Zone1 Assisted dying bill passes in the Lords. Will soon become law

The bill will not allow mentally ill people to use this. It will be people in the last 6 months of life, in pain and mentally sound.
I think that there are huge safeguards that need to be built in. It cant be run by a profit making org for the obvious reason. And outside influences need to be guarded against.
Harold Shipman, but legalised. What could go wrong :rolleyes:

Switzerland is the only place that does this. There is an organisation called Dignitas that provides it. Switzerland is not a part of the EU.
It comes into the news cycle every year. Usually when the grieving wife or husband is arrested when they land at Heathrow,
Its an option only available to the rich.
A life you are weary off versus drifting away looking out the window looking at an alp and listening to Canteloube.
not sure if the link works but here is what I found...
Belgium

I dont know if it is legal in the US but this has been opposed by conservatives for years.

Some of their arguments are compelling and I have my doubts at times. But I can ennvisage a structure put iin place to mitigate the consequences of this.

Reading this article it seems the move is a popular one in the country. We all have painful experiences of watching a loved one die. so I guess that is not a surprise.

Do you have such a law in the US. How does it work ?
I think it would be great for you, Tommy! I'm happy that your "Lords" are giving you this opportunity.

This looks just your size:

1722203488275.png

I hope you'll try it on soon.

Just kidding, I wish you good health.

I actually did watch a loved one die over the summer. She was in a skilled nursing facility. She was moved into hospice, which was not a physical move, but a change in status. She had been taken to the hospital twice in two weeks and it was hard on them.

Long story short, she was in a better mood once that happened than she had been for months. I am sure they were giving her medication to ease her pain. Like really ease it. I know there is a lot of fear in the medical community due to our out of control tort industry. So, I'm thinking she lucked out and got one with deeper pockets, not so afraid of a lawsuit.

Passing laws specifically allowing end of life medication like that and limiting liability for it would be a better option than encouraging the old to off themselves.

I dont know if it is legal in the US but this has been opposed by conservatives for years.

Some of their arguments are compelling and I have my doubts at times. But I can ennvisage a structure put iin place to mitigate the consequences of this.

Reading this article it seems the move is a popular one in the country. We all have painful experiences of watching a loved one die. so I guess that is not a surprise.

Do you have such a law in the US. How does it work ?
Assisted suicide is inhumane.

When people say, "My Rights', always reminds me of the film Castaway with Tom Hanks washed up on a deserted island. Stand there on your Tod and claim you have the right to a gun, free wi-fi, assisted dying, bla bla and so on. Then how long will the person stand there before reality kicks in?

Forum List

Back