I saw a guy shittiiing in a pan and having nurses wipe his arse afterwards. I dont think I could cope with that.
This bill will be amended as different voices weigh in.
I dont think it will be a one size fits all.
Yes it is a deeply complicated issue with many different components to deal with. If that guy got well from whatever ailed him though, his temporary humiliation was well worth it and he no doubt would be quite grateful that he wasn't allowed to end his life due to temporary embarrassment.

I can only speak for my experience. But I had an elderly family member in the hospital recently who was "begging" doctors to just let her die. The doctors concluded she could make her own decisions. But we fought it. Today that elderly family member has recovered enough and is enjoying life and now wants to live.
Thats a good outcome.

Everyone has their own boundaries.. When I was in hospital I saw a guy shittiiing in a pan and having nurses wipe his arse afterwards. I dont think I could cope with that.
This bill will be amended as different voices weigh in.
I dont think it will be a one size fits all.

Please reconsider. You ate, drank, and smoked yourself into becoming a burden on your society.

Forum List

Back